Ok My Fellow Andorids Users.
    I Once Again Am Stuck Trying To Root Things And Flash Things. I Installed
    Gingerbreak And Updated ClockWorkMod
    Now When I Try Booting IN To Recovery Via The Menu In Gingerbeak Or The Bootkeys.
    From Here How Do I Flash Things Ultimately I Want To Flash a ROM And A Kernal But Which Is Better?
    11-17-2011 01:16 PM
    Follow these directions:

[HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM

Use the vol keys to navigate, camera key to select an option in recovery mode.
    11-17-2011 02:03 PM
    Follow these directions:

[HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM

Use the vol keys to navigate, camera key to select an option in recovery mode.
    Sorry, I Failed To Mention All I Get Is The Black Screen When Trying To Boot To Recovery I Have To Take My Battery Out In Order To Get Back To Regular Boot,
    11-18-2011 11:16 AM
    Could be that you don't actually have the recovery installed. Because as whyzor said using those key combos will get you into recovery mode. First the lg screen pops up then goes black for a bit then the recovery will pop up. Recovery mode is where you flash all that fun stuff so I'm guessing if it doesn't come up when you boot then I would guess its not installed.
    11-18-2011 12:12 PM
    Did you use ROM Manager to flash the recovery or did you do it manually?
    11-18-2011 12:13 PM
    I used rom manager I believe. If you download the free version of rom manager you will be able to flash the recovery using the app (its the first option in the menu).
    11-18-2011 12:23 PM
    if u gona be using gingerbreak.
    make sure u use the latest one, cause the oldnone wont work.

after u root. download the clock workmod from market.
    install recovery ! find your carrier...

tell me how it goes my friend
    11-18-2011 12:24 PM
    If this is a new phone and you used ROM Manager, that's your problem. You will have to flash another recovery / ROM manually using the instructions in the thread about fixing the black screen issue. It's right at the top of the forum.
    11-18-2011 12:42 PM
    The fix for newer OV black screen is here:

[FIX]Black screen with custom recovery and custom roms
    11-18-2011 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD