ZTE Valet: Can You Post the Pictures and Videos It Takes?

slk230red

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's what you should get. In my case, they gave me ~9x of each because of an error on Tracphone's end....not complaining. ;-]

Lucky you, after I transferred my minutes from the old phone, I purchased a year card and received my triple minutes....nice! Haven't tried my data yet, keep it turned off and just use wifi. Not sure how much it will use to check email, etc.

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Lucky you, after I transferred my minutes from the old phone, I purchased a year card and received my triple minutes....nice! Haven't tried my data yet, keep it turned off and just use wifi. Not sure how much it will use to check email, etc.

More than you would guess! I mainly use WiFi (need a strong signal I'm finding) but have used mobile data some. When you do try it, Data usage in system settings gives you a graphical display of cumulative use over a time period which you can select/adjust. It also shows below this bar charts of data use by app. For me, mail use- even with mail app set to d/l only headers and no pixs- is 40-50% of Total. Example: from 1/18/14 to 2/6/14, I used about 36.3 MB in about a total of 4 short sessions. 17.8 MB was for e-mail, mainly headers (seems high, only d/ld the full message for a few) and 6.5 MB for the stock browser. I just found out if you tap the bar for each app shown, you can view the app settings and also restrict that app in getting 'background' data and to only use Non-mobile networks if available. Need to try that next time I do mobile data use.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
More than you would guess! I mainly use WiFi (need a strong signal I'm finding) but have used mobile data some. When you do try it, Data