How to load rom using rom manager on my optimus v

SmokedOut

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to have to ask questions. I have been having a heck of a time with me phone it seems. Anyway I have my optimus rooted, and only way I could get it to back up ect is by downloading Rom Manager which worked awesome. Now I can't get any roms to work I'm always getting error messages when trying to adb them.

So my question is how can I load step by step a rom using Rom Manager onto my phone or does any one have links to some roms that I could use the QR reader in Rom Manager to load some roms up on my phone.

Thanks alot ahead for any and all help

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
ROM Manager does not fully support the Optimus V at this time due to the fact the developers of the various ROMs and recoveries have not choosen to post their source via ROM Manager. If any devs want to, it is up to them to insure the manifests are correct so you can download their ROMs and use appropriate recovery images.

I don't know of any way to install a ROM via adb, what commands were you using, and what error messages did you get?

To fix your current issue, download the xionia recovery to your sdcard, then using adb type:

su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/NAME_OF_RECOVERY_FILE.img

To get into your recovery, either type reboot recovery next, or turn off your phone, then turn it on again by holding home_key+volume_down+power button until the lg logo goes away. In your recovery, you can backup, wipe, format, and install a custom ROM.

SmokedOut

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I used Rom Manager to back up my stock rom and copied the backup file to my computer for safe keeping in case somehting happens. I can flash reocovery using Rom Manager by using the flash clockwork mod recovery, it says current recovery: ClockworkMod 3.2.0.0.

My thing is rom where my phone is so far it is: Rooted, My stock rom is Backed up. I need to know step by step how to get a rom on my sdcard so that I can open Rom Manager and press Install Rom from SD Card. Or if any one has a list of roms that have QR codes linked to them so I can try and us the install rom with QR on Rom Manager.

I say this because doing the put files on sdcard root and the adb method always tells me half way through with every rom I have tried that one of the files can't be found ect. It could be just me and how I'm doing the files to my sdcard. Thanks again I appreciate all the help I can't wait to get rid of the stock rom

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
There is only one ROM available for the Optimus V from ROM Manager, and you have to be running it already in order for it to show up, aospCM7.

Unfortunately, there are no other ROMs for the Optimus V in ROM Manager at this time.

Reactions: SmokedOut

SmokedOut

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks. So how do I get aospcm7 on my phone do I just drag the whole zip file over to my sd card and then reboot in recovery and us the zip file option right?

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Its the recovery, download the xionia recovery and flash it, I use terminal emulator to do so, reboot in recovery and try again, go through the aosp thread, its very helpful

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Some will tell you that Xionia is old, blah blah blah....

Xionia (.4 in particular) will flash any V rom and restore almost any Nandroid made.
It just works so why bother with others not meant for our phone?

Also, always make a new nandroid after you change your recovery!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo