Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 57585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1570
Like Tree179Likes

ROM
    Harmonia 2.08 & Mobster

Default Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    Actually, I have an Optimus Elite and a One V (the Elite is bricked, but oh well).
    I expect to have a few roms ready for both soon.
    I've been "hanging out" at XDA because... well let's face it the One V threads are pretty stale here... and I'm getting pretty sick and tired of their attitudes over there. The developers have a kind of "mightier than thou" attitude that really sucks. You don't dare ask a question without expecting an answer that belittles you.

Good thing I haven't donated to any of them. I'll just save up for Leslie! As a matter of fact I'm going to do that right now. I used the heck out of H2 when I was using my OV and for that alone she deserves a little something.

Was looking for a good GB for my OV. Great work! Thanks a huge bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFlamme View Post
    Crap, package file errors are the worst. Here's a thread I had saved on the issue. Irksome issue, that.
    I spent alot time looking thru many threads and google searches and as noted in the posted thread - beyod the issues with corrupted downloads and other general memory errors - one of the limitations that the Gingerbread ROMs (at least CM7 ROM versions) have addressed is the limitations to the default size of the various protected data partisions.

Quoted from the above link:

There is a script baked into CM7 that moves DALVIK CACHE to the Cache partition (where previously it was located in the Data partition). From what I understand this was done in order to open up more space in the Data partition.

The problem with this is that once you have a certain amount of apps installed the Cache partition gets filled up. Once there is no more room for Cache files then you get the "Insufficient Space" error. Once there is no more room for Dalvik-Cache to expand then you get the "Invalid Package" error.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So while you can have a phone that has no corrupt files - no download errors and i have well over 100k free RAM to download applications - the CACHE or DALVIK CACHE partision space can be in fact full due to the number of applications you have installed. The error message is not properly alerting you to the source of the "package file is invalid" error.

Myself i just eliminated some apps I dont absolutely need but I am running 112 MB free of 178 MB total available RAM after loading Harmonia 2.09.

If you want to use more of your RAM for apps probably the best solution is to create a SD-EXT partision on your SD card and move the Dalvik Cache to an SD-Ext partition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the things i noticed today when i was trying to make a phone call to check with Charter on the status of a Internet outage was that while i was going thru the Charter automated phone attendant that i received an incoming phone call. Which this ROM allows me to receive fine but when the original phone call ended - the received incoming call was also disconnected. The standard phone application was not able to keep the foreground incoming phone call connected when the background originally dialed phone call was disconnected at the source. Perhaps this is a standard Google phone feature but i have used other non-Android phones without having the incoming phone call dropped (Motorola Razor V3xxx). I did see a manage other calls icon but the couple of times it occurred (much to annoyance of my boss) I dont remember seeing any menu coming up to cancel the other phone call or keep the incoming phone call active when i clicked on it. But since it was only alittle over minute from receiving the incoming phone call till the orginal one disconnected not sure the phone had time to respond to clicking the icon.

Is this a bug with the CM7 ROM or this version that still needs to be addressed. Persumably you would always want to keep both phone calls. There may be option in the settings to solve this or this may be something that is unique to how Virigin Mobile runs there network. But i thought it worth while to post something in case it was an obsur bug that still needs to be addressed.
    Last edited by mainebearsden; 09-07-2012 at 08:45 PM.

I need help installing? Anyone willing to give me a step by step walkthrough? Im already rooted; running a Optimus V

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminFlocka View Post
    I need help installing? Anyone willing to give me a step by step walkthrough? Im already rooted; running a Optimus V
    Do you have a custom recovery installed yet? Like ClockworkMod

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Harmonia 2.07

Quote Originally Posted by StumDroid View Post
    Do you have a custom recovery installed yet? Like ClockworkMod

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Ah, the cherry high of installing Harmonia for the first time. I envy you. Your life as a OV user is about to change forever.
    I found that the information on the sticky at the start of this thread was super helpful. Pretty much all you need, provided you know how to wipe what needs to be wiped and whatnot.

So I'm having a little problem here.
    I just tried to install Harmonia on my Virgin Mobile USA LG Optimus V and it gave me:

Code:
    Welcome to Harmonia!
    assert failed: getprop("ro.production.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "thunderc"
    E:Error in /sdcard/Harmonia_2.09_OV.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    What do I do D:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1483  
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Re-download and try again

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.

ROM
    Harmonia 2

Just wanted to chime in with an October bump and some (dirty) fixes I've come to use to make my Harmonia experience perfect:

I had the major stupid issue of Skype not accessing the speakerphone. After some searching and leads, I discovered that this custom build of Skype based on v2.0.0.47 used the speaker phone just fine, and had no issues switching between the speaker phone and standard ear piece. Other builds use a custom bluetooth stack, so if you're dying for skype with BT, try any of the builds to see if it fixes your problem Direct Link for .apk Here ////// Source Link Here.

I then was playing around with different A2SD scripts trying to come up with some way for the package file error to go away.
    S2E, which I thought was the best for moving all the data files and download cache, could not move the Dalvik on our phones.
    I tried a few others, and had no luck.
    Then I read about the now defunct Darktremor script +APK. I did a fresh flash, using this script, and holy heck, the Dalvik was moved. After going on a major app install spree (45 apps or so) I still was not getting any package file errors. So this script solves the dalvik cache problem, but still leaves a bit to desired as S2E moved all the app data to Ext, which was super nice.
    What I have not done, is run the Darktremor with S2E to see if I can get all the app data + Dalvik cache on the SD card for excellent space savings.

Anyways, DarkTremor flash-able script, I used Beta4 ////// And the DarkTremor A2SD GUI app

Well, happy October and harvest to everyone. Long live the Optimus V, long live our cheap phone service, long live LeslieAnn for, in my humble opinion, making 4 of the greatest Roms known to man, The Harmonia series, and the Rhodes Utility.
    That's what I've got, happy modding.

EDIT:

I just came across these scripts that BobZ baked into his CM9 and 10, and I'll be testing to see if they do what I'm looking for, which is all Cache+ Apps on SD-EXT with no issues.
    A2SD++ and Others
    Last edited by Locool676; 10-01-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    LaFlamme likes this.

ROM
    Cold As Ice

I just used this for my first time flashing my Optimus V and OMG loving it already. Followed instructions to the letter after researching first, and flashed perfect first time. Loving this ROM it is quick and the keyboard is more responsive for me than the stock keyboard on the 2.2.2 software that came with the phone. Just wanted to say right now i am thoroughly happy with it.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bail Money View Post
    So I'm having a little problem here.
    I just tried to install Harmonia on my Virgin Mobile USA LG Optimus V and it gave me:

Code:
    Welcome to Harmonia!
    assert failed: getprop("ro.production.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "thunderc"
    E:Error in /sdcard/Harmonia_2.09_OV.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    What do I do D:
    I fixed it by installing the right recovery image. I used the instructions and recovery image from this thread. Hope this helps you out.
    [HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM

Default Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

Has anyone tried Pimp My Rom on H2? How did it work? Would you recommend it?

ROM
    Cold As Ice

I could be totally wrong and probly am but from what i understand it essentially does all the tweaks that are already included in H2. Like the changing of governors and such. So I having not tried it can't recommend either way, but if it is already in H2 why take up space?
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1489  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by serialrage View Post
    I could be totally wrong and probly am but from what i understand it essentially does all the tweaks that are already included in H2. Like the changing of governors and such. So I having not tried it can't recommend either way, but if it is already in H2 why take up space?
    Correct.
    Tools like that are fine on stock roms, but once a dev has played with it, you never know what will happen.

Thanked by:

ROM
    Cold As Ice

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    Correct.
    Tools like that are fine on stock roms, but once a dev has played with it, you never know what will happen.
    heh good makes me feel good that my researching first is good for something

ROM
    Harmonia 2.07

Okay, here's a new one. I've been with Harmonia for 7 or 8 months now. Love it. When it comes to internal storage, I typically hover between 80-100 free megs, depending on whether I'm experimenting with a lot of new apps and such. In recent days, I was right at about 83 MB. Nice and comfortable. So today, I was installing an app when I got the "low storage" error. Figured it was just some cache thing, which rears its head from time to time. But when I went to check my internal storage, it was down to about 22 mb -- down about 60mb from the last time I checked it. I haven't installed anything recently, and surely nothing big enough to gobble that much. I suspected Google Play Music stashing offline files somewhere, but I haven't been able to pin down where they would be. I used SD Maid to search for big cache files and sure enough, Google Play Music had 76 MB in there somewhere. I cleaned it, absolutely sure that would take care of the problem. But nope. Internal storage is still down in the 20 MB range. Anybody have any idea what could cause such a drastic and sudden loss of internal storage space? I'm tempted to just restore from a Nandroid backup, but I'd like to get to the bottom of this first.

UPDATE: Never got to the bottom of this one. I restored from a backup and the space shortage was still there. Went nuclear and did a clean install. Cleared cache and dalvik, formatted boot, cache and data before reflashing Harmonia. That did it. 90 MB of free space again. Bugs me that I couldn't figure out what happened, though. I still kind of suspect Google Play Music and haven't reinstalled it.
    Last edited by LaFlamme; 11-04-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1492  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

That is a Google Play issue and it has to do with how we use Dalvik cache.
    There is an app called Market fix or something that helps with it, but it also never hurts to wipe and do a fresh install once in a while.

ROM
    Harmonia 2.07

I love MarketFix. It really helps with the package file errors. In this case, wasn't much it could do, though. The fresh install did it, so I guess I'll stop fretting over it. It occurs to me that I recently installed the Photobucket app which might have been caching in some weird way. I still have that app, so if my internal storage gets sucked away again, I'll look at that. Weirdly, I have more internal than ever right now -- just over 100 MB.

ROM
    Harmonia 2.07

Not a good weekend, Android-wise. Got my phone restored and set up the way I like it. All systems go. Until I tried to install an app. Opening the play store, I get the dreaded "application android play store has stopped unexpectedly." I've seen this error before but damn if I can remember how to fix it. Cleaned cache and data. Uninstalled updates. I even uninstalled the play store and installed an older version. Same error. Mystifying. If anybody has found a solution for this, I'd love to hear it.

YET ANOTHER UPDATE: Fixed. No idea what fixed it. Seems like I tried one of everything and eventually, it worked. I half suspect that a corrupt download from the market causes that problem. I was trying to upgrade to the paid version of Draw Something (it's the only game I have. My shame is great) when the "stopped unexpectedly business" started. I finally uninstalled the free version of Draw Something and rebooted. Market worked long enough for me to hit the refund button on the paid version and there have been no problems since. I have no idea if that theory is very likely or not, but that's how it feels.
    Last edited by LaFlamme; 11-05-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Loving this ROM. One question though. I've noticed that there's two sets of status bar icons. One set is gray and more modern-ish and these show up when I first turn the screen on on the phone and the other set is the standard CM7 style that replaces the gray set after a few seconds. I really actually like the first set, is there any way to keep those around?

Gray Icons:

Standard Icons:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You could seek out a flashable CM7 theme with icons that you like. The difference between the gray and blue is actually on purpose. Grey means you are connected to the network, and blue means you actually have access to the internet and Google services.
    --Chris [cole2kb]

Quote Originally Posted by diffra View Post
    Loving this ROM. One question though. I've noticed that there's two sets of status bar icons. One set is gray and more modern-ish and these show up when I first turn the screen on on the phone and the other set is the standard CM7 style that replaces the gray set after a few seconds. I really actually like the first set, is there any way to keep those around?

Gray Icons:
    http://i.imgur.com/iQbo9.png

Standard Icons:
    http://i.imgur.com/WU3cG.png
    I have these, but it took me a while to remember where i changed it. Thought it was some buried CyanogenMod setting, but it's actually pretty easy. Run the Theme Chooser app, switch to the System theme and hit the Apply button. The accent color will be green, instead of blue with the Cyanbread theme, but you get the cleaner icons you're looking for.

ROM
    Cold As Ice

Leslie I hope you don't mind that i have been tearing apart not only Aeneas but have also been tearing apart Harmonia 2 to make my own hybrid so to speak, and well learn about Roms. The only development with it so far is that with Harmonia 2 I was able to add the option of booting into Xperia home or regular launcher. Just wanted to say thank you because I enjoy Harmonia a lot and I am just seeing what i can do with it.
    Last edited by serialrage; 11-08-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.

I'm a happy user of Harmonia 1.9. with Xionia custom recovery. I just donated to LeslieAnn, too.
    What's the procedure to upgrade to Harmonia 2.x ?
    Can I just install 2 straight, or are their other components to install between?

(excuse me if it's been exposited on this thread in the past. I've read the first 5 pages but total 60 pages are too much to read through.)
    Last edited by harmopv; 11-17-2012 at 02:08 AM.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by harmopv View Post
    I'm a happy user of Harmonia 1.9. with Xionia custom recovery. I just donated to LeslieAnn, too.
    What's the procedure to upgrade to Harmonia 2.x ?
    Can I just install 2 straight, or are their other components to install between?

(excuse me if it's been exposited on this thread in the past. I've read the first 5 pages but total 60 pages are too much to read through all.)
    Boot to recovery.
    Make a nandroid backup.
    Wipe/format cache and dalvik, (plus data, system, boot, sd-ext if you want to be complete, or better yet run LeslieAnn's prep for new rom.zip).
    Install rom.
    Install Gapps.
    Reboot and enjoy!
    harmopv likes this.