[RECOVERY][KITKAT][4.4.x][OS2SD/INTERNAL][VERY EXPERIMENTAL][f2fs]TWRP2.8.0.0

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
New TLS-enabled, multi-mode OS2SD/Internal recovery to play with. Gotta have it for bigsuperROM-thunderc-4.4.4!
Flash in recovery.
up to twrp 2.8.0.0, f2fs capable :cool: thanks HardLight for the kernel 3.0.101 and f2fs patches.

the screen timeout works... if it sits long enough the screen will go off. touch it or press a button to bring it back on.
Except in the partitioner... you can't get the screen back on until it's done. Just wait patiently. It'll come back on and vibrate when it finishes.

oh, again, FYI... the new TLS kernel switches the old partitions for /system and /data so you can't flash anything but bigsuperROM TLS builds with it right now. Unless someone else starts building or something.

And the new recovery and recent OS2SD release remap the sd partitions AGAIN... this time to unify the design with HardLight's p500 cm-11 release to make the concept of OS2SD cross-device compatible. I'll be giving them source (and maybe even a full p500 recovery because it'd be tricky to build without using my thunderc device configs.) yep, done all that now.

For the brave of heart, I haven't tested it much yet except flashing, partitioning, and backup/recovery.
UMS and ADB work fine.

Report glitches and happy thoughts.

Features:

Title bar shows Internal or OS2SD mode so you know which you're using.

Seperate partitioners for Internal and OS2SD modes. An internal build will run with OS2SD partitions but not the other way around.

under Advanced is a button to switch between Internal and OS2SD modes.

archived said:
Code:
TWRP2.7.1.0 for os2sd. basic OS2SD functionality for natty zips like pa_gapps that don't like to co-operate with TechVendetta's TWRP build.

Now with partitioning! Worked for me, needs tested more.

some nice TWRP updates like text wrap.

It'll flash zips that are specially made for internal ok, like the internal ROM zip and the Skinny internal zip. Otherwise everything defaults to new OS2SD partitions (p1 /sdcard, p2 /sd-ext, p3 /system, p4 /data.)

It no longer shows both internal and os2sd partitions as they sometimes conflict while mounting for some reason.

Yes, I mixed up the partition order... no more dirty flashes over previous builds, only later ones.Switch to format partition 2 as either ext4 or swap in os2sd version; the internal version offers to format partition 3 as swap instead.

There is also a regular boring internal version for you who need it. It appears to have some downward compatibility (recent Mirage tested and flashed ok.)

Download
IMPORTANT: When you flash the new recovery, reboot recovery to be sure it works, before flashing ROM.

Thanks to TechVendetta for source or I'd not have messed with TWRP at all.
Not to mention the original OS2SD partitioning code.
And androidarmv6 for p500 code, and Dees_Troy and so on for TWRP... I could go on but it's in the rom/kernel OP's anyway.
Here is a single squashed commit for the multi-OS2SD changes to TWRP including partitioner. there's more now in later commits on the multi branch too.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY][KitKat][OS2SD][EXPERIMENTAL]TWRP2.7.1.0_os2sd

WARNINGS

So far any reports are mostly positive. A couple freezes. Mine freezes sometimes after wiping partitions and pressing back.

Partitioning takes a while but seems to work fine.
There is no error checking to see if the os2sd partitions exist, which may throw errors if they don't.
There is a select button in Advanced for Internal or OS2SD mode.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY][KitKat][OS2SD][EXPERIMENTAL]TWRP2.7.1.0_os2sd

FYI:

If you copy both the ROM and the .md5sum file from the download folder to the card, TWRP will refuse to flash the ROM (or other zips like the TWRP updates) if the same-name md5 doesn't match, saving you a step of checking it manually after pushing it to the card.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY][KITKAT][4.4.x][OS2SD][VERY EXPERIMENTAL]TWRP2.7.1.0_os2sd

You just keep giving me reasons to play with my Optimus more lol I swear your keeping the development for the Optimus moving along faster than my RAZR M

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

You just keep giving me reasons to play with my Optimus more lol I swear your keeping the development for the Optimus moving along faster than my RAZR M

