[Rant] About aospCMod for the Optimus V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Asop deserves props, I never said he didnt.

What aggravated me was people saying stop complaining about NOT being able to run the rom and give the man props for his work, even tho you cant use it you should be saying your the man dawg, this is a awesome rom, this rom made my kids geniuses. And the likes. You never said that Jerry just many people said it and gave that impression.

Most of the ROM devs have thick skin and can handle the negative with the positive. The ones that cant stop development. As stated when you put your personal work in the public's view for the public to use there will be criticism period. Asop has done a hell of a job not lashing back. And for that he has my undying respect.

I know of a very popular car audio "guru" that cant handle half the criticism asop has had. And this guy even makes youtube videos about it. And will blast you if you say anything negative to him.

Hows the saying go..."haters gonna hate"?

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I never used it. I want to try it now but I can't get a zip of it to test. There's a link on the install guide but it won't Dow load for me. I don't use rom manager and don't plan to.

GeekOutDog

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
It's all I'd ever consider using, personally. Sure I'd like to see the bugs fixed, but I can't imagine sacrificing all the other features that do work by going to a rom based on older code.

After all... that's the value in this phone, isn't it? A phone that's dirt cheap to own over the span of a year that is capable of handling the newest android os and all that comes with it.

It's not a powerhouse phone, but I use it every day to stream netflix, to browse the web, post on facebook, and to send/receive emails. I talk on it in my car with speakerphone on driving to and from work. And I get over a day out of the battery while using it for large portions of the day.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I never used it. I want to try it now but I can't get a zip of it to test. There's a link on the install guide but it won't Dow load for me. I don't use rom manager and don't plan to.

Go to the thread, use the search thread feature, and search for MMSFIXED. The first post in the search results is just one of many that have the latest build available for direct download instead of using ROM Manager. Gotta love that search button ;)

Irate Iguana

Boss Status
Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I've always loved AOSP and his work :D. So you know what?
haterbatman.jpg

gyanos422

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I installed it and I love it. From the extended battery life, to the screen on/off CRT style animation to the overall increased speed, i haven't found anything that i CAN complain about. I just wish there were more developers working on other roms. I want to try others, but aospCMod does everything i want and hasn't given me a reason other than curiosity to try any others.

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been kinda tired of ranting. My rants were a few weeks ago on xda, if you want to call it a rant.
I then tried to be proactive and post the ROM Manager issues via proper channels. Apparently the issues are a few clicks for someone who would know what to do with it.
Manifest misclassification
Initial assert error with 3.2.0.0 recovery from Koush
My pull request to set the 20110531 aosp Clockwork Recovery of aosp as the alternate recovery in ROM Manager for the Optimus V

I guess I'm done but that's me ranting... at least trying to be constructive about it and put something on the table. A lot of the rants would not have happened if someone with the know how would address them in like 5 minutes. I'm not the man at the wheel and wouldn't know what to do if I could, though it sure looks easy.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been kinda tired of ranting. My rants were a few weeks ago on xda, if you want to call it a rant.
I then tried to be proactive and post the ROM Manager issues via proper channels. Apparently the issues are a few clicks for someone who would know what to do with it.
Manifest misclassification
Initial assert error with 3.2.0.0 recovery from Koush
My pull request to set the 20110531 aosp Clockwork Recovery of aosp as the alternate recovery in ROM Manager for the Optimus V

I guess I'm done but that's me ranting... at least trying to be constructive about it and put something on the table. A lot of the rants would not have happened if someone with the know how would address them in like 5 minutes. I'm not the man at the wheel and wouldn't know what to do if I could, though it sure looks easy.

Looks like you had some success. 4 hours ago Koush posted that the recovery issue with the asserts has been fixed. I don't have time to test it out tonite, but I will try tomorrow and post my results.

I do not recommend anyone without experience fixing recovery issues try this out till someone posts that it is all good. I have helped and seen threads where others helped too many people with semi-bricks from recovery issues.

K

kobequintana

This was the very first rom I flashed and I was stable as the ground leopard up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.