How do I remove ClockworkMod Recovery and restore the factory image?

timbehnkendammit

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have not been able to get ClockworkMod Recovery to work AT ALL. I can boot into it, but I cannot navigate while in recovery. The phone will go through the menus, but I cannot select anything with the hardware buttons. Also, I'm stuck in the bootloop from attempting to install Quattrimus, and I'm just sick of this nonsense. This has been a headache and I just want to be done with it.

timbehnkendammit

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The CWM version is 5.0.2.7, and the camera button does nothing but reload the menu. None of my hardware buttons function as a 'select' button. If you are privy to a mmethod to replace CWM via usb, I'm all ears.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The CWM version is 5.0.2.7, and the camera button does nothing but reload the menu. None of my hardware buttons function as a 'select' button. If you are privy to a mmethod to replace CWM via usb, I'm all ears.

...did you use rom manager?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
If you are privy to a mmethod to replace CWM via usb, I'm all ears.

use ADB. it comes with the android SDK or you can Google up some zip package with it.
there's instructions elsewhere how to install and use ADB.
the specific thing you need is an .img file of another recovery.
rename it recovery.img and then
Code:
adb push recovery.img /cache
adb shell
flash_image boot /cache/recovery.img
exit
adb reboot
I suggest flashing the new recovery to the boot partition instead of recovery partition because without a working ROM, a bad recovery flash can brick your phone and make you use sammyz method from the stickies to fix it.
once you use the temporary recovery to flash a usable ROM, you can use ADB while booted into the ROM to flash a recovery you like better.
just change "boot" in the flash_image line to "recovery"

thesaxphoner

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I think you're using a bad version of clockwork that I used once. The camera button actually can be used two different ways. When you push it halfway down it reloads the page but when you push it the last bit it selects. You have to push it down halfway and then just click the final bit after you selected the option you want to use and make sure you don't let it go all the way up. Also you might have to push the volume down button a whole ton in a row to start with till it says something about a function being added.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

dmpls25

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
i'm having the same problem. So i tried the not letting up all the way on the camera button but it didn't work....any other ideas on how to fix?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
i'm having the same problem. So i tried the not letting up all the way on the camera button but it didn't work....any other ideas on how to fix?

You should read bigsupersquids post just a few back he details how to use adb to replace your recovery and get out of bootloop using adb

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband

Usman Iqbal

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
i recently installed clockworkmod on my phone(samsung galaxy ace) but it has been pain since. every time i reboot my phone it frezes on the page where it displays your phon moel and name and it wont go past there
pleases help me
urgent

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
i recently installed clockworkmod on my phone(samsung galaxy ace) but it has been pain since. every time i reboot my phone it frezes on the page where it displays your phon moel and name and it wont go past there
pleases help me
urgent

Sorry, this is the LG optimus v forums. The peeps over on the galaxy ace forum should be able to help you.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

Dave Lockwood

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I did all of the steps and flashed the recovery img but it still will only boot in clockworkmod recovery v3.2.0.0.
Any other idea how I can get out of this loop or remove clockworkmod..Exitrecovery.zip didn?t work for me.

Rajeshwer Rocker

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
hey try pressing the volume up button for three times and press volume down button for three buttons for three times....in bottom a message will appear as back button enabled.......if it is enabled u can use power button for goin into the menu lyk advanced etc...
problems;(if the above type doesnt work)
if it doesnt appear (back menu enabled) try pressing up button and down button randomly till it appears back button enabled....try like
up up down up down up up down like dis....it works perfectly.am using my cwm like this only...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs