Xperia Play

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
O2 has already tweeted that they will be carrying the xperia play. It was also reported by Engadget that Vodafone will have it also. My question is being how in the us you rarely see phones like this on multi carriers, does anyone believe that this will be one of those 11 android phones that will launch on AT&T? do you guys think it will be an exclusive here in the us?

Engadgets report

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Its unsure at this point. The few specs i can find on the net suggest that they support more UK freq then US freq. But you never know.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Well it will be on Verizon which for me is a total shock. With the Relationship ive seen that AT&T carried most sony ericsson phones. They didnt say it was exclusively at least i dont think they did but i guess i wont be getting this one. Although the Arc looks pretty nice and legit. Choices choices.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty surprised this thing is hitting Verizon. Like Blopez said, I was almost certain we'd see this on AT&T. Well, just another interesting choice for those of us on Big Red. I won't complain :)

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Lol Chris. Yeah I didnt like verizon when i was with them. They're reception is good i get same reception with AT&T. I would of liked it on AT&T. This is just making my choice to get the Atrix more of a guarantee deal for me. Im waiting on HTC and see what they announce. Oh well. Verizon is getting cooler phones before it was AT&T or Tmobile getting the cool phones.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
They all switch on and off in terms of who gets a good selection of phones. AT&T will likely be stepping things up a bit now that Verizon has the iPhone (or at least they should).

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon announcement surprised me as well. As a Verizon subscriber I'm glad for the extra choice even though the phone hasn't peaked my personal interest much.

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Im waiting on HTC and see what they announce. Oh well.

You might not wnat to hold your breath lol, I was going to be waiting too, because HTC rocks....or they DID rock, but HTC doesnt seem to want to join the dual core crowd, they seem intent on releasing EVO clones mainly.

ubuntudroid

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I was discouraged a bit knowing SE has never made a CDMA device and then when it was announced it was coming to Verizon shocked me as well. Having a PSP-3000 might seem to be pointless to get this phone. Best of both worlds I guess is the point with this device.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was discouraged a bit knowing SE has never made a CDMA device and then when it was announced it was coming to Verizon shocked me as well.
Technically, SE did make CDMA devices: the T61c for Verizon(my first VZW phone) and the T608 for Sprint(VERY limited release and cancelled quickly when SE went all GSM)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall