- 295 Posts
ICS = Ice Cream Sandwich(Android 4.0.4)
Current Version: CM9.0.0-VM670-BobZhome (9-30-2012)
Description: Well, let's be honest. Unless you're living under a rock, you probably know what Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is. Furthermore, you should know what the CyanogenMod project is. However, if a rock is really your home and you'd like to learn more, please visit their site:
==== '''People worked with/owe thanks to:''' ====
CyanogenMOD - Do I need to state why we owe thanks to this guys?
IHO Team - Starting the IHO project
TDM & TheKraven - For all the work they have put into ICS
==== '''What is not working?''' ====
- USB Tethering
==== '''What is particle working?''' ====
- Voice search does not work, it will work if you uninstall the stock one and install
- Youtube video's work, but HQ quality is not smooth
- Camcorder works but to view the video, you need to use either:
- plus the from the market
- plus there from the market
- Wi-Fi hotspot Tethering works with from the market
==== '''Changelog''' ====
- Sync'd with CM9
- Trimmed Trebuchet: Removed all hdpi & xhdpi content
- Trimmed LatinIME: Removed all dictionaries except English & Spanish
- Changed Script: Now using A2SD++ thanks to (see Q & A below for more info)
- Fixed Camera Panorama View: Thanks to TheKraven
- Sync'd with CM9: We are now at 9.1.0
- Moved: Dalvik-Cache back to the Data partition(see Q & A below for more info)
- Fixed: Boot up..."Android is updating" is gone
- Sync'd with CM9
- Fixed: USB storage...now working for windows also
- Fixed: Brightness...Thanks to danmogger for helping me find the problem!
- Fixed: Bluetooth...disconnecting no longer cause reboots
- Sync'd with CM9: We are now at RC2(Release Candidate)
- Added: Spainish language back in Again
- Kernel v4: Upgraded from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
- Sync'd with CM9
- Fixed: Bluetooth Headset calling
- Fixed: Wired Headset Microphone
- Kernel v3 = Tweaked: 1) Hitachi screen drivers 2) Overclock GPU(but didn't see any difference) 3) Adjusted Proximity Sensor
- Sync'd with CM9: We are now at RC1(Release Candidate)
- Fixed: Speaker Phone's low volume
- Added: More Asserts - Hopefully the other recoveries will play nice
- Kernel v2.9 = Fixed: PPTP - VPN thanks to Blackhive
- Sync'd with CM9: Fixed MMS on stock messaging app
- Fixed: Camcorder(you need to use Videocam Illusion from the market(play store) - Thanks to thekaven!
- Added: Spain language back in
- Added: Trebuchet back in
- Removed: Launcher Pro
- Initial Release
- Added: Launcher Pro
- Removed: VideoEditor, foreign dictionaries, foreign keyboards, foreign fonts, large ringtones, Live Wallpaper, CM wallpaper, and CM ringtones
- BobZics Kernel v2.8
==== '''Download Links''' ====
NOTE: First Boot takes about eight minutes on my phone, be patient!
Build 9/30: MD5checksum= 346c23bcb3a5776696b0c89449a250b8
Custom Gapps(smaller): MD5checksum= 971373a429db999b0b2fdf0ec1363956
Latest Gapps: MD5checksum= 7c524e1e078164f681e0aa6753180b2c
ClockworkMod Recovery: MD5checksum= 4196aac89f95ee7b468c53b5ffacf9db
==== '''Helpful Tips''' ====
Overclocking is available in Settings --> Performance --> Processor. Tweak it as you like, but know this: not all OV's were created equally.
==== '''Q & A''' ====
Q: What Baseband will this work on?
A: It works with all current Baseband, you do NOT need to update your Baseband, I'm still on ZV4
Q: Do I need the VM670NH recovery to install this ROM?
A: No, it's the one I use and recommend
Q: Can I use an A2SD script with this ROM?
A: No need...the rom will move your apps and dalvik to the EXT partition on your SDcard, if you have an EXT partition!
Q: Do I need an SDcard with EXT partition to install this ROM?
A: No, but it is very recommend to have one.
Q: Why was so much removed from your ROM?
A: This OS is so big it leaves very little room on your phone for your stuff.
Q: What do you mean by "foreign"?
A: Anything other than English and Spanish.
Why was Dalvik-Cache moved back to the Data partition?
Gapps did not like it being on the SD-EXT partition and you would get the "Optimizing app x of xx" with every boot up. NOTE: Dalvik does get really big, you may run out of room in Data if you have a lot of apps. NOTE 2: Apps are still in the SD-EXT partition, only Dalvik was moved.
Q: Why did you change scripts?
A: The A2SD++ script is written better, which allowed me to put Dalvik-Cache back on your SD-EXT partition without any issue. I did edit out parts of the A2SD++ because there is no easy way to erase the Apps-Private and Apps-Data info from the SD-EXT, so I wanted to keep the info on the phones DATA partition. Keeping the old info when flashing a new ROM creates issues, just like when you do a dirty flash. Also I found the ZipAlign did not work as well as the one I was using, so I removed that part of the code from the new script.
==== '''Resources''' ====
Last edited by BobZhome; 09-30-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: updated rom to 9/30Thanked by 90:
+ Show/Hide list of the thanked
A-android-B, android.jake, Anonymo, anthonycr, arnold1997, Badboytoast, BBjoemama, bigrickie77, bkttk2, bokoxthexchocobo, briggstar, BuggerZ, cajunfied, clodfelterac, Conrail16, curtis1973, curtvan, DarthBill13, dennyc23, djboi2011, dlinderaz, drm1992, Encerspay45, EnMod, flapjack.fiasco, fleakilla, Fortified83, Freedomrock, geraldmendoza25, Germitty, glarepate, Glenar, goonsage, HOD1234, inceyet, irish-68, Jdubb25, jerrykid, jimlikesmayo, joelz, joerivera17, jonny5449, jto101680, kenbrasensei, Mack07018, MarkD426, martinez41613, Master Gowa, mlson, moranpms, morenoa48, mrg666, mustafu, Nate456, Nico72, norwoodsteel, O13, obh_online, OptimusNate, Pomman, poweredge99, r00t, randyroyal, Raul720, rebel69ization, ReverendP, scaplus, sellers86, shaloms, shawne11, SickySticky, skeeterfood, snobro, Sollsun, speakxj7, ssethv, st0rmwatch, steveidroid, StevenOptimusV, StingDrop, Teh_Gaberz, terthii, ThatGuyLurkin, thewraith420, topdawg661, torch2424, tvall, wormy987123, zedorda, zoidberg_md
- 06-16-2012, 05:46 PM #2
- 06-16-2012, 05:49 PM #3
- 06-16-2012, 05:50 PM #4
- 06-16-2012, 05:58 PM #5
- 06-16-2012, 06:37 PM #6
- 06-16-2012, 06:55 PM #7
- 06-16-2012, 07:01 PM #8
- 06-16-2012, 07:10 PM #10
- 06-16-2012, 07:18 PM #11
- 06-16-2012, 07:19 PM #12
- 1,015 Posts
Came across this thread cuz I normally just go through my favs on tapatalk and i decided "hey why not check out some new threads" and I was like SCORE!!! We now have a total of 4 ics roms
Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
- 06-16-2012, 07:32 PM #13
- 06-16-2012, 07:53 PM #14
- 06-16-2012, 08:17 PM #15
- 06-16-2012, 09:02 PM #16
- 06-16-2012, 09:28 PM #17
- 06-16-2012, 09:30 PM #18
- 06-16-2012, 09:30 PM #19
- 06-16-2012, 09:32 PM #20
- 06-16-2012, 09:40 PM #21
- 06-16-2012, 09:52 PM #22
- 06-16-2012, 09:54 PM #23
- 06-16-2012, 10:22 PM #24
- 06-16-2012, 11:50 PM #25