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk
Yeah, funny. My 3vo languishes as daily driver with chopped stock ics and mirage kernel since I won't relinquish the 3d camera. I will fix it eventually but haven't nailed down stable source tree yet.
So my derelict OV gets all the updates for now.
Lucky punk daily users, profit from my work, riding the cutting edge, while I suffer ice cream sandwich. :p

Melvin Jefferson

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, funny. My 3vo languishes as daily driver with chopped stock ics and mirage kernel since I won't relinquish the 3d camera. I will fix it eventually but haven't nailed down stable source tree yet.
So my derelict OV gets all the updates for now.
Lucky punk daily users, profit from my work, riding the cutting edge, while I suffer ice cream sandwich. :p

LMBO!!!!

Yes, we are some lucky folks :D

pur

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm probably too old to be called a punk and my OV's spare but I'll accept anything Mr. Squid would throw at me.;)

This recovery worked fine for me. One time, I wiped Dalvik and it hung, but rebooted fine and never again. I did "copy log to SD" but I can't find the "log", then again I don't know how to turn on logging before copying, sorry I couldn't be of any help. :-[

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

should be /sdcard/recovery.log
It always logs. Just usually it's in /tmp/recovery.log
I wiped system and data after partitioning in an earlier build and it hung. Only the once, though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

internal version coming soon.
//edit: which, looking at the code, is just unmodified TWRP.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Stock TWRP uploaded for internal users.
Enjoy.
I need to test it, but I think it has legacy code to handle flashing older ROMs too.
//edit: HaHa! It successfully flashed the most recent MiRaGe, but failed to flash a 2012 version of that ROM (the assert wasn't coded right in the updater-script says the log.)
So it'll work with some other ROMs.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY][KITKAT][4.4.x][OS2SD/INTERNAL][VERY EXPERIMENTAL]TWRP2.7.1.0

os2sd v3 uploaded.
Strongly recommended upgrade if you're using os2sd. Removes internal system and data from fstabs to fix mounting conflicts. It'll still flash files that mount them by device (/dev/block/mtdblock5 or 6 for system and data, or ROM zips)

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Oh, this recovery is AWESOME!! I feel kinda silly for not having tried previous versions of TWRP...it is that awesome, and actually quite a bit simpler than even CWMT was.

It's occasionally had its hiccups in trying to flash things, but I'm in the process of simply redownloading those things and trying to reflash them.

fortyquid

May 17, 2011
Visit site

My backup attempts all fail. How can I go about troubleshooting this? What should be mounted for a backup of your current os2sd kk build?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

My backup attempts all fail. How can I go about troubleshooting this? What should be mounted for a backup of your current os2sd kk build?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app
shouldn't have to mount anything.
use advanced>copy log to sd, mount ums storage, copy recovery.log to pastebin.com, post the link it gives you here and I'll look.

up-to-date internal version up soon.
I'll update the os2sd as well since there's minor fstab changes (can't wipe sd-ext in menu to allow it being formatted as swap, else it hangs after formatting any partitions.)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

both versions updated, recommend updating yours before flashing anything else.

BradN2

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Bug report: If SD card is completely zero'd (or random data), recovery cannot partition it. Works fine once there is a fat32 present.

Before randomizing/zeroing the card, I was having trouble with wipes hanging the device after clicking "back" (operation said successful).

I tested the SD card by writing randomized data and reading it back - the card seems okay but does not meet its class 4 speed rating (wtf? it's a sandisk in retail pack from walmart... shouldn't be fake?)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Bug report: If SD card is completely zero'd (or random data), recovery cannot partition it. Works fine once there is a fat32 present.

Before randomizing/zeroing the card, I was having trouble with wipes hanging the device after clicking "back" (operation said successful).

I tested the SD card by writing randomized data and reading it back - the card seems okay but does not meet its class 4 speed rating (wtf? it's a sandisk in retail pack from walmart... shouldn't be fake?)
I got hangs while there was a swap partition.
another rom, like mirage, harmonia, or stock, can be used to wipe the card and make the fat partition. Or probably the internal version of this, the option is there, just hadn't tried it.