EMERGENCY!

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought a brand new OV and I rooted it. Okay? And I flashed TUA V4ICS! Now here's the problem, I had no problems UNTIL I overclocked! And it rebooted about ten times after I set the clock back to default! And then I got mad and flashed aospmod GB and it worked perfect, so I gave overclocking another shot. And it FREAKING FREEZES :((( can I get some help! Any ideas? I've tryed switching kernels. I'm currently on GB AOSPMOD. my phones radio is zv5. Any little help ill appreciate!

follow me on twitter @braxton355!

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, CuriousNoob had this same problem. His phone would only clock to stock speeds, anything higher was incredibly unstable. I think it might just be the newer phones do that. And you realize IHO is THE GB ROM, right? AospCMod is close to 8 months old now.

Ph1Man

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, you could try Backside it is the most stable ROM for OCing, I get 20 more from it than any other GB ROMs. If you can get an overclock it will probably be on that rom. You will find it in the third post in this thread [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1 - xda-developers

PS make sure you do a full wipe before you install a new ROM (this means yo enter recovery Wipe cache, and under advanced wipe dalvik cache, then under mounts, format boot, system, data, and cache). This will ensure a proper install, which means proper stability.

Edit: This guide should help http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/164197-overclocking-guide-ov.html

Last edited:

poweredge99

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
if youve had no luck it might be the kernel. however i do know of a few Vs that wont overclock at all.

True that.. My first V would only go to 600 no matter what Rom.. My second could run at 825 and no issues at all.. I don't run it that high. My wife's phone is good at 768 or something around there.. I was told the same.. All are different and just work out what works. Think it was recommended 2 steps below the speed causing issues (Leslieann).. My wife's on backside iho.. I have a 4th that's only good to 729? I think.. Or close to that..

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk ²

TNSmokey98

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought a brand new OV and I rooted it. Okay? And I flashed TUA V4ICS! Now here's the problem, I had no problems UNTIL I overclocked! And it rebooted about ten times after I set the clock back to default! And then I got mad and flashed aospmod GB and it worked perfect, so I gave overclocking another shot. And it FREAKING FREEZES :((( can I get some help! Any ideas? I've tryed switching kernels. I'm currently on GB AOSPMOD. my phones radio is zv5. Any little help ill appreciate!

Don't see the emergency here lol but I have one if the first run OV's and I can overclock to over 800 which is great and it doesn't overheat. Luck of the draw I guess.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

TNSmokey98

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven't pushed the limits (don't wanna buy a new battery any time soon) but it's so snappy and smooth at 800.

Last edited:

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine won't run at any speed above 600mhz. My last OV would overclock with no problems.

Sent from my Optimus V running BACKside using Tapatalk2

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, CuriousNoob had this same problem. His phone would only clock to stock speeds, anything higher was incredibly unstable. I think it might just be the newer phones do that. And you realize IHO is THE GB ROM, right? AospCMod is close to 8 months old now.

Oh sorry, that was a misunderstanding. And I'm using aospmod because its the most stable, or in my opinion it is so far at least.

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Irk I hope someone figures it out. I'd love. My phone to be fast and its pretty fast noe but overclocking can also fix some problems with certain roms and apps.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Irk I hope someone figures it out. I'd love. My phone to be fast and its pretty fast noe but overclocking can also fix some problems with certain roms and apps.

I'd love for someone to prove me wrong, but I don't believe it is fixable, or really an issue for that matter. The CPU was meant to run at 600MHz, bonus if you get more out of it, but it was meant for nothing more.

This space intentionally left blank.

Reactions: dwappo

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd love for someone to prove me wrong, but I don't believe it is fixable, or really an issue for that matter. The CPU was meant to run at 600MHz, bonus if you get more out of it, but it was meant for nothing more.

This space intentionally left blank.

This right here, some phones just can't overclock. It was meant for 600mhz and if it can't go any higher, then it just can't. Your "problem" isn't really a problem.