Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1668
Like Tree441Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1601  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by kraven View Post
    Thanks for this great rom, kept my V going for quite some time. But its going into retirement today as I will be getting the Samsung Victory, hope it treats me as well as the V did.
    Enjoy your new phone and thanks for the courtesy.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 4:
    java007 and badblue1__ like this.
  2. #1602  
    skeeterfood's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    ROM
    Mirage

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

    This ROM served me well and is now keeping my kids toys going as I've moved on to a Nexus 5.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    yaconsult likes this.
  3. #1603  
    Dannemand's Avatar

    Posts
    445 Posts
    ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

    Wow, this is almost becoming a farewell party, just as the guys are getting it going in the Kit Kat thread for Optimus S.

    I am in the same situation: My wife and I had OVs on the $25 plan for almost three years, most of that time on Mirage. We've had many great devs working on this little phone-that-could, but Mrg666 really made a work of art in this ROM, with his incredible attention to detail and performance. Everything just works. Thanks a lot, man!

    My wife and I just got Nexus 5 phones yesterday. She got the white Panda model; boy, is that thing stunning to behold AND to touch. We activated hers on the $30 T-Mobile plan today and expect to activate mine within a week - though I'm considering Ting instead, since T-mo is weak here, and I work from home.

    I'll keep this thread on my Tapatalk subscription list, but mostly it's goodbye to the OV forum, and thanks for all the fish!
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 
    java007 and badblue1__ like this.
  4. #1604  
    skeeterfood's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    ROM
    Mirage

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannemand View Post
    Wow, this is almost becoming a farewell party, just as the guys are getting it going in the Kit Kat thread for Optimus S.

    I am in the same situation: My wife and I had OVs on the $25 plan for almost three years, most of that time on Mirage. We've had many great devs working on this little phone-that-could, but Mrg666 really made a work of art in this ROM, with his incredible attention to detail and performance. Everything just works. Thanks a lot, man!

    My wife and I just got Nexus 5 phones yesterday. She got the white Panda model; boy, is that thing stunning to behold AND to touch. We activated hers on the $30 T-Mobile plan today and expect to activate mine within a week - though I'm considering Ting instead, since T-mo is weak here, and I work from home.

    I'll keep this thread on my Tapatalk subscription list, but mostly it's goodbye to the OV forum, and thanks for all the fish!
    My wife also got the panda N5. We went with Straight Talk's $45 unlimited (2.5Gb) plan on AT&T's network, since T-Mobile isn't available in Eastern Iowa due to iWireless.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  5. #1605  
    Dannemand's Avatar

    Posts
    445 Posts
    ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterfood View Post
    My wife also got the panda N5. We went with Straight Talk's $45 unlimited (2.5Gb) plan on AT&T's network, since T-Mobile isn't available in Eastern Iowa due to iWireless.
    I know what you mean - and we may end up doing the same, my wife in case the 100 mins don't work, and I in case coverage is too poor. But the 5GB LTE on the T-Mobile plan is very attractive.

    Ting is attractive because we're in one of the (still few) markets with Sprint Spark (using multiple LTE bands simultaneously, which N5 supports) AND because it could be even less than $30 in some months.

    OK, I think we'll have to take this discussion elsewhere ;-)
  6. #1606  
    inceyet's Avatar

    Posts
    389 Posts
    ROM
    MIUIgb

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

    In need of Lg Optimus v usb driver had to do some cleaning on the laptop can someone shoot me a link

    thanx in advance
  7. #1607  
    badblue1__'s Avatar

    Posts
    299 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe Rom, CWMT 5.0.2.7

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)


    Failing to prepare, is like preparing to fail.
    Thanked by:
    jamoosh likes this.
  8. #1608  
    inceyet's Avatar

    Posts
    389 Posts
    ROM
    MIUIgb

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

    Quote Originally Posted by badblue1__ View Post
    thanks
  9. #1609  
    badblue1__'s Avatar

    Posts
    299 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe Rom, CWMT 5.0.2.7

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

    Your welcome.

