[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

So I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but I just want to confirm before I go ahead and maybe mess things up.

Are my nandroid backups universal between recoveries? Right now I am using Zionist but I would like to switch to BobzHome before I direct some friends on rooting/ROM. I would like to be on the same page in case something goes wrong.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

So I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but I just want to confirm before I go ahead and maybe mess things up.

Are my nandroid backups universal between recoveries? Right now I am using Zionist but I would like to switch to BobzHome before I direct some friends on rooting/ROM. I would like to be on the same page in case something goes wrong.

Yes and no.
Some work, some do not.

Do a nandroid before you change recoveries, and another right after. That will keep you safe.

Reactions: I3ig Al

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the quick reply :D I suppose if it all goes bad a fresh start isn't such a big deal at this point. Also opportunity to give backside a try, although I'm extremely pleased with your work.

Come tax return I need to donate to you for a bottle of wine or whatever :p

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I don't know if this has been covered but my contacts wont sync? Came from backside Rom did full wipe
Home button not working on Optimus V

Both definitely work, it's something on your particular phones, bad installs, corrupted downloads, etc..
Anything like that would be found before it was ever uploaded and at the very least immediately after.

anon406695

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Both definitely work, it's something on your particular phones, bad installs, corrupted downloads, etc..
Anything like that would be found before it was ever uploaded and at the very least immediately after.

Ill reinstall... thank you :) excellent rom!

sent via Optimus Prime V

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

This is just a nice, clean, responsive ROM. All the essential options are there to be tweaked, but it's simple and fast. I installed 2.03 this morning, and I haven't gotten a single FC. There's been a surprising lack of lag on pretty much everything I've tried.

Besides the powered off charging, the second most impressive thing about this release is that the swipe to remove items from the notifications screen works much better in this release. In 2.0, it seemed like you had to get the timing just right for the swipe to work. In this release it works exactly as you'd expect it to.

I removed the Email system app in favor of Gmail, and removed the Music system app in favor of Google Music. I haven't noticed any problems as a result of this (or problems at all, really). Have you ever removed these apps before, and if so, were there any repercussions?

Thanks again for a great ROM!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Those are safe to remove.
Glad you like it.

There is more that could be removed but you will start compromising basic functions and that isn't even counting the Gapps stuff.

Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

I had problems with home button for about a minute. Need to go to homescreen first to fix. :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

I removed the Email system app in favor of Gmail, and removed the Music system app in favor of Google Music. I haven't noticed any problems as a result of this (or problems at all, really). Have you ever removed these apps before, and if so, were there any repercussions?

Thanks again for a great ROM!
How exactly do you remove system apps, I would also like to remove Email, Music, and possibly messaging? Not sure if that last would break things.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

How exactly do you remove system apps, I would also like to remove Email, Music, and possibly messaging? Not sure if that last would break things.

Download titanium backup and you can uninstall system apps in it. Works like a charm. Be careful what you delete tho. I wouldn't recommend deleting messaging, things are bound to go wrong... like not getting texts anymore

bmxrider234

Banned
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Got to say this new build is the . I've had my phone off the charger just a few mins over 7 hours and I'm at 30%. I've been on the internet a lot and watched over 2 hours of YouTube videos on m.YouTube cause the YouTube app has crashed. I really like it good work.

bmxrider234

Banned
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Only thing I left on is the data sync tho. Don't need ur email and contacts to sync. I also turned off auto sync and the backlight. One hell of a improvement in battery life.

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Download titanium backup and you can uninstall system apps in it. Works like a charm. Be careful what you delete tho. I wouldn't recommend deleting messaging, things are bound to go wrong... like not getting texts anymore

thanks for the quick answer, I have tried TIB in the past but didn't know it could remove system apps (maybe only the paid version can?) but I will certainly give it a go. I wanted to remove messaging because I use Handcent SMS and every time the phone reboots the built in messaging app freaks out about all the missed messages.

bmxrider234

Banned
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

U can also try the free app called system toolbox. Great for rooted phones. Its what I use to uninstall system apps.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

thanks for the quick answer, I have tried TIB in the past but didn't know it could remove system apps (maybe only the paid version can?) but I will certainly give it a go. I wanted to remove messaging because I use Handcent SMS and every time the phone reboots the built in messaging app freaks out about all the missed messages.

Well the free version definitely can uninstall system apps. When you click on the app in backup/restore it gives you the option to uninstall it as well;) as for messaging you can turn off notifications in the main messaging app.

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Well the free version definitely can uninstall system apps. When you click on the app in backup/restore it gives you the option to uninstall it as well;) as for messaging you can turn off notifications in the main messaging app.

heyooo, totally didnt think of that one. uninstalled the apps, and rebooted to test, everything is great!

stinkbob

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Thank you LeslieAnn for everything. I am running the newest version 2.02 and I love it. My battery life is much better and the phone is more responsive. I will not switch out to another VM andriod for along time, unless they release a significant upgrade in terms of speed/power/battery life.

It took me about 1 month (ya really, im a bit slow) to get everything installed correctly. I'm wondering about themes now, I understand they slow down performance but I'm willing to give some up. My problem is that I need a "Theme's for dummys" guide. I have about 8 tabs saved about various themes, Kitchen UI, Launchers, but I don't know what is compatible with the phone/rom, how to install them, or how to personalize them (ie: adding fonts, different widgets from other themes). I can look over at xda devoplers too, but much of what they talk about is foreign to me.