Galaxy Tab S5e flashing emergency recovery function

chuckyspurgeon

Nov 26, 2021
Visit site
Have a galaxy tab s5e thats flashing (black screen to blue error page) "An error has occurred while updating...Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software." So I was rooting the device to flash a new OS, but i screwed up something in the process and I think the battery is dead, thus cannot stay connected to Odin or the Smart Switch software long enough to troubleshoot it. It just flashes back n forth from black screen to the blue screen with the above mentioned error. I have tried holding pwr + vol up, pwr + vol down and pwr + vol up + vol down. Can sometimes get into bootloader mode but then appears to immediately die and start flashing again. Any ideas for a fix? Seems like if i could just get battery charged...i may be able to reflash VBmeta and the TWRP. Any ideas?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!

You would need a good functional battery and computer to recognize the device in download mode in order to flash the stock firmware again and start over , if that can't be accomplished then a repair center then proceed to flashing the stock firmware in Odin

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the 1st gen Tab S forum to the Tab S5e forum.

chuckyspurgeon

Nov 26, 2021
Visit site
yeah i can get it to download mode but unfortunately only stays there for about 3-5secs then flashes back to black screen again....this can only hsppne when plugged in to charger or to pc. Odin can recognize it for that small amoiunt of time but not enough time to flash anything.

chuckyspurgeon

Nov 26, 2021
Visit site
hi, no thats when it flashes back n forth from black screen to emergency screen...only when plugged in. If not plugged in, then just appears to be dead, just black screen, nothing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yeah i can get it to download mode but unfortunately only stays there for about 3-5secs then flashes back to black screen again....this can only hsppne when plugged in to charger or to pc. Odin can recognize it for that small amoiunt of time but not enough time to flash anything.
Like I mentioned earlier , it would need to be repaired before you can flash .