UOT Kitchen Help?

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
i have a quick question about the kitchen. am i able to edit themes that i've previously made? i just cooked one and love it except i realized that i would like a different battery icon. will i have to re-cook the entire theme? not a huge deal because it doesn't take that long, but it would be nice to be able to open an existing theme and just input a different battery icon in.

Thanks!

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i have a quick question about the kitchen. am i able to edit themes that i've previously made? i just cooked one and love it except i realized that i would like a different battery icon. will i have to re-cook the entire theme? not a huge deal because it doesn't take that long, but it would be nice to be able to open an existing theme and just input a different battery icon in.

Thanks!

If all you do is edit the battery you should be able to use the files you downloaded as your base.
Im not 100% sure of this just going by how you can upload your own framework and such.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

You can replace just the battery icon(s) however there are quite a few of them depending on the battery you want to use. Would have to copy every one of the batteries shown in UOT and then paste over the correct battery image in the file. Just make sure you open it with something like 7zip so it doesn't mess up your theme and then you will be able to install the apk.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You can replace just the battery icon(s) however there are quite a few of them depending on the battery you want to use. Would have to copy every one of the batteries shown in UOT and then paste over the correct battery image in the file. Just make sure you open it with something like 7zip so it doesn't mess up your theme and then you will be able to install the apk.

I could be wrong, but I think he meant just add them via uot. Not replace them via hacking the files manually.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
When you use UOT Kitchen, you are generating a new copy of the frameworks-res.apk and if using CM7 the systemui.apk. If you want to make a change to these changes, you make just the new change, and then upload the two apk files from your previous UOT zip file instead of from your ROM's zip file.

So you need to go to UOT Kitchen, just choose your battery mod, then take the apk files from your original UOT kitchen zip file and upload them, then flash the new UOT zip file and it will have all your previous changes plus your new (forgotten) battery mod. ;)

funnybrains12

May 29, 2011
Visit site
JerryScript,
What files do you upload to the website? And do you know what it's talking about with the Androidian.apk renamed as you like? I have no idea what that is talking about. Thanks for your help.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
JerryScript,
What files do you upload to the website? And do you know what it's talking about with the Androidian.apk renamed as you like? I have no idea what that is talking about. Thanks for your help.

normally you upload:

- framework.apk - found in your ROM's zip folder in the Framework subfolder

- systemui.apk - found in your ROM's zip folder in the APP subfolder

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38