Rooting problem

grantwilliams

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to root my colour os opo to 11S. when trying to unlock the boot loader, in fast boot mode (laptop shows phone SERIAL), when I code 'fastboot oem unlock' (no inverted commas) it doesn't wipe my phone. When I then code 'fastboot reboot', my phone reboots but nothing has changed. What can I do?
Also, at least with my phone, when I enter recovery mode (volume down plus power), my phone remains in chinese. There is no language choice as others seem to get. Why is this.
PLEASE HELP, PARTICULARLY WITH THE UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER PROBLEM.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to root my colour os opo to 11S.
You're confusing two things here. Putting in 11S is updating. Adding su (a file) to /system/bin (a folder) is rooting.

Also, at least with my phone, when I enter recovery mode (volume down plus power), my phone remains in chinese. There is no language choice as others seem to get. Why is this.
Are you sure this is a real OPO and it's manufactured for an English-speaking market? (One made for the Chinese market may be different - like an unlockable bootloader.)

grantwilliams

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes but I can't update if my phone is not rooted. It's currently running color os. I'm trying to unlock the bootloader, install a custom recovery TWRP, and then install 11s.
I'm stuck at the first hurdle.

I don't know what market the phone is designed for. Perhaps it is the chinese market. To me it's irrelevant. I'm trying to wipe it, and install CM 11S.

grantwilliams

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry what I should have said was I can't update or root until I unlock the bootloader. Correct? My phone does not respond to code 'fastboot oem unlock'. Is this incorrect code? What should I code?

Nickel266

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If your opo came with ColorOS then it is a Chinese fake and not a real opo. All real opo come with cm11 not colorOs

Posted via the Android Central App