CM Question

Elias1724

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I've heard of cyanogenmod before but I never looked into it. What exactly IS that. Is it a custom rom? I have the mirage rom so if I wanted CM will I have to get rid of mirage. I heard CM is very good. And if I don't how do I install cm?

Just another question. (This is kind of off-topic)
For some reason I have to format my sd card to use it in my computer but I was able to use it before. I don't wanna format because I will lose anything. Any fix for this or a way to update my mirage rom without using my sd card just do it directly on the phone with root explorer or something?

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Mirage is an IHO rom
If I'm correct IHO was built from cm 7. Its unofficial build but its cm.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Cyanogenmod is a custom rom for many different android phones. Its history goes back to the early days of g1 roms. It does not officially support the cdma optimus line (v, m, s, c). Because of that, we have IHO and all the roms our great devs build based on it. Jerryscript has his BACKside build. mrg66 has mirage. BobZhome has his build. I have magpie and purity, and leslieann has harmonia 2. If you are using any of those (and there might be a few I missed), you are using cyanogenmod 7 (with modifications our amazing devs have added).

The closest thing to pure cyanogenmod we have is my purity build. I personally don't use it and update it rarely.

For cyanogenmod 9, both tdm and BobZhome have unofficial builds.

Reactions: topdawg661

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Cyanogenmod is a custom rom for many different android phones. Its history goes back to the early days of g1 roms. It does not officially support the cdma optimus line (v, m, s, c). Because of that, we have IHO and all the roms our great devs build based on it. Jerryscript has his BACKside build. mrg66 has mirage. BobZhome has his build. I have magpie and purity, and leslieann has harmonia 2. If you are using any of those (and there might be a few I missed), you are using cyanogenmod 7 (with modifications our amazing devs have added).

The closest thing to pure cyanogenmod we have is my purity build. I personally don't use it and update it rarely.

For cyanogenmod 9, both tdm and BobZhome have unofficial builds.

You forgot OM-mandylion by earthnfire ;)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: topdawg661