    Failing to prepare, is like preparing to fail.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1610  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

    Happy Holidays and a Wonderful 2014, everyone
    Thanked by 11:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    java007, yaconsult and badblue1__ like this.
  11. #1611  

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Hi guys,
    Thanks so much for the information. If it will be an exceeding involving process with potential legal implications, I will probably skip it for my own sanity.
    I had this idea in my head, that it would be something very simple and easy and legal.
    Thanks again for your all of the help. You guys in this thread are really great!


    Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    First you need to check with Spint to see if they will allow the V to be used on their network. If their ok with it post back and we will see what we can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    Ls670 patch is for converting the MiRaGe ROM for running on Optimus S. It is not for converting Optimus V to Optimus S. You have to do the phone conversion separetely using different methods. Based on my experience, the effort of phone conversion is not worth the result.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    Sprint will never agree with using OV. A Sprint ESN transplant from a donor Sprint phone is required and I am not sure it is legal.
    Thanked by:
  12. #1612  

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Flashed my OV with this one yesterday. Had a few hiccups and had to retrace my steps a few times but in the end it all worked out. Gingerbreak zip file links on the xda forum are incorrect, had to get the actual gingerbreak file elsewhere. Nice work here mrg and thanks to everybody for their tips on this thresd.
  13. #1613  
    AndyOpie150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,151 Posts
    ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by Anaitha Mous View Post
    Flashed my OV with this one yesterday. Had a few hiccups and had to retrace my steps a few times but in the end it all worked out. Gingerbreak zip file links on the xda forum are incorrect, had to get the actual gingerbreak file elsewhere. Nice work here mrg and thanks to everybody for their tips on this thresd.
    The correct Gingerbreak.apk links are actually in the second post.The ones in the first post are just for developers.
    Thanked by:
    badblue1__ likes this.
  14. #1614  
    VipT's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Thanks for this awesome rom. As the kitkat rom is very much in an alpha stage, I'll be using this for a while.

    A couple questions though...

    - Is it possible to create shortcuts to custom overclock profiles somehow? One for general use, and one for boosting games a little.
    - And... how hard would it be to port this rom to a device like the slightly newer strait-talk 'Optimus Q'? The only decent overclock rom for that model is full of bloat, has little battery life, and requires weekly user maintenance.
  15. #1615  

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by VipT View Post
    Thanks for this awesome rom. As the kitkat rom is very much in an alpha stage, I'll be using this for a while.

    A couple questions though...

    - Is it possible to create shortcuts to custom overclock profiles somehow? One for general use, and one for boosting games a little.
    - And... how hard would it be to port this rom to a device like the slightly newer strait-talk 'Optimus Q'? The only decent overclock rom for that model is full of bloat, has little battery life, and requires weekly user maintenance.
    It looks like you can do it with tasker: Tasker is a terrific phone automation app that currently sells for $2.99. Give it a google and see all the kinds of things you can do with it.

    You could create a shortcut to change the speed, or you could make a profile that would do it automatically when you ran any of a list of programs you pick. You can also have it set the speed back when the game exits.
  16. #1616  
    AndyOpie150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,151 Posts
    ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

    Default

    VipT:
    If the screen density is the same then your good to go. Our V has an mdpi screen.
    More info if the screen is the same.

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #1617  
    VipT's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

    Wait, if the mdpi is the same...

    Does 'good to go' mean that it should be capable of being ported, OR that it is actually installable now?

    The phone is mdpi @ 160.
  18. #1618  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,918 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

    I believe he means it could be port-able but do you have a cm7 base rom?

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk
  19. #1619  
    AndyOpie150's Avatar

    Posts
    1,151 Posts
    ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

    VipT:
    thewraith420 is correct.
    Read this: [GUIDE] How I port - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    The other things you will need are the Android SDK with the platform and platform-tools folders (path to the adb.exe has to be set in your environmental variables folder), and APK-Multi-Tool (this is for extracting, decompiling, editing, recompiling, and compressing the framework.jar file).
    Read the Guide over a few times to get a better understanding of what your going to have to do.
    The hardest part is just finding the right host ROM and kernel combination.
    You might have to edit the build prop a little too, but it isn't that hard.
    Should only take you from one to two weeks to get everything working properly (most is just trial and error).
    If you need more help, Please start a new thread.
  20. #1620  
    VipT's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

    Okay. I've compiled custom kernels for Debian, Slackware, and Arch before, but I figured it wouldn't be that simple.

    Thanks for the tips. Off I go.
  21. #1621  
    bigsupersquid's Avatar
    o_O

    Posts
    1,418 Posts
    ROM
    OV KitKat-JBC, 3.0 kernel

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

    Quote Originally Posted by VipT View Post
    Okay. I've compiled custom kernels for Debian, Slackware, and Arch before, but I figured it wouldn't be that simple.

    Thanks for the tips. Off I go.
    if there's already a custom rom with overclock you can most likely use their kernel (or its source code) straight up without modifications. that'll help.
    anything else, Ill post in your new thread.
    you're starting in the right place, mirage rom is definitely the go-to gingerbread rom for the LG-**670 phones, for daily use or porting.
    keep the wife happy with my dev time:
    donate!
    the THANKS button is quite acceptable if you're as stingy as me, too.
  22. #1622  

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    I was trying to search for a thread or posts on what settings can be applied to improve performance and how - overclocking, undervolting, etc. Either this stuff is there on this forum and I am not seeing it or I am not following the posts already made or both! Some help please for this noob on how to tweak performance and improve battery life on my newly flashed V. Thanks.
  23. #1623  
    badblue1__'s Avatar

    Posts
    299 Posts
    ROM
    MiRaGe Rom, CWMT 5.0.2.7

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by Anaitha Mous View Post
    I was trying to search for a thread or posts on what settings can be applied to improve performance and how - overclocking, undervolting, etc. Either this stuff is there on this forum and I am not seeing it or I am not following the posts already made or both! Some help please for this noob on how to tweak performance and improve battery life on my newly flashed V. Thanks.
    Use the interactive governor, set min. at 480mhz and max. at 768mhz if your phone doesn't reboot on it's own or freeze up, then tick the set on boot box.

    You can try running max. higher if you want, make sure you uncheck the set at boot box! ,then when your phone reboots on its own cut it back 2 settings and you should be fine. If your phone doesn't reboot or freeze up recheck the set on boot box.

    Failing to prepare, is like preparing to fail.
    Thanked by:
  24. #1624  

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Here is another noob question. After the new rom is up and running what img/zip/apk/etc. files are to be kept on the sd card and which ones can be removed? Currently I have on sd card FlashImageGui.apk, gapps.zip, gingerbreak apk, Mirage zip, zen recovery img, vm670(non zen) recovery img. Presume I can remove the non-zen recovery img since I did not use that, gapps(already installed), gingerbreak(already rooted). Thanks.
  25. #1625  
    bigsupersquid's Avatar
    o_O

    Posts
    1,418 Posts
    ROM
    OV KitKat-JBC, 3.0 kernel

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by Anaitha Mous View Post
    Here is another noob question. After the new rom is up and running what img/zip/apk/etc. files are to be kept on the sd card and which ones can be removed? Currently I have on sd card FlashImageGui.apk, gapps.zip, gingerbreak apk, Mirage zip, zen recovery img, vm670(non zen) recovery img. Presume I can remove the non-zen recovery img since I did not use that, gapps(already installed), gingerbreak(already rooted). Thanks.
    advise backing them up on pc in case for later, but you can remove all of those now that you're running.
    keep the wife happy with my dev time:
    donate!
    the THANKS button is quite acceptable if you're as stingy as me, too.
    Thanked by 2:
    Melvin Jefferson likes this.
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 626364656667 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B