My recomended apps for the OV Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

notufatjesus

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Please "thank" if this helped you.

AFTER TRIAL AND ERROR, TESTING, AND DECIDING IF THE APP IS WORTH THE SPACE, IVE CAME THUS FAR WITH THESE APPS ON MY OPTIMUS V. ALOT OF THESE ARE ESSENTIAL TO ME BECAUSE WE NEED SOME OF THESE TO MAKE THE OV ALOT BETTER IN PERFORMANCE, ACCESSABILITY, AND CONVINIENCE. FEEL FREE TO DROP IN YOUR APPS WITH LITTLE INFO ON IT, AND HOW IT IMPROVES YOUR PHONE. Just sparked up a joint so here is my Christmas gift to my fellow OV Community.

USING:
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-v3.3 bobzhome@ubuntu #1
Build Id:eng.jerryscript.20111216.005940

Apps:

Android Assistant- It monitors: Cpu info, memory info, ect and comes with tools like; system clean, cache cleaner, file manager...I use to view my phones start up time.:)
App 2 SD- Allows you to create more space on your phone by placing some apps on to the sd card. DONT put widgets on to your sd card ...they will not work properly.
Battery Calibration- Essential to regain accurate battery stats after flashing any rom.
Busybox Installer: Needed if you want to run a script such as: V6 supercharger.....used with the app; SCRIPT MANAGER
GOSms- Allows me to have a "Blacklist" and Private Messages
GrooVe IP- Once you download "Google Voice" and set up your number, run this app and sign in with your gmail account. BAM .....free calls using 3G. A plus for those of us who use the 35$ plan.
Juice Defender- ******Must have to extend your battery life. IF you are running any GINGERBREAD ROM, more than likely you will need this if you want to make your phone last longer. Shuts off your gas guzzling 3g connection when your phone is idling on a black screen.
Root Explorer-This is the best file manager to me....its simple to use and easier to comprehend....less confusing and simple. IMPORTANT to me beacause i can move my downloaded roms or files to the root of my SD card to be able to flash them in recovery. Allows me to locate files and edit, delete, or simply move.
Restart Connections-Easy way to restart your 3G connection if it ever freezes on you, or if its going slow. Create the shortcut and its a one touch...easy and small in size.
Root Uninstaller-I use this to remove some bloat or stuff I don't need when I put a new rom on my phone.
Script Manager Ads-Lets you run scripts....
SD Speed Increase-Speeds up loading your pictures and info on the SD card....MUST HAVE
Set CPU-Allows you to take control of the CPU levels on your phone.
Smart App Protector- Allows me to protect my apps and has the status bar notification to let you know that your apps are being protected.
Google Voice-if you want free phone calls using 3G, you will need to download this and set it up. Used with GrooVe IP.
Watchdog Lite-Monitors whats being ran, and lets you know which application has gone above a threshhold so that you can can kill the app, instead of using a task killer, which closes alot of system apps and restarts them, draining your battery. Great app to have and lets you put a 1x1 widget on your screen for easy access.

Thats pretty much it. Let us know what apps are great for you. . . Merry Christmas!! (How bout them HOUSTON TEXANS!:))
Note that the majority of these apps are small in size and are worth the download.
ENJOY

Last edited:
Reactions: dwappo

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
My picks:
BOX:
Sense you have a LG how about 50GB's of free cloud storage?
That's what you'll get (not sure if it's a limited time thing or not)

AIRDROID:
send receive files via pc from wifi or while tethering via your cell to your pc.
Streams music & shows pix.
You can even send txt messages from your pc when your running this app.

FOLDERSYNC:
As it says. Syncs files/folders from/to the Cloud (Dropbox/Box/ftp from your home server/etc..) from your cell.

QQPLAYER:
Best video player I have found for the V.. Many formats are compatible.

QUICKPIC:
Think of it as the "Gallery" app only QP can also play .Gif formats as well as some video formats & all the other well known pix format extensions.

SYSTEM TUNER PRO:
this app does just about anything.
Highly recommend for RooTed user's

WIFI STATIC:
Force static IP addresses to be used on your cell

ZDBOX:
Another all around good app worth tryen at least once.

As recommend above I also agree with:
JUICEDEFENDER (ULTIMATE)
Note: run with the "BETA" version as that's were ultimate really shines.
GROOVEIP

There are many more apps to recommend however topics like this are scattered throughout this forum.
Just gave my tops is all.

Tapatalk via LG Optimus V

Reactions: notufatjesus

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
good stuff mate however I would edit your post and not talk about the blackmarket thing.

Illegal Activities - Do not post, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROM's, or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. AC has a zero tolerance policy on such posts.

That is taken from the official forum rules.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps the single most important and useful app available for those who flash custom ROMs:
TitaniumBackup or MyBackup.
These are just about the only apps I wholeheartedly recommend buying the paid version, though you can still get tons of use out of the free versions as well. Having a backup is the difference between fixing something you messed up on your phone, and throwing it through the window in frustration. ;)

There is also a non-root version of MyBackup, though I have never test on a non-rooted phone, so I don't know just how much functionality it has.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My picks:
BOX:
Sense you have a LG how about 50GB's of free cloud storage?
That's what you'll get (not sure if it's a limited time thing or not)

QUICKPIC:
Think of it as the "Gallery" app only QP can also play .Gif formats as well as some video formats & all the other well known pix format extensions.

QUICKPIC x10! Uninstall the default Gallery. It's slow and tedious. I disagree with BOX however. The 50GB is nice, but file limitations (100MB if I remember right) suck. Also the BOX app is not as good as SugarSync's. I like SugarSync's a bit better as it supports streaming, instead of downloading the whole file. I have tested this with stream-able MP4's.

Reactions: notufatjesus

notufatjesus

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
QUICKPIC x10! Uninstall the default Gallery. It's slow and tedious. I disagree with BOX however. The 50GB is nice, but file limitations (100MB if I remember right) suck. Also the BOX app is not as good as SugarSync's. I like SugarSync's a bit better as it supports streaming, instead of downloading the whole file. I have tested this with stream-able MP4's.

Thanks on the quick pic.....

Formally known as linzoill...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

notufatjesus

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps the single most important and useful app available for those who flash custom ROMs:
TitaniumBackup or MyBackup.
These are just about the only apps I wholeheartedly recommend buying the paid version, though you can still get tons of use out of the free versions as well. Having a backup is the difference between fixing something you messed up on your phone, and throwing it through the window in frustration. ;)

There is also a non-root version of MyBackup, though I have never test on a non-rooted phone, so I don't know just how much functionality it has.

Titanium Backup and My back up pro causes me problems when I install my apps from it. It starts making my launcher crash and rom doesn't work properly. Maybe im not doing something right.

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com

I'll agree on all fronts.
However I only listed "Box" due to the 50GB free storage. (no matter the upload limit-witch is only 100MB's)
"Sugar" is fantastic however I have my own server at home so that's the reason I never mentioned "sugar"..

TITANIUM is a must & I'll agree.
I had forgotten to mention that on my posting.

Tapatalk via LG Optimus V

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Titanium Backup and My back up pro causes me problems when I install my apps from it. It starts making my launcher crash and rom doesn't work properly. Maybe im not doing something right.

You aren't supposed to backup/restore the launcher via backup apps, it is a system file, even if you aren't using the default launcher for your ROM. Most launchers have their own backup method in their settings, use it to restore your launcher when necessary. ;)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

You aren't supposed to backup/restore the launcher via backup apps, it is a system file, even if you aren't using the default launcher for your ROM. Most launchers have their own backup method in their settings, use it to restore your launcher when necessary. ;)

Certain apps do not like having the apk and data restored at the same time. Restore the apks then restore the apps. This works for most things when using Mybackup Pro. I have never had trouble with Launcher Pro doing it this way. It backs up and restores no problem. Waze and Trapster have issues doing both data and apk at the same time.

It's not always the backup causing it either, if you update either, it sometimes damages the stored data

notufatjesus

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Jerry ....after months of trying to figure it out...I think my launcher was the problem. Thanks so much. Gonna test it once more with out backing that up.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I know Im kinda late but I don't think anyone has to edit anything. From obvious view of the forum and its sub forums and threads. This rule is broken by their own admins and mods. Have you noticed the Fact that this sub forum is named

"Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks"

Not only that but everything in this sub forum is probably breaking that rule.

*********** ***** I will add is a great app. But is it really illegal??? Is mp3 downloads not illegal. Practically everything on the internet breaks a law. Just talking about something is part of our freedom of speach.

But back on topic.
Ive addressed this many times and each time somebody comes along and posts something like this. I dont care if you think the sun rises and sets via this pirated website its not right to promote it here and it is against the rules as outlined. The hacks and such posted about here are within boundaries. If something here crosses the line its addressed and either taken down voluntarily or taken down by a mod.

If you can show me one instance of a mod breaking the rules or publicly admitting to allowing these rules to be broken I will retract my statement. However its not going to happen. The staff at AC is pretty good about policing their own as is the community. If you cant accept those pirate sites are not acceptable here this probably isnt the place for you.

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Barnacle wifi tether (seems to have faster speeds than the built in hotspot settings)
Titanium / MyBackup
The Boid Family (Gameboid, SNESoid, Gensoid)
Dolphin browser HD
Plus a few others

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87