UOT Kitchen Help?

funnybrains12

May 29, 2011
Visit site
So, I have a few questions about the UOT Kitchen.

First off, I've had a few problems with the theme kitchen. I go to the kitchen, create and customize a theme, and then it uploads. Whenever I try to flash the theme to my phone, I get this error message:
"E:Syntax error in update script
Installation aborted."
This has happened twice, once on Harmonia and the other time on Bumblebee. I change the scripting to Amend scripting and kept the Patch9 autofix on. I don't know what else I could be doing wrong.

Second, I was wondering what your favorite rom was and your favorite theme for that rom.

Anyone got any ideas? Help is greatly appreciated!!

beryleo

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

First off, I've had a few problems with the theme kitchen. I go to the kitchen, create and customize a theme, and then it uploads. Whenever I try to flash the theme to my phone, I get this error message:
Installation aborted."
This has happened twice, once on Harmonia and the other time on Bumblebee. I change the scripting to Amend scripting and kept the Patch9 autofix on. I don't know what else I could be doing wrong.

Second, I was wondering what your favorite rom was and your favorite theme for that rom.

easy fix
just turn the signature verification check option off
this is under the flash zip menu

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Did your theme include fonts? This happened when trying to use their fonts but went away when I didn't choose them.

funnybrains12

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Did your theme include fonts? This happened when trying to use their fonts but went away when I didn't choose them.

It did... I'm going to try not including their fonts. But what about the fonts that you use in the headers and such? Should I leave the fonts alone or customize them?

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It did... I'm going to try not including their fonts. But what about the fonts that you use in the headers and such? Should I leave the fonts alone or customize them?

If you have the time go ahead and use the header ones, there is a chance you will end up seeing something wrong and needing to re-do your theme. My only issue with them was they looked horrible compared to the preview it gives, squashed together, thinner than bold, pixellated. This was when UOT was starting up, don't know if they improved it for devices with our resolution.

beryleo

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Installation aborted."

did you use the framework-res apk pulled directly from the rom?

funnybrains12

May 29, 2011
Visit site
That's the one I was trying to get to work. It ended up working without the don't packages. But now, I created a theme for CM7, and I got the same error on it as the other theme.

Sent from my Lg Optimus V using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Use 7-zip (or another good zip progam, not WinZip)

Open the aospCMod zip file as an archive

Open the UOT theme zip file as an archive

Navigate in each archive to
META-INF/com/google/android

Drag the update-binary file from the aospCMod archive to the UOT theme archive, and say yes to copy.

Place the modified UOT theme zip file on your sdcard, reboot into recovery, then wipe cache, then select zip from sdcard and choose the UOT theme zip file.

This is from the UOT Kitchen's Help page, and it's how I've done it eveytime I flash a UOT file.

Last edited:

funnybrains12

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Use 7-zip (or another good zip progam, not WinZip)

Open the aospCMod zip file as an archive

Open the UOT theme zip file as an archive

Navigate in each archive to
META-INF/com/google/android

Drag the update-binary file from the aospCMod archive to the UOT them archive, and say yes to copy.

Place the modified UOT them zip file on your sdcard, reboot into recovery, then wipe cache, then select zip from sdcard and choose the UOT them zip file.

This is from the UOT Kitchen's Help page, and it's how I've done it eveytime I flash a UOT file.

Okay, will try this later. Thanks for all of you help :)

Sent from my Lg Optimus V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty