Optimus V Stuck in Recovery loop.

Twiggycore

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I know this type of problem is all over the forums, but all I find in those threads are quick advanced explanations or links to other threads which is confusing me to no end, so please bear with me here.

Long story short, my Optimus V was rooted, I went and did the whole factory reset on accident, and now I'm stuck in ClockworkMod recovery screen 3.2.0.1. I keep trying to install any ROM possible but no luck, I either get the ROM successfully installed and I then go reboot my phone, and it brings me right back to the clockworkmod recovery screen, or I go to install a ROM and in a second it comes up with an error saying install failed or something like that.

I'm looking for the hold my hand and walk me through this explanation, I'm not very smart with androids just yet, although I'm very computer literate, androids are like Spanish to me. lol.

Any help would be VERY appreciated, I wanna get this phone fixed so I don't end up using my old HTC Wildfire again, as you could imagine.
Thanks

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
you have to install a new custom recovery.
1. download this.
2. Put it on your sdcard. You can do this a few ways. put the sdcard into your computer, mount the usb storage while in recovery, and if those don't work you may have to adb push it. I or someone else can help you with that.
3. go into recovery, choose install zip from sdcard.
4. find that zip that you just put on there.
5. install it! reboot into recovery. (advanced>reboot recovery)
6. You should see a new recovery.
7. If you do, keep going. If not, stop and ask questions.
8. put a new rom on your sdcard. I recommend quattrimus cm9, because it is extremely stable. If you opt with that, you must install gapps as well.
9. you can mount usb storage in recovery to put these things on the sdcard.
10. before installing these zips, wipe all, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache(in advanced menu)
11. install zip. (find the rom, and then if you need gapps as well, flash that.)
12. after it finishes, simply reboot.

Reactions: jonny5449

Twiggycore

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I've spent days trying to fix it and you just helped me fix it in a matter of minutes, thank you SO SO SO much. You are a god amongst men.

metal321

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I tried this. Got the new recovery on my Optimus V. Reinstalled my backup but it is still stuck in recovery loop. Backup may be corrupt. I'll have to try load one from my laptop.

Last edited:

metal321

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have this COT recovery on my phone and it seems very problematic. I get a lot of errors when I try most installs with it. I am still stuck in a recovery loop. Can anyone help me to get out of this? The Optimus V I have uses the Hitachi screen if that makes any difference.

metal321

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Aaah, that fixed it. Man, I was at a total loss there for awhile. I actually had the old version of COT. The 1.2v. Put the new version on and the advanced options did the trick. Now I just hope I have my 3g back after I do the Nandroid recovery. When I started the phone it dialed Sprint instead of Virgin to activate the phone. I that doesn't mean more problems.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Aaah, that fixed it. Man, I was at a total loss there for awhile. I actually had the old version of COT. The 1.2v. Put the new version on and the advanced options did the trick. Now I just hope I have my 3g back after I do the Nandroid recovery. When I started the phone it dialed Sprint instead of Virgin to activate the phone. I that doesn't mean more problems.

I think you put a sprint prl on there instead of VM's which would be why it connected to sprint.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk 2

metal321

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Would this be caused by the ROM or the recovery. I am pretty sure I installed the correct ROM. The COT recovery I installed is for the Optimus V. I don't think the page I got it from says anything about Sprint or Virgin. I must have somehow installed the wrong ROM.

metal321

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Its not the ROM. I just installed the Quattrimus VM ROM and it appears to be doing the same thing. I originally lost my 3g and did a factory reset and when I finally got a recovery working I had the recovery loop. Now when I start the phone I get an activation screen for the phone after Cyanogenmod boots. Its still connecting to Sprint. I guess I have to install the stock Virgin ROM.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Its not the ROM. I just installed the Quattrimus VM ROM and it appears to be doing the same thing. I originally lost my 3g and did a factory reset and when I finally got a recovery working I had the recovery loop. Now when I start the phone I get an activation screen for the phone after Cyanogenmod boots. Its still connecting to Sprint. I guess I have to install the stock Virgin ROM.

What are you using to activate? What is the PRL you are running? Settings>About Phone it may be there or it's in Status.

metal321

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The ROM I installed is the Quattrimus VM670. I am downloading the latest version but I doubt it is going to change the fact that I am getting this Sprint setup screen. I am pretty sure that the factory reset I did is the problem and that I have to install a factory ROM. Can't get it to install though. It says it isn't signed and when I change the settings to ignore that it just aborts the installation.

theboyshort

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I know this type of problem is all over the forums, but all I find in those threads are quick advanced explanations or links to other threads which is confusing me to no end, so please bear with me here.

Long story short, my Optimus V was rooted, I went and did the whole factory reset on accident, and now I'm stuck in ClockworkMod recovery screen 3.2.0.1. I keep trying to install any ROM possible but no luck, I either get the ROM successfully installed and I then go reboot my phone, and it brings me right back to the clockworkmod recovery screen, or I go to install a ROM and in a second it comes up with an error saying install failed or something like that.

I'm looking for the hold my hand and walk me through this explanation, I'm not very smart with androids just yet, although I'm very computer literate, androids are like Spanish to me. lol.

Any help would be VERY appreciated, I wanna get this phone fixed so I don't end up using my old HTC Wildfire again, as you could imagine.
Thanks

C

you have to install a new custom recovery.
1. download this.
2. Put it on your sdcard. You can do this a few ways. put the sdcard into your computer, mount the usb storage while in recovery, and if those don't work you may have to adb push it. I or someone else can help you with that.
3. go into recovery, choose install zip from sdcard.
4. find that zip that you just put on there.
5. install it! reboot into recovery. (advanced>reboot recovery)
6. You should see a new recovery.
7. If you do, keep going. If not, stop and ask questions.
8. put a new rom on your sdcard. I recommend quattrimus cm9, because it is extremely stable. If you opt with that, you must install gapps as well.
9. you can mount usb storage in recovery to put these things on the sdcard.
10. before installing these zips, wipe all, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache(in advanced menu)
11. install zip. (find the rom, and then if you need gapps as well, flash that.)
12. after it finishes, simply reboot.

I tried this. Got the new recovery on my Optimus V. Reinstalled my backup but it is still stuck in recovery loop. Backup may be corrupt. I'll have to try load one from my laptop.

I have this COT recovery on my phone and it seems very problematic. I get a lot of errors when I try most installs with it. I am still stuck in a recovery loop. Can anyone help me to get out of this? The Optimus V I have uses the Hitachi screen if that makes any difference.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

metal321

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I hate this COT recovery. I want to change it. I put VM670NH_recovery SD card root but when I go to ZIP Flashing and then Choose ZIP... I get "No files found." Can someone tell me how to get a different recovery on my Optimus V?