Matrix One Tablet

firelightguitarist

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So I just ordered the Matrix One (black 16GB/1GB model), and I can't find anything about it aside from a couple Engadget articles and the manufacturer's website. Why didn't this ever show up here on AC? It's certainly worthy of our attention.

Last edited:

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to know how you like it. Lots of things I have read say that it's hard to use because the touch accuracy is really bad. It looks good though for $100.

Bionic'd from my tapatalk.

firelightguitarist

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I must have missed those. Really hoping that they're not right. I ordered it with overnight shipping, but since this is Sunday I might not get it until Tuesday. I'm leaving on Wednesday to begin deploying with my Army unit, so I'll try to keep you guys updated on it.

firelightguitarist

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Quick update:

I'm loving this tablet. The screen accuracy is a little off at the top of it (it hits high of where you're tapping), but I'm getting used to it. My only complaints are that it has a platicky screen (I prefer glass) and it has no reset button. I froze it (had too many things going on) and had a hard time getting it to respond. That was mostly my fault, though.

Since it has a USB port on it, I can use a wireless mouse with it, which I'm very happy about it. Haven't tried any peripherals besides a flash drive, the mouse, and my phone so far. It doesn't like to read my phone's SD card, but the flash drive and the mouse work great.

I'll give you guys a full review eventually, I'm just in the middle of some weapons training stuff right now.

firelightguitarist

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Been kind of busy lately, but my schedule opens up some after the next week or so. I'll be posting a full review, pictures, and recommendations in the next 2 weeks. Thanks for your patience, guys!

Last edited:

Dre89

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Been kind of busy lately, but my schedule opens up some after the next week or so. I'll be posting a full review, pictures, and recommendations in the next 2 weeks. Thanks for your patience, guys!

Cool, just got mine before work yesterday.

Early thoughts:
Screen is plastic, which I don't care for but seems durable and doesn't pick up fingerprints which is good
Does have some lag but it's not horrible and you don't notice much if you adjust the memory settings with a app
Comes rooted already which is awesome, though I did have to download superuser and update the binary for it to play nice with most apps
It's stock Android, freaking yay
I've frozen it twice, once was my bad (don't scale up the min processer speed over the max processor speed, derp), holding down power will turn it off though

Did a volley of benchmarks while I was at it
Quadrant: 1823
Linpack: 15.456 avg
Antutu- Total: 3402 3 out of 5 stars
Cpu: 850
Ram: 455
Gpu: 1572
I/O: 525

kurdupelll

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the thoughts... I also bought this for $59 plus everything else tax shipping ect.

I think OP bought a different model then the others that said $59. I haven't recieved mine yet but Im pretty sure its not 16gb and 1gb ram. I cant remember though :)
This will be my first device to mod/tweak/rom/flash whatever. I have always just left my androids stock. Never really wanted to brick my phone and I figured this thing would be a great way to start. Im familiar with super user yet, dont really know all of its benefits. By familiar I mean I know what it is but dont know how to use it. Im excited that this thread started beacuse I have never posted here and when I thought about posting about the matrix one, I didnt think a first time poster would get any action!

Dre89 - I think I will be able to load superuser on this with my skills, but Im worried apps wont work out of the box after your post so I was wondering what you meant by updating the binary for it to play nice with most apps. Any help on how to do that? thanks!

Look forward to this thread expanding

Dre89

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the thoughts... I also bought this for $59 plus everything else tax shipping ect.

I think OP bought a different model then the others that said $59. I haven't recieved mine yet but Im pretty sure its not 16gb and 1gb ram. I cant remember though :)
This will be my first device to mod/tweak/rom/flash whatever. I have always just left my androids stock. Never really wanted to brick my phone and I figured this thing would be a great way to start. Im familiar with super user yet, dont really know all of its benefits. By familiar I mean I know what it is but dont know how to use it. Im excited that this thread started beacuse I have never posted here and when I thought about posting about the matrix one, I didnt think a first time poster would get any action!

Dre89 - I think I will be able to load superuser on this with my skills, but Im worried apps wont work out of the box after your post so I was wondering what you meant by updating the binary for it to play nice with most apps. Any help on how to do that? thanks!

Look forward to this thread expanding

Once you have the tablet, in the Superuser app at the top of the screen is a "i" button, tap it then the su binary, then update and your set.

Day 2:

it has the stock Android recovery, freaking yay again
I've been playing around with apps for CPU control and clocking, though it can step up to 1.5ghz the default max seems to be stuck at 1.008ghz
Cpu clock speeds are between 30mhz and 1.48ghz
Forcing it above 1.152ghz has caused a reboot or freeze each time so far

That's all for now

tugesius

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I just got it yesterday. Netflix does not work. Can anyone confirm this? It just immediately goes back to home screen. This behavior also occurs with 50 percent of games, which is understandable. But Netflix? That's a must for this device.

---------- Post Merged at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Also, many apps are not compatible. For example ever note. How is ever note not compatible? It's compatible with nearly every device

---------- Post Merged at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:09 PM ----------

One last thing. Google voice search is not compatible. Can anyone confirm this? It was my understanding that every android device or rom included this by default.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
HELP!!! I kinda sorta bricked this thing already! (Less than 24 hours of getting it). I have been able to get some ROMs onto the device but none of them seem to have the touch screen drivers as it is not responding to touch. I can get some action out of it via one of the hardware buttons but the tablet is more or less rendered helpless. Can anyone help? Does anyone have a .img file of the original firmware?

imneveral0ne

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Are you positive the rom you flashed is for the right tablet? Can't just flash any old rom.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It is not for the Matrix One tablet, but it was for a MID A10 tablet which this is compatible with. I know i still need the "right" ROM which is why I am flashing ROMs until one works.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If anyone has a nandroid backup of the stock ROM I'd REALLY appreciate getting my hands on it. As of now all my efforts to resurrect this tablet have gone no where.

firelightguitarist

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, my schedule didn't open up quite like I'd hoped. Leave it to the Army to keep you busy. I have had enough down time to play with it some, but in doing so it kind of died on me. I forgot to charge it one night (I charge all my gadgets every night, whether they really need it or not), and let it die the following day. Since then, it won't charge. I get a battery icon with red-orange triangle inside, and a yellow exclamation mark inside the triangle. This happens on every power-on, with or without the charging cable. After a short while (I didn't note how long, less than a couple minutes) the status light on top turns off. Prior to that, it starts blue (at power-on), switches to purple (both red and blue, technically) when the icon shows, then red while "charging." Then it shuts off. Anyone know how I can even begin to attempt to remedy this? All I've tried (besides repeatedly trying to charge it) is using the "Update" button, but that did nothing. Any advice?

If anyone has a nandroid backup of the stock ROM I'd REALLY appreciate getting my hands on it. As of now all my efforts to resurrect this tablet have gone no where.

I would be happy to help you out if we can solve my power issue! Once I make a backup of my own, that is.....

kurdupelll

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So I have tried using a xbox and a ps3 controller with no luck. What do I need? I thought ice cream sandwhich had native support for controllers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress