Optimus V screen replacement question.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry, this is for my old V(my current one is fine.).
I was just wondering if this screen replacement would be compatible with the Optimus V..

LCD for LG LS670 Optimus M/S/U
I have practiced taking it apart several times(although I some how managed to lose the power button....), and have no worries with that. I'm just wondering if this is compatible.

I've managed to root it, install a recovery, and a custom ROM despite the screen not showing a visual(its cracked, well more like shattered).

And if this is compatible, I will begin to forge a makeshift power button, and possible order this screen, and use the phone as my designated test phone.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry, this is for my old V(my current one is fine.).
I was just wondering if this screen replacement would be compatible with the Optimus V..

LCD for LG LS670 Optimus M/S/U
I have practiced taking it apart several times(although I some how managed to lose the power button....), and have no worries with that. I'm just wondering if this is compatible.

I've managed to root it, install a recovery, and a custom ROM despite the screen not showing a visual(its cracked, well more like shattered).

And if this is compatible, I will begin to forge a makeshift power button, and possible order this screen, and use the phone as my designated test phone.

I think someone has done this before. Aren't the OS screens the same ones used in the newer OVs?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: nitestalkr

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well then, it looks like I'm going to order that screen soon. And for that price, its definitely worth it! I remember a year ago when I was first looking for replacement screens, the cheapest one I could find was ~$70-$90..

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
If you search YouTube there are video guides available. I had posted one of those long time ago. It is not that difficult, maybe half an hour of your time if you are doing for the first time. OV is an extremely serviceable phone.

Reactions: sellers86

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If you search YouTube there are video guides available. I had posted one of those long time ago. It is not that difficult, maybe half an hour of your time if you are doing for the first time. OV is an extremely serviceable phone.

I've practiced taking it apart, removing the current screen, and putting it back in, and putting it all back together.
My efficiency time is about 10-12 minutes :p
then I plugged it into the computer, used droid@screen to make sure its still functional.
To bad you cant simply buy replacement power buttons.. I'm going to probably carve one from wood, plastic, or clay.

RavinX

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey I have a somewhat relevant question that I was about to make a thread for, but I'll just ask it here instead.
A while ago, I dropped a Xbox 360 controller on my V's screen from 1 to 2 feet above it. The screen didn't shatter or anything, but ever since I've had no touch responsive-ness from the right side of my screen. Meaning, the right side of my screen just doesn't work. Touching it does nothing.
Does anybody know if replacing the screen will fix this issue?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey I have a somewhat relevant question that I was about to make a thread for, but I'll just ask it here instead.
A while ago, I dropped a Xbox 360 controller on my V's screen from 1 to 2 feet above it. The screen didn't shatter or anything, but ever since I've had no touch responsive-ness from the right side of my screen. Meaning, the right side of my screen just doesn't work. Touching it does nothing.
Does anybody know if replacing the screen will fix this issue?

The digitizer might be damaged. Sounds like it might have cracked the very top mkay layer, that handles the touch sensitivity, but not the LCD display. Idk suggest ordering a new screen replacement.
The link I provided is the cheapest one I found.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have an entire parts phone if you're interested. Bad nand from a lgnpst crash while writing the bootloader, it won't power on at all, but has excellent hardware and clean virgin mobile esn. Has the old screen hardware from before the ls670 screens came over to the vm670.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have an entire parts phone if you're interested. Bad nand from a lgnpst crash while writing the bootloader, it won't power on at all, but has excellent hardware and clean virgin mobile esn. Has the old screen hardware from before the ls670 screens came over to the vm670.

There's a bootloader that can be written???? o_O where???

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Haven't noticed your posts here in a long while!
I will keep your offer in mind when i get around to making a decision.
After all, it's just for a test phone, so i won't have to keep testing things on my current Optimus V(girlfriend is getting tired of me saying "hang on, testing stuff on my phone, you know the drill." lol)