Next book resets live wallpaper and keyboard annoying

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
How can I fix this, I setup this nextbook 8 inch $99 Walmart tablet the way I want, do what I gotta don't, shut it off and turn it on the next day to find the default wallpaper, the beautiful widget clock I setup and SwiftKey all replaced with the default crap, it does it every time I shut it off and turn it on the next time. Other than this, this tablet is great, I surf the Web and check email, and it awesome for just that. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using AC Forums mobile app

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Are you powering it off, or just turning off the display? If you are powering it off, there really is no need to do that, in my opinion, unless you are planning for it to be off for several days. I never power my tablets off unless I'm trying a reboot or something.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Good point, I never really thought of just turning the display off. But to answer your question, I am powering the devise completely off, and I've noticed it seems to not like third party apps that will. Live wallpapers, and beautiful widgets, it won't load the widgets up as the tablet boots back up. I can place a still image wallpaper and it will load everything. SwiftKey keyboard, it replaces it with the stock keyboard everytime at startup.

I'll try just not turning it off.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using AC Forums mobile app

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
When I said "load everything" I meant it will load the still image wallpaper everything. I've also got some book marked Web pages on my home screen that disappear and reappear off and on. It's a buggy tablet, but it browses the Internet pretty will, so I can tolerate out for a while.