Optimus V Cannot get past ClockworkMod Recovery

spex55

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a couple of other threads similar to this, but there seem to be so many different ways to resolve this problem depending on the individual's circumstances.

I'm relatively new to Android and the terminology. I know enough to have rooted my phone with superone click and perform some restore / recovery options in clockworkmod.

Here's the circumstances:

-I have an optimus v
-I rooted it with superone click
-I installed ROM manager and Clockworkmod recovery 3.2.0.0
-I took a backup through ROM manager several months ago
-I haven't used it since I bought my Triumph a month ago
-I went to do a Factory Reset through the OS in order to prepare it to give to someone else
-When booting up again, it goes into ClockworkMod Recovery
-It won't come out of there
-Tried wipe data/factory reset, recovering from my previous backup, deleted all the caches and flashed the stock rom
-Still always boots into Clockworkmod and not the regular system
-What is the quickest, easiest way to get a working Andorid phone back?

TibsterNumber13

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a couple of other threads similar to this, but there seem to be so many different ways to resolve this problem depending on the individual's circumstances.

I'm relatively new to Android and the terminology. I know enough to have rooted my phone with superone click and perform some restore / recovery options in clockworkmod.

Here's the circumstances:

-I have an optimus v
-I rooted it with superone click
-I installed ROM manager and Clockworkmod recovery 3.2.0.0
-I took a backup through ROM manager several months ago
-I haven't used it since I bought my Triumph a month ago
-I went to do a Factory Reset through the OS in order to prepare it to give to someone else
-When booting up again, it goes into ClockworkMod Recovery
-It won't come out of there
-Tried wipe data/factory reset, recovering from my previous backup, deleted all the caches and flashed the stock rom
-Still always boots into Clockworkmod and not the regular system
-What is the quickest, easiest way to get a working Andorid phone back?

I had the same issue a while back. What you did, is factory reset through the phone, which was something you're never supposed to do.

Use this guide:
How to restore your Optimus V to almost original condition - Prepaid Android

It worked for me.

spex55

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I wish I was able to post links the first time I posted, because when I said that I tried to flash back to original rom, that's exactly the link I used.

Did you do the Stock Rom or Stock recovery?

Flashing to Stock Rom did not change my situation.

If you were successful with Stock Recovery, I'm not sure what ADB is or how I would be able to install or use it .. as I can't get past clockworkmod recovery. Same with Terminal emulator.

Would you be so kind as to provide a little direction?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
if you have working clockworkmod recovery you can use it to flash xionia recovery
xionia should break your bootloop and let you boot into whatever rom you have installed.

download to your pc you used for rooting the phone xionia (thanks to mmarz for the link)
plug your phone into the pc.
in clockwork recovery choose mounts and storage, then select mount USB storage.
your phone sd card should show up as a removable drive. copy the xionia recovery zip to the phone. do NOT unzip it.
on your phone, push back to get to the main menu. select install zip.
choose the xionia zip. reboot the phone.

original post
good luck.

spex55

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Excellent Big Squid. Thank you, that worked!

On a somewhat related note, where can I find a recent working cyanogenmod rom for Optimus V.. and does it exisit for Triumph yet?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
you're welcome.
Look at the IHO flavored roms for cm7. the posting is active enough the thread is still high up the page.
clueless about the triumph.

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Totally sorry about Necro-ing this old topic, but it didn't work for me(I adopted my friend's old one to make spiffy and give to another friend for her bday)

Anyway, my friend already had it rooted and whatnot, and it worked before I started fiddling around in CWM. He DOES have a file already on there called Xiona-VM.zip(your link is broken)

I was getting an error(attached) after that and installing a new rom.

I did get ONE rom to work, CM7 Nightly Thunder but when I went to boot it, it just stayed in the LG screen. :?

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Totally sorry about Necro-ing this old topic, but it didn't work for me(I adopted my friend's old one to make spiffy and give to another friend for her bday)

Anyway, my friend already had it rooted and whatnot, and it worked before I started fiddling around in CWM. He DOES have a file already on there called Xiona-VM.zip(your link is broken)

I was getting an error(attached) after that and installing a new rom.

I did get ONE rom to work, CM7 Nightly Thunder but when I went to boot it, it just stayed in the LG screen. :?

Yeah I believe that is one for the S you tried. If you want a good ROM to give someone that won't give them any problems...check out Harmonia. I believe it is 2.08 now. Google it or look around in the forums for it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums