Throttled for life on straight talk

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
On the first month of my ST Sim, AT&T, I was throttled...no surprise, I used over 150 mb in a day. Didn't come anywhere close to 2gb "limit" for the month though. Now after many phone calls they told me I was throttled for life with their company!!!! Has anyone else had this experience? Or does anyone know what I could do?? This just seems ludicrous....

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
On the first month of my ST Sim, AT&T, I was throttled...no surprise, I used over 150 mb in a day. Didn't come anywhere close to 2gb "limit" for the month though. Now after many phone calls they told me I was throttled for life with their company!!!! Has anyone else had this experience? Or does anyone know what I could do?? This just seems ludicrous....

Haven't used their services, but this is ludicrous. Do they expect you to update all your apps over wifi? So, they are going to complain if you update/choose to install three apps at 50 MB each? And 50 MB isn't all that big anymore. Seems like poor service, especially if someone gets a smartphone through them.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Lol. This company is a joke. You get what you pay for. You need to switch services as it would be foolish for you to stay. I hope you don't need your number ported cause they will loose it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying this to be mean or anything but you get what you pay for. Plus it's pretty public on the data rules for strait talk. Don't go over 100 megs a day or 2gigs a month. If you do not wanna worry about your data then I'd get a post paid att account. Otherwise pay a little more and use red pocket or H2O wireless. It's $65 a month for 2gigs of data and unlimited talk and text.
That's what I would do.

Sent from my HTC One

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not saying this to be mean or anything but you get what you pay for. Plus it's pretty public on the data rules for strait talk. Don't go over 100 megs a day or 2gigs a month. If you do not wanna worry about your data then I'd get a post paid att account. Otherwise pay a little more and use red pocket or H2O wireless. It's $65 a month for 2gigs of data and unlimited talk and text.
That's what I would do.

Sent from my HTC One

Thanks for the input. The thing that chaps me is being throttled for the duration of my stay with ST. It seems most folks have the throttled lifted after the next billing cycle. I wonder if it is because I am using an AT&T Sim? Something seems to be going in with ST and AT&T Sims right now.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input. The thing that chaps me is being throttled for the duration of my stay with ST. It seems most folks have the throttled lifted after the next billing cycle. I wonder if it is because I am using an AT&T Sim? Something seems to be going in with ST and AT&T Sims right now.

YEs it is only with att SIMs. If you get a Tmo SIM then you should not have any problems. You could port over to Net10 but its owned by the same company and they only give you 1.5gigs of data for their unlimited plan. But you still can not stream any type of data from my understanding. Net10 is great but like anything else its not for everyone. If I was in your shoes and I had to go prepaid red pocket is what I would look at next. I also understand your issue as well.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
But you still can not stream any type of data from my understanding.

I have Net10 and have been able to stream you tube anytime I want. Though I'm not a heavy data user and probably never have used more than 50MB in a day, and average more like 10MB -- 20MB a day. The speeds aren't stellar on Net10 1 mbps -- 2 mbps, but the AT&T network coverage was so much better for me than Tmobile, especially indoors, that I'm happy with their service.

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
YEs it is only with att SIMs. If you get a Tmo SIM then you should not have any problems. You could port over to Net10 but its owned by the same company and they only give you 1.5gigs of data for their unlimited plan. But you still can not stream any type of data from my understanding. Net10 is great but like anything else its not for everyone. If I was in your shoes and I had to go prepaid red pocket is what I would look at next. I also understand your issue as well.

What towers do red pocket use? I am not familiar with them. TMobile gets horrid reception in my area, not really an option.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
What towers do red pocket use? I am not familiar with them. TMobile gets horrid reception in my area, not really an option.

Red Pocket is an att only prepaid carrier. They just have much clearer rules and guide lines to follow.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Just get aio wireless. It's owned by att and has great customer service. I have them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The new GoPhone plans look nice too! June 20th is when we will see them. Well hopefully. Could be a nice alternative.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The new GoPhone plans look nice too! June 20th is when we will see them. Well hopefully. Could be a nice alternative.

Go Phone is still pricey at $65 a month for 1GB of data, but you do get LTE access. I think Net10 is the cheapest AT&T MVNO at $50 a month for 1.5GB of data. You can go auto pay for $45 or buy top-off cards on eBay for under $40.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Go Phone is still pricey at $65 a month for 1GB of data, but you do get LTE access. I think Net10 is the cheapest AT&T MVNO at $50 a month for 1.5GB of data. You can go auto pay for $45 or buy top-off cards on eBay for under $40.

I hear they are pretty much matching the Tmo prepaid pricing. So it could be a lot better after the 20th.

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if AT&T is going to be offering a lower cost no contract plan any time soon?

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if AT&T is going to be offering a lower cost no contract plan any time soon?

The new AT&T Gophone plans go have been announced its $60 a month for unlimited talk and text and 2GB of data If you need more data you can keep adding $10 for an additional 1GB of data

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
The new AT&T Gophone plans go have been announced its $60 a month for unlimited talk and text and 2GB of data If you need more data you can keep adding $10 for an additional 1GB of data

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Does the go phone option support unlocked phones such as my Nexus 4?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante