Zenithink zt-280 c71 questions

DJeremyC

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought this tablet for Christmas before all the new tablets shown at CES2012, but since I have it, would like to make the best of it. This is my first attempt at an Android device. So if someone could provide some insight that would be great. Here are the issues I am facing:

1. Having issues with the Amazon app store updating and downloading apps. It just sits at "downloading 0%". Only thing that has worked for me is to reformat the SD card. This is not ideal when apps are stored on the card, is there a better way?

2. It has 4gb internal storage, but only uses like 512mb for app storage. Is there any way to increase this space?

3. Android 2.3 is great nd all but confusing etc compared to webOS. Does anyone know if ICS is even possible for this tablet? Supposedly ICS bridges all the gaps and the lag experienced in previous versions.

Dhalgren

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I am considering the Zenithink C71 myself since it seems to be a tablet for hobbyists. A KDE developer is going to be selling them with Plasma OS as the world's first Linux tablet with a free app store (it's going to be called the Spark - see this: http://www.linuxinsider.com/rsstory/74333.html )

See if you can backup your SD card contents to a desktop, format it, download the Amazon app store, and then move over your files. That ought to work and you should only have to do it once.

I think with Froyo, the internal app storage capacity is limited. I'll let someone else answer that one.

But the tablet can run ICS. Have you seen this from the manufacturer?

Zenithink

This is what has me interested in this tablet. I think it looks really nice running ICS. My fear is I don't have the technical know how to get it to install. It could be only slightly better than the Ainol/MIPS tablet, which is also a hobbyist tablet.

http://www.zenithink.com/Eproducts_C71.php

Dhalgren

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I do have a question for you, DJeremyC. Did you ever figure out how to charge the C71 using a USB cable, or are you stuck using the peripheral "car GPS style" charger? Thanks!

DJeremyC

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I havent messed much with trying to charge it with the USB port yet.

I did however update it to ICS and that increased the app storage to over 2GB, and it ran like a charm for about a month now. Then yesterday, I turn it on and give me nothing but the taskbar and a black screen...it wont rotate, it wont show me apps, etc etc. Only menu I could get into was Settings, and there was nothing in there to help.

Only way I could think to fix it was reflash ICS onto the tablet, so I grabbed the newer version from Zenithink site and all is well again. Their taskbar icons did change though, I dont like the screen-capture button, I keep hitting it by accident.

Also is there a way to make like a ghost image of the tablet or something, so if this happens again I can just reflash, the ghost it back to where I dont lose all my app data? basically all the progress in games I made was gone. I even have most of them on the SD card.

I come from the webOS world where reflashing and doctoring etc is done within an hour and all your stuff works like before. This is a bit more complicated to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress