[ROMs]StockOV v2.2.1 - OverDrive v2.2.2

joey92

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I would love to help out any I can I'm sort of a noob and would to learn a thing or two

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, I just think the Optimus V could use some extra freshly baked ROMs :D
Besides I'm going to own this phone for a very long time, It's simple I love it, it's my first Android.

yeah, this is really exciting. just the overall development of this phone is booming!

by the way, i haven't had a chance to test this yet. can you confirm if this works with the new touch recovery?

THanks!

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had great luck with the stripped v 2.1 version so far.

Far fewer FC's for me vs. GB roms, the longer battery life I expect (no more battery saver apps eating CPU cycles for me, just turn off 3g and wifi manually when absolutely not needed), and great game and video performance with the bumblebee kernel. Now I see that you have stock v 1.1 up. I might give that a try this weekend (or during spring break from college starting the end of next week :) ).

Reactions: Redbaron2005

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had great luck with the stripped v 2.1 version so far.

Far fewer FC's for me vs. GB roms, the longer battery life I expect (no more battery saver apps eating CPU cycles for me, just turn off 3g and wifi manually when absolutely not needed), and great game and video performance with the bumblebee kernel. Now I see that you have stock v 1.1 up. I might give that a try this weekend (or during spring break from college starting the end of next week :) ).

Thank you, I have been working hard on both of my ROMs for all of you! I love making, creating, and developing new things for all of you.
I highly recommend StockOV v 1.1 if you are into the 2.2.1 ROMs or even if you don't care that it is 2.2.1, This is the latest ROM that has been recently released. If you check back here within the next few days there will be an update for OverDrive, and possibly another ROM release. You may want to check out these ROMs when they are out! Just thought I should let you in on some information.

TS6815

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Evenin', Redbaron2005.

I just got through applying the latter of your two ROMs to my new OV, and I've been experiencing some issues with crashes, mainly when scrolling through main screens and using Swype. Any advice?

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Evenin', Redbaron2005.

I just got through applying the latter of your two ROMs to my new OV, and I've been experiencing some issues with crashes, mainly when scrolling through main screens and using Swype. Any advice?

Interesting, I will have to investigate this, it has to do with the touch screen drivers.
I been having problems with new OV phones, Been working on a fix, thought Picasticks fixed this.... Give Amphetamines-01 a try, it has a fix for quite a few ROMs, also has some touch screen functions... I must investigate this more....

Reactions: TS6815

TS6815

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, I will have to investigate this, it has to do with the touch screen drivers.
I been having problems with new OV phones, Been working on a fix, thought Picasticks fixed this.... Give Amphetamines-01 a try, it has a fix for quite a few ROMs, also has some touch screen functions... I must investigate this more....

Will do - and thanks a million for the speedy reply

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Will do - and thanks a million for the speedy reply

It might not fix what you are experiencing, but It's worth a try and wont break anything...

I am always on top of my thread, I am help and support for these ROMs, Been busy but anytime anyone needs help with these ROMs I am more then willing to respond ASAP. After all what kind of person would I be if I didn't... lol :p

Reactions: Badboytoast

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The bumblebee kernel doesn't work on new ovs. You need to download the one from the link EarthnFire posted in Curiousnoobs thread "does anyone have a copy of the bumblebee rom"

The normal kernel will give you a black screen

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk