S6 edge soft-bricked

Razorlinx

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Okay so i tried to install Cyanogenmod using a TWRP custom recovery method i found online since s6 edge is not officially supported, long story short, it didn't work. TWRP installed fine and booted back up to touchwiz, but then i restarted to check if TWRP installed successfully, it did. But when i tried to reboot to touchwiz i got stuck in a bootloop. Since i was still able to drop files to my phone from my computer via usb, i tried dropping multiple stock and modded firmwares that were supposed to be compatable, but all of them either didn't flash, or just bootlooped.

Eventually i gave up on TWRP and tried flashing both stock and rooted kernels using ODIN, neither worked, just bootlooped. I have tried downloading stock firmware from sammobile and installing it with odin but all of them just fail. Not sure what to do at the moment but i'd prefer not to have to spend money to get it repaired if i don't have to.

I am still currently just soft bricked, i can still reach download mode but that is all. If anybody has any answers or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

In case any of these are needed:
Phone: s6 edge
Model: SM-G925W8 (Canadian)
Carrier: Wind Mobile

EDIT: i managed to re-flash TWRP, does anyone have any ideas of where i can go from here. I'm a little bit desperate here.

SOLUTION: Solved the solution on my own, but i'm editing just in case i can help anyone with a similar problem. So the way i solved this problem is by using the emergency device initialization feature on smart switch (this will delete all of your data). To prevent the loss of data, i flashed TWRP using Odin and used windows explorer to save specific files from my phone that i wanted to keep while in TWRP recovery mode.

After i used the emergency nationalization by entering my model and serial number (S/N) into smart switch. The serial number for your phone is in the box it came in, or sometimes on the back. In the case that you threw the box out and the serial number is not on the back you can get the serial number from the phone battery (this is what i did) however taking out the battery is a little more difficult due to the *ahem* "ingenious" design of the s6 edge. (Back cover removal tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjDxV70LVwU).

After the device is finished initializing, simply set up the phone (wifi, language and all that shenanigans), and use windows explorer to copy over the files you saved. Hope this helped at least one person.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abventz