AT&T LTE not working for Oneplus One?

Cheezman88

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, first time poster here. Hope this thread can provide more information regarding this issue.
I have had my Oneplus One on AT&T for several days now and have tried everything but am still only able to get "H+" for data. I'm in the NYC area, on the mobile share value plan. I'm coming from an HTC EVO 4G LTE on Ting (Spring MNVO). Here is what i've tried:
-Updating/changing APN settings
-Called AT&T tech support three times and went to physical tech support store. All of them could not help me, and told me they couldn't guarantee 4G LTE service for unlocked phones. So they basically told me there's nothing they can do for me.
-I had the tech support register a new SIM card on one of their AT&T approved LTE phones, then put into my Oneplus One. No luck, still H+
-My only option left to try, is to use one of the store's display model IMEI's... which i do have. But before i do that... i wanted to know what your thoughts were.
-My SIM card does have LTE if its inserted into an AT&T approved LTE device. So i'm starting to think its the phone itself.
-I'm getting approximately 8-9Mbps download

At this point, even the H+ data speeds are faster than what i had over at Sprint. But if i'm paying for this service i shouldn't have to settle. Would appreciate any help, thank you!

**By the way. When i type in the *#*#4649#*#* and go to Phone Info. Under "Network Type", i see HSPA+

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check the frequencies the phone is capable of against the frequencies AT&T uses for LTE. The phone is missing the 1700 MHz and 1900 MHz bands. If that's what AT&T is using for LTE at that spot, you won't get it. However, HSPA is 42.2 mbps down/5.76 mbps up, and the internet is only about 2mbps, so unless you're downloading more than 21 files at a time, and have great paths to each one, you'll never notice the lack of speed. Maybe in 10 years it'll make a difference, but by then the OnePlus One will probably be seen on Craig's List for $30, and 4G LTE will seem like dial-up does to us now.

Cheezman88

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Hmm i will have to ask AT&T that. I feel its BS though if i'm paying full price for 80% of the service. Maybe i'll switch over to T-mobile eventually. Would this be the case if i used Cricket Wireless? I know they're under AT&T, but im wondering if their LTE signal is different?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
What version update are you on.

I seem to remember LTE being added in one of the updates. I.e. the letters LTE in the display. Are you getting LTE speeds?

I was on ATT and have had and LTE account and my OPO showed LTE once I put my SIM in.

Posted via my Nexus 6!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hmm i will have to ask AT&T that. I feel its BS though if i'm paying full price for 80% of the service. Maybe i'll switch over to T-mobile eventually. Would this be the case if i used Cricket Wireless? I know they're under AT&T, but im wondering if their LTE signal is different?
Cricket caps LTE speeds at 8 MB down. For hspa+ it's capped at 4 MB down. It sounds like AT&T didn't provision the phone for LTE. You may just need to call and ask them to do that until someone actually does. Otherwise, switch to Cricket and save a ton of money. :)

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, first time poster here. Hope this thread can provide more information regarding this issue.
I have had my Oneplus One on AT&T for several days now and have tried everything but am still only able to get "H+" for data. I'm in the NYC area, on the mobile share value plan. I'm coming from an HTC EVO 4G LTE on Ting (Spring MNVO). Here is what i've tried:
-Updating/changing APN settings
-Called AT&T tech support three times and went to physical tech support store. All of them could not help me, and told me they couldn't guarantee 4G LTE service for unlocked phones. So they basically told me there's nothing they can do for me.
-I had the tech support register a new SIM card on one of their AT&T approved LTE phones, then put into my Oneplus One. No luck, still H+
-My only option left to try, is to use one of the store's display model IMEI's... which i do have. But before i do that... i wanted to know what your thoughts were.
-My SIM card does have LTE if its inserted into an AT&T approved LTE device. So i'm starting to think its the phone itself.
-I'm getting approximately 8-9Mbps download

At this point, even the H+ data speeds are faster than what i had over at Sprint. But if i'm paying for this service i shouldn't have to settle. Would appreciate any help, thank you!

**By the way. When i type in the *#*#4649#*#* and go to Phone Info. Under "Network Type", i see HSPA+
Its a simple fix...At&t has given you the wrong SIM card for your phone. Go back to another store, preferably with "Android" competent clerks. Ask to try a SIM from a Note 2. Or even better find someone with a note and stick their SIM card in and try it. I had the exact same problem with mine. They gave me an LG Sim which didn't work. (With LTE) There are other SIM cards that can do it as well, I have seen where iphone SIM's work as well. The Samsung Note 2 SIM or equivalent is the one I am using.

I found a store with a tech with a Note 2, he stuck his SIM card in...Instant LTE. Its not the Bands, its At&t incompetence. You can thank me later...;) With the right SIM APN settings will automatically set themselves.

Last edited:

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Check the frequencies the phone is capable of against the frequencies AT&T uses for LTE. The phone is missing the 1700 MHz and 1900 MHz bands. If that's what AT&T is using for LTE at that spot, you won't get it. However, HSPA is 42.2 mbps down/5.76 mbps up, and the internet is only about 2mbps, so unless you're downloading more than 21 files at a time, and have great paths to each one, you'll never notice the lack of speed. Maybe in 10 years it'll make a difference, but by then the OnePlus One will probably be seen on Craig's List for $30, and 4G LTE will seem like dial-up does to us now.
You mean HSPA+....and unfortunately At&t doesn't do MIMO(Multiple input multiple output)Though they claim they will...T-Mo does. The theoretical speeds for HSPA+ are actually much higher than 42Mbps. The practical speeds tho, on AT&t (East coast) do not come anywhere close to those. LTE on At&t does approach and go beyond those speeds. If you have to download podcasts(ie: Android central ;) ) or any other sizable file you'll want LTE.

Also you might rethink saying internet speeds are only 2 Mbps. Even if you meant to say 2 MBps (b is bits, B is Bytes) Netflix streams at HD far beyond that(25MBps). Thats just one example. My LTE on At&t can stream Netflix as fast as my 35/35 Fios connection. Many of us have the At&t 30Gb or more shared plans and use a lot of Data a month. So speed or LTE becomes very important.

Last edited:

Chromer

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
go into mobile networks in settings and make sure preferred network type is LTE. Should be that by default but make sure. I just called AT&T today cause i had no LTE on my new Nexus 6, talked to three idiots one of which said the Nexus didnt get LTE, finally got a good tech and said if you swap phones alot like i do the sim will become unprevisioned for LTE. She said they dont know why but it does happen, within 10 second of giving her my imei i had LTE. Be persistant with them and they will fix it.

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same problem, but got it fixed. Make sure when you go into the store (if the correct LTE band is supported in your area) and tell them you want them to provision the SIM card to the IMEI number on your phone. As soon as they did that on mine I had LTE no problems. I just used the nano SIM tray that came with the phone and SIM from my Moto X.

lookforthe1

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar prob at the begining ... First no data... Then only h+... Later had lte.... I just gave it time to do it own thing w the network... BTW I'm on Att as well NYC area

Posted via the Android Central App

El Squish

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I also had that problem. It is not a setting problem on the phone it is AT&T's network. I took it to an AT&T store and they gave me a new sim card and changed the model number for the phone in their system. The tech there mentioned that their network doesn't recognize some of the none AT&T specific phones as being LTE capable so they have to trick the system into thinking it is one of their phones. The only fix is to talk to the AT&T folks. It took me all of 15 minutes in the store to get it done.

travis.park45

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issues, the lady on tech support entered my new IMEI then told me to change my APNs.

Should be 'ATT Phone'

everything default except change 'APN type' to "default,supl,mms" then restart. worked right away for me

hope it helps

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issues, the lady on tech support entered my new IMEI then told me to change my APNs.

Should be 'ATT Phone'

everything default except change 'APN type' to "default,supl,mms" then restart. worked right away for me

hope it helps

I had same issue. This is what fixed my issue.

Max Lance

May 4, 2015
Visit site
i had the same problem. I had it for about a week and 2 days. IT was a good phone until this weird exclimation point showed up. i went to a At&t store to see if they can help me but they couldnt. I was about to try technical service until i read what you said. But a few dys later i found a fix. You must go to mobile network settings , go to "preferred network type" and put LTE (recommended).After thaat you must go to Access Point Names.then you go to ATT Phone.It will take awhile but it will fix it

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
AT&T LTE not working for Oneplus One?

I got my OPO few weeks ago. When I first popped my ATT SIM card in, the phone came up as no service. I reboot the phone few times, I also wait 5 to 10 min between reboot. It then finally recognized the ATT service. But, I din't get LTE, only HSPA+. What I did later was: running the search. I then got LTE afterward and things are working just fine as expected after that. It might be a combination of search and time waiting for thing to properly registered. I been using the phone for few weeks and it has been great. I loan OPO to my daughter who is going to travel today. I dropped in her SIM card and immediately everything came up with LTE and everything as expected without a need to do anything. So far so good. I would try the search button in cell network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38