ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'll just through this out here in case it helps anyone else.I was recently using aokp and was having a bunch of reboots so I restored mirage and was still getting a lot of reboots and general instability, I decided to try out cai to see what the fuss was about and was still getting a lot of reboots so I did a fresh install of mirage and when I was setting link2sd up I noticed on my sd partition it said I had 80 megabytes of space used even though I had no apps restored yet, well using link2sd I cleaned up the partition and it found 80megs of unneeded files and deleted them.after doing that I decided to install aokp again and since I have had no reboots no freezing, and it has run better than any ROM I've had on here in a long time. maybe this will help.someone else, it did wonders for me

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just to throw in my two cents worth, I had done private testing on unreleased ICS alphas for Bobz, and Jerry, plus kernel testing for tvall, Bobz, and mgr666. As much as I'd like to offer my services for testing, DHoT has me busy enough that I can't. So some advice to those who want to test, from an experienced tester...
Always be specific (describe as much as you can about bugs you find)
Be objective (if you see a bug that doesn't bother you, report it anyway. It may bother someone else)
Don't get sidetracked (keep your reports on topic)
Be vocal (testing isn't an excuse for having unreleased software, make your reports! )
NEVER EVER REPOST TEST BUILDS WITHOUT THE DEV'S PRIOR CONSENT!

Just a few tips for everyone volunteering to test.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yo tdm, I'll volunteer to test as well. Thanks for the advice Brotherswing. :D

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Reactions: tdm

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you're gonna build for the S? I'd be happy to help test things.

Edit: also, what is DHoT? I googled couldn't find anything.

Reactions: tdm
Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay so here's the deal.

First, I've been kinda quiet this past week because I've been busy. I had to rebuild a machine at work that died and there's been lots of little things that have taken my time and attention. But I'm hoping this coming week will see some new builds. I have merged thekraven's source tree into mine (we were going to use this for our team) and I'll try to use that to push out the next release. I hope and expect that will be beta1.

I have three phones to make ROMs for. thekraven gave me a green light to step in and make builds for the LS670 (OS). I also have at least two VS660 (Vortex) users that are interested. I tossed out a VS660 build to one of them. The phone didn't work, but that's probably easily fixable.

I also have three flavors/projects to build: AOSP, CM9, AOKP.

That makes 9 ROMs and, since thekraven has bowed out (at least for now), only one dev. It's a lot to maintain.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do. The two most attractive options off the top of my head are: (1) use the IHO repo. I have commit access already. But blarf may not want aosp and aokp in his repo. Or (2) use the team account I setup (github.com/thunderc) to do another iho-like project. Except I'd be making at least some of the binaries myself.

Any devs out there that have some experience and want to step up to maintain a ROM, please let me know. I will require some experience, as I have no interest in walking people through how to build a ROM and maintain repos. I will probably also contact the IHO devs to see if any of them are interested, and give them priority if they choose.

Please post build instructions. :)

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
so heres something intresting whith the white screen problem. when alpha 10 final (im on aokp btw) came out the white screen problem had stopped, then after reading on this thread i changed my LCD density to 130 (vs the 160 it was preset to) thats when the white screen problem started happening again. im now back to 130 and havent had any white screens. i hope this helps someone :)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
so heres something intresting whith the white screen problem. when alpha 10 final (im on aokp btw) came out the white screen problem had stopped, then after reading on this thread i changed my LCD density to 130 (vs the 160 it was preset to) thats when the white screen problem started happening again. im now back to 130 and havent had any white screens. i hope this helps someone :)

Probably just a coincidence. I have the problem no matter what my density is.

Status
Not open for further replies.