Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MMS file size limit on Aio/Cricket?

I have been trying to send an animated gif to a stupid iPhone on Verizon, using Textra with MMS size set to no limit, from Aio/Cricket and it has repeatedly failed even though I have set the size all the way down to 300 KB hoping Textra could compress it.

So I looked for Aio's limit in the terms and conditions. They say they can prohibit a large file through MMS but I didn't see a file size specified. So I initiated a chat, and that was hopeless, she wasn't even reading my replies (she said it wouldn't send because my speed is 500 MB (!!!))

So, I saw this, https://forums.att.com/t5/Other-Phon...t/td-p/3376361 and I'm guessing if postpaid AT&T limits to 300 KB then Aio certainly would too. But this article is old, does anyone know if it is still the case? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: MMS file size limit on Aio/Cricket?

You animated gif will become a static pic after compress even if it gets sent so use email it to preserver the animation.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: MMS file size limit on Aio/Cricket?

Oh, OK. Thanks.