Rom Manager downloading AospCmod question

bergerdml

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I am trying for the first time to install a custom rom onto my Optimus V but am having troubles figuring out how to do it. My phone is properly rooted and I have bought and installed rom manager. I have decided that Aosp Cmod is the first rom I want to try. However, using rom manager to download the rom, I find that i get different options than the walkthroughs I have read (such as https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/12623902/1/HOWTOWORKROMMANAGER?h=37bfbf#gallery:8)

Specifically, when I try to download a rom in Rom Manager, I only get the choice of Extras and Google Apps for AOSP. Why cant I see AOSP as an option (or any other roms for that matter)? Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
That is the latest build, just make sure you download and install the gapps.zip. You can find it on the first page of the aosp thread. What recovery are you using? I would recommend the .4 version of xionia cwma. It works best on this phone and will flash all available roms. Search for flashable recoveries in this forum and read the instructionson how to install.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
ROM Manager does work now, but the manifests are still borked.

This means the version of ClockworkMod that ROM Manager installs is now compatible with the Optimus V.

The borked manifest means that unless you already have aospCMod installed, you will not see the download. Even if you do have aospCMod installed already, you have to follow the instructions you mentioned to flash manually and then choose LG Optimus One. Hopefully the manifest will be straightened out, but regardless, aosp has said he will provide a mirror for future releases.

Growjunky

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
You can get the newest aosp cm7 rom another way also by installing the lg optimus one recovery from rom manager then go to download roms and its there then flash zefies clockwork mod recovery via terminal emulator then use zefies recovery to flash the rom and gapps all done. It worked for me.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You can get the newest aosp cm7 rom another way also by installing the lg optimus one recovery from rom manager then go to download roms and its there then flash zefies clockwork mod recovery via terminal emulator then use zefies recovery to flash the rom and gapps all done. It worked for me.

That's a few more steps than necessary. ;) All you have to do it tell it you are using the optimus one, without actually using it its recovery, and then go download the rom. I use xionia .6 and have no problems downloading the rom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez