[Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus V)

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that want to go the extra mile and flash ZVJ firmware onto your Optimus V, click on here to follow Sammyz' OptimusV ZVJ Guide!!

That's right, you read correctly.
In the past couple of days, I've been working on a Flashable ZIP that will automagically get ANY, and ALL Optimus S ROM, to be FULLY Functional for the Optimus V.
This Project was birthed in the ZVJ JellyBean CM10 thread for the V, and now I'm bringing it to it's own thread!

With this, you will be able to Flash Optimus S roms, such as HydroRom that was built only for ZVJ baseband Optimus S Phones, and get Button mapping, SMS, Calling, Data, and MMS(Still WIP, need help making a universal flashable MMS fix) fixed, and for use on the Optimus V.
[info]What is currently working/not working:
SMS
Calling
Data
Button swapping.

Still not working:
MMS, (to potentially fix, follow these instructions here)
[/info]
[info]TO GET DATA WORKING ON GB ROMS:
I got it working by install Hydro Rom, booted.

Connected to wifi, downloaded Solid Explorer and replaced files from the zip and set permissions. And there we go.
Thanks ThatGuyLurkin!!
Data now works on any ROM
[/info]
DOES NOT WORK IF YOU ARE ALREADY ON ZVJ (USING SAMMYZ GUIDE)
[info]Things you need to know
*These patches are for ROMs built for both the Optimus V and Optimus S on any baseband/firmware.

*Make sure you are flashing the correct patch, for the correct firmware.[/info]

Installation
-Flash your Optimus V or Optimus S Rom -Flash corresponding GAPPS -Disable signature verification -Flash corresponding Patch -Boot into ROM -enjoy!

[info]Additional Information:
Included is the radio fix. (Thanks Zakman for providing what needed to be implemented!)
LG Optimus V key layout fix (Thank you YoshinJaa for clarifying what needed to be changed!)
Data fix for all ROMs. (Thanks to yours truly.)
Added App2ext support. (Thanks tdm for allowing me to do so)
Enjoy!![/info]

[info]Downloads:
*Patch to be used on ZVD, ZV4, ZV5, and ZV9 radio's to flash ZVJ Roms

ZVJ to ZVD patch-OptV-08162012.zip (207.94KB)

*Patch to be used on ZVJ radio's to flash ZVD & Optimus V Roms(these need feedback)
ZVD to ZVJ patch-OptV-08162012.zip (190.75KB)
[/info]
If anyone AT ALL think they'd be able to contribute (Universal flahsable MMS fix) that would be AMAZING!!

And PLEASE report any Bugs you may(or may not lol) experience with this patch fix.
(I am available practically 24/7 for any help and support with this.)

Last edited:

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
If you make the MMS flashable zip I will LOVE you :D although I would actually have to remove that due to me being on metropcs :p

And thank you for making this thread! Way better than my method of getting ZVJ roms working for us..........

Sent from my Optimus M

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Guide][Port][WIP]Porting ANY OptiS rom to the OptiV in 1 Fla

If you make the MMS flashable zip I will LOVE you :D although I would actually have to remove that due to me being on metropcs :p

And thank you for making this thread! Way better than my method of getting ZVJ roms working for us..........

Sent from my Optimus M

If i could find out how to make a flashable MMS fix, or if that's even possible.. I will LOVE me!! xD (and once i find out how, i could POSSIBLY make one for MetroPCS just for you.)

And no problem.. after i tested it with the HydroRom(even though only Data is broken for some reason), i decided that it's worthy of it's own thread.

If anyone AT ALL think they'd be able to contribute (MMS fix, or Data fix for GB ROMS) that would be AMAZING!!

And PLEASE report any Bugs you may(or may not lol) experience with this patch fix.

Reactions: Badboytoast

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
If i could find out how to make a flashable MMS fix, or if that's even possible.. I will LOVE me!! xD (and once i find out how, i could POSSIBLY make one for MetroPCS just for you.)

And no problem.. after i tested it with the HydroRom(even though only Data is broken for some reason), i decided that it's worthy of it's own thread.

If anyone AT ALL think they'd be able to contribute (MMS fix, or Data fix for GB ROMS) that would be AMAZING!!

No need, there already is one for metropcs :p it won't work with ICS/JB roms though.....
Probably because it's a GB MMS.apk and not an edited one for ICS...
Sent from my Optimus M

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
@nitestalkr, I think the optimus S people can use this too, but get the 3 lib files from an LS670 quattrimus ROM, just to be safe.

Sent from my Optimus M

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

What files did you modify for MMS.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2

MMS.apk, by theory, this alone could be flashed to fix mms, that's why i need it to be tested to confirm this.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

@nitestalkr, I think the optimus S people can use this too, but get the 3 lib files from an LS670 quattrimus ROM, just to be safe.

Sent from my Optimus M

Ok, i will provide an S version so Optimus S users can use this as well.

Reactions: sammyz

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

OP updated with how to fix MMS (still trying to figure out how to make a flashable script that will do it automagically)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Open up any ROM zip, and look at the updater-script, copy the commands to install system apps, I believe you just need one for mounting system, and one for telling it to copy the /system/app contents in your zip to the phone, don't remember what they are off the top of my head, working on something else right now. :)

Reactions: nitestalkr

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Open up any ROM zip, and look at the updater-script, copy the commands to install system apps, I believe you just need one for mounting system, and one for telling it to copy the /system/app contents in your zip to the phone, don't remember what they are off the top of my head, working on something else right now. :)

I would need to create a script that could apply all of these changes without having to overwrite anything in the existing ROM... I know that it is possible to write a flashable zip that will apply the changes at boot.. i just have no REAL experience at writing such scripts at all..

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

It semi works with GB roms too(mobile data still borked).

sent from my un-dead sammich.

By that, you mean 3G?

I'm wondering what file contains that piece. When I was on it, I kept getting I MUST to do a profile update.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

By that, you mean 3G?

I'm wondering what file contains that piece. When I was on it, I kept getting I MUST to do a profile update.

yessir.
I'm still seeing if any extra files need to be added to get data working on GB, but it seems to work on ICS and JB as is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis