Problems since Lollipop with mobile reception, random freezing and battery drain

ptero5

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Howdy

My OnePlus One hasn't been working so well since upgrading to Lollipop. It's currently on 5.1.1 and CyanogenMod version 12.1-YOG4PAS3JL

The first problem is that mobile reception intermittently drops out. It's not the data, it's phone reception. I have people call me and because at the time mobile reception has dropped out it goes straight to voicemail. I've checked the APN and mobile carrier to ensure correct settings and that hasn't made any difference. I've switched wireless off and that hasn't made any difference. FYI am in Australia.

The second problem since the second last OTA update is that I will be using an app, say facebook, and the CyanogenMod screen interrupts and comes up for about a minute before going to a locked screen. When I unlock the screen the app is still open.

Finally, it might just be me, but it seems that the battery life is not as good as when I got the phone about a year ago. It seems to drain a lot more quickly than it used to.

I've been reading various guides on rooting my phone and the CyanogenMod nightlies. All new to this stuff and want to make sure I use an up to date guide that is reliable. Also, I use a Macbook Pro and many of the guides are for PC users.

Any advice on best plan of attack appreciated.

javierlp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I'm having the same issues.

Basically everytime someone reaches me they tell me they had called a ton of times, they get 2 rings and a dropped call, I never receive the mentioned call.

Posted via the Android Central App

ptero5

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Just an update. I've cleared my cache and now done a full factory reset. Will update my post if this makes any difference.

ptero5

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi there

Sorry about the slow response. After the reset the battery life seems to be a lot better. The phone reception is still patchy although seems a bit better and I'm sure it's not because of my phone provider; I am still getting friends call and because reception has dropped out it goes straight to voicemail. The screen interruption/freeze seems to have gone.

I'm going to keep an eye on it for now. Next step if it gets worse again is likely to be rooting my phone and trying Cyanogen nightlies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89