Sero 7 Pro - Installing apps from Google Play

ssobol

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I got a Sero 7 Pro from Walmart. It operates fine and has the latest build of Android on it. However, I have a great deal of difficulty downloading and installing apps from Google Play. Usually, I select the app I want and the permissions popup appears. I accept that and then the down load animation on the Google Play page starts. However, it does not show any progress and the down load indicator on the status bar does not appear. If I shut off the tablet and turn it back on, then it will often complete the download and install the app

However, some apps will get stuck some where in the download and stay there (e.g. Android Keyboard). Restarting the device will not clear this problem. Downloading a Google product (Chrome, Gmail, Search, etc.) will give me a package file invalid message when the download completes.

I am using the Sero 7 Pro out of the box (I have not disabled anything). It sets up my Google account when it initializes the first time. I have looked on the net and tried all the solutions that I can find, but the problem remains. I have also done a factory reset and this does not change anything.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 using the same network and have no problems installing or updating apps.

Has anyone found a good solution to this problem? If I can't fix it, I'm returning the tablet.

cinner74

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm also getting the "Package file is invalid" message on my Sero 7 Pro (updated) when trying to update to the following app versions: Kindle Ver. 4.2.0, Gmail Ver. 4.5.2-714156 & Google Play Books Ver. 2.9.21. Anyone else having this problem/found a fix?

Thanks in advance!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2