What to do to get the most out of my Opti-V?

DraeHD

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
So I'm quite curious as to what I should do to get the most out of my Optimus V.

Obviously I have already installed and toyed around with Custom ROM's.

But I am ever so curious as to what I should do to get the most out of my Optimus V, as in apps perhaps or cool tricks, or perhaps some ideas?

I'm considering continuing Java development and working on a ROM myself, but that doesn't relate to what my thread is actually about lol.

So tell me, what can I do?:)

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I liek theming my ur... Phone. C:

Maybe you'll love it. I'm on my phone like, 15/7. Even when my bill isn't paid. :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I think there needs to be an official app thread. Where one moderator can list the best apps for each individual category. Example: file manager. There are about at least 10 file managers. Which one works the best. And what about configurations for CPU? There has to be some scaleable way to bench these apps. It would be great if people could offer feedback on the top apps to increase phone performance and useability.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
i like trying out accessories my V.

little things like my mem. card 16gb, life saver.

ps3 controller mapped out and set for my V, endless fun.

2800mah great battery life ( and better performance at the cost of battery since i profile the CPU) and i still manage 35hrs a charge.

those small inexpensive wireless bluetooth KB are pretty nice too .

playing with themes is also something i do a lot .

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So I'm quite curious as to what I should do to get the most out of my Optimus V.

Obviously I have already installed and toyed around with Custom ROM's.

But I am ever so curious as to what I should do to get the most out of my Optimus V, as in apps perhaps or cool tricks, or perhaps some ideas?

I'm considering continuing Java development and working on a ROM myself, but that doesn't relate to what my thread is actually about lol.

So tell me, what can I do?:)

I like to take pictures of my self all prettied up in front of the bathroom mirror, and post them on facebook. My wife thinks its weird, but I think its just jealousy. Also uot kitchen is fun to tinker with

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

OP-Mod

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I play with a lot of the custom roms that come out here on A.C. I also spend a lot of my time with apps from the app market and BlackMart. I play with a lot of themes and just figure out different ways to set up my home screen with folders and stuff like that. I used to overclock and I still have mine over clocked a little but with most of these newer roms I'm finding it likes to auto reboot a lot so I've really backed down and keep it at MIN 480MHz and Max 768MHz on the SmartassV2. Right now I'm running the ICSV2 Rom By TheUnkownArtist here's the link http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/165737-rom-aosp-icsandwich2-3-7-04-05-12-a.html Just play around with it till u find what works best for you. and stick around these forums because there's a lot of people around here with a lot of know how. You'll soon get to know who to look for when they release roms and info.
Hope this helps and I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes with this post.. Thank you all for the hard work you put into this phone so we can all enjoy them more..
:) :):D:p;):eek::cool:

Reactions: thaunknownartist

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I like to take pictures of my self all prettied up in front of the bathroom mirror, and post them on facebook. My wife thinks its weird, but I think its just jealousy. Also uot kitchen is fun to tinker with

Let me guess, you posed with an outfit made from that lunch meat in your avatar? ;)

@OP
You can use your phone as an extension of your PC via various apps, actually controlling your PC from your phone.

You can use your phone as a wireless webcam.

You can use your phone to make calls over VOIP at zero costs and without eating your minutes.

You can user your phone as a video player, streaming movies from Netflix or your PC, same with audio files

The list goes on and on and on. After a full year using my OV, I discover new things to do with it weekly. ;)

OP-Mod

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
@OP
You can use your phone as an extension of your PC via various apps, actually controlling your PC from your phone.

You can use your phone to make calls over VOIP at zero costs and without eating your minutes.

You can user your phone as a video player, streaming movies from Netflix or your PC, same with audio files

The list goes on and on and on. After a full year using my OV, I discover new things to do with it weekly. ;)

I use it to tether once in a while like when I'm at work because the internet at my job sucks,. believe it or not my 3G is faster on my phone the the internet at work. I also watch netflix and all that. haven't tried the calls over VOIP yet any more info there would be accepted openly. i have tried the itunes remote and youtube remotes, they were cool for a week until i got bored with them, I'm probably like a lot of people on here and always need something new to play with...

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
In relation to Jerry's post, I just discovered this Wi-Fi mouse / keyboard app that basically turns my OV into a touchpad mouse for my PC along with being able to use the on-screen keyboard. So far, that's the most 'awesome' thing I've done with my OV that I can think of.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I use mine as:
My alarm clock (many apps for that, I use Alarm Clock Extreme)
My Email (you can use the default stuff, I use Enhanced Email)
My Calendar
Guitar tuner
Kindle reader
Gasoline fill-up tracker
Tracking my walks with a GPS app
Back up camera
Calculator
WiFi analyzer
Weather watcher
Oh yeah, I use it as my free VOIP phone.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Let me guess, you posed with an outfit made from that lunch meat in your avatar? ;)

@OP

Don't diss the macaroni loaf

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

samlin168us

May 2, 2011
Visit site

@OP

do vm allow voip? i thought is illegal.:confused:

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Pics or it didn't happen... ;)

lcommadot

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I use SD-Booster to speed up my phone's start up time, SixAxis Controller to more easily play ROMs on my phone, Link2SD to create a partition to store the many apps on my phone, Onavo to track my data usage since I text/ stream/surf the web like a beast, Impetus as a timer for interval training, and Urbanspoon to find all sorts of new, yummy places to eat :D And of course, all the other cool things these guys mentioned like VOIP, overclock (carefully) w/ SetCPU and all that good stuff

Reactions: droidmyme

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez