Can't Download/Install Apps on BobzHomeROM

ROMorama

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded to the latest version of BobzhomeROM for the Optimus V (3-3-12). As I was restoring my apps using Titanium Backup, Amazon Kindle failed to re-install. I tried to download it fresh from Market (umm, I mean Google Play!) and it said I have insufficient space on the device. I have 68MB of internal storage free...plenty enough for an 8mb download. I can't install anything else from Play either: same warning. What's going on? And, is there a fix for it? I love the ROM, but w/o Kindle I may as well curl up and die...

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It's probably a /data issue. TB isn't infallible, it could have corrupted something during the restore. Then again, it could always be a bad flash. Or something else entirely, but I would try reflashing. Also, did you check the MD5 of the ROM on the phone before flashing?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
sounds like a bad flash... try wiping 3x and format 1x... then reflash rom and gapps... reboot... :)

fyi... i use astro to backup/reinstall my apps... never had a problem... :)

Last edited:

ROMorama

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
@flapjack.fiasco I did verify the MD5 before flashing. Might be TB's fault...I'm not very impressed with Titanium, though it IS popular.
@clodfelterac - I'll try that as soon as I get home, and get back here with the results.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Could be a market issue, they do happen.

I've learned to not rush into anything when it's related to market downloads, too often it was on their end.

ROMorama

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, I used a different app manager to backup, and did a complete wipe/re-install. I have the same issue going now, AND my Home button won't respond after this flash. I think I might either revert to a previous version of the ROM or shop for a new one (probably the latter.)
Unless it's a hardware issue! I don't even want to THINK about that possibility. Anyway, thanks to those who chipped in here!

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
what recovery are you using?... you could always try copying sd to pc, then 3x wipe 1x format in recovery including sd, place backup on pc to sd, put sd back in phone (thats still in recovery), mount sd if needed, reflash rom and gapps, reboot... :)

ROMorama

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
what recovery are you using?... you could always try copying sd to pc, then 3x wipe 1x format in recovery including sd, place backup on pc to sd, put sd back in phone (thats still in recovery), mount sd if needed, reflash rom and gapps, reboot... :)
Whoa, sounds complicated. I did fix the problems by restoring to a backup I made about a month ago. It sucks not to be on the bleeding edge, but I needed a working phone more than the pride of running the latest update ;-)
I'm running Xionia for recovery, btw.
Still, I may try the whole sd-transfer-reformat-recover thing you suggested next time I have a day off. I'm just a bit worried about files corrupting during transfer...anyway, thanks for the advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty