Not very nice apple forum

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I am an apple 4s user for now, and have found the tone by some apple fans to be a bit unfriendly. Its like they could never conceive that a user of apple products could ever have a thought of their own and want something different or changed on any apple product. It is as though they believe apple knows best and whatever they deliver is the best of everything.

Coming from webOS, a strong webOS fan since launch, this was very foreign to me. I can say that for the most part, the webOS form was full of some very professional and nice people who accepted that the platform was meant to be modified and Palm embraced that.

By the end of the year I will be a Note 2 user, using my daughter's upgrade and passing my phone to her. So, I hope y'all are a friendlier crowd. :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am an apple 4s user for now, and have found the tone by some apple fans to be a bit unfriendly. Its like they could never conceive that a user of apple products could ever have a thought of their own and want something different or changed on any apple product. It is as though they believe apple knows best and whatever they deliver is the best of everything.

Coming from webOS, a strong webOS fan since launch, this was very foreign to me. I can say that for the most part, the webOS form was full of some very professional and nice people who accepted that the platform was meant to be modified and Palm embraced that.

By the end of the year I will be a Note 2 user, using my daughter's upgrade and passing my phone to her. So, I hope y'all are a friendlier crowd. :)

Lol. Good use of the family upgrade. I do the same thing. Except now my 14 year old is savy to me taking her upgrade. Just don't tell her you really have her new phone. :)

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am an apple 4s user for now, and have found the tone by some apple fans to be a bit unfriendly.

Truth be told most of us are going to get a bit snippy now and again. It really doesn't matter what forum you are on. The blackberry forum is crazy about their keyboards. The iMore site it dedicated to their iphones to a fault and we are defensive about what we think is the latest and greatest.

I try to spin it positively as long as people don't lie or post only to stir things up. It's not always easy as I can get defensive too. But it's all in the name of trying to help people enjoy this really amazing technology we have available to us now. We are a lucky generation.

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Lol. Good use of the family upgrade. I do the same thing. Except now my 14 year old is savy to me taking her upgrade. Just don't tell her you really have her new phone. :)

Its been handy to have all these phones in the family while Sprint allowed all of them to have upgrades so often in their premier plan. They all know that while I am paying the cost of the service and the phone, its my choice. Earlier this year, my wife and I used our upgrades to get a 4 and 4s, knowing full well that each of these phones would be passed down to the last 2 daughters when we use their final upgrades as the Sprint program ends this year. My wife will pass her 4 down and get a 5 (can't break the hold Apple has on my family), I will pass my 4s down and get the Note 2.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Its been handy to have all these phones in the family while Sprint allowed all of them to have upgrades so often in their premier plan. They all know that while I am paying the cost of the service and the phone, its my choice. Earlier this year, my wife and I used our upgrades to get a 4 and 4s, knowing full well that each of these phones would be passed down to the last 2 daughters when we use their final upgrades as the Sprint program ends this year. My wife will pass her 4 down and get a 5 (can't break the hold Apple has on my family), I will pass my 4s down and get the Note 2.

Ya its a sweet deal. The only issue I'm having is the carriers in Canada lock us in to a 3 year contract which is too long. Doing 2 years is way more $. Some people are saying that just buying the phone outright is better but I haven't done the math.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
The only way it's better is if you go to a carrier such as Mobilicity or Wind. They really do have super cheap plans in comparisson to Telus, Rogers, & Bell, but if you leave the city on a regular basis, you will have to deal with roaming charges for both phone and data. You can buy a car cheaper if you pay for the whole thing upfront, but most people find it easier to pay in installments.

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
$329 for 16gb ipad mini..... $249 for 32gb Nexus 7......hummmm decisions, decisions. Yeah right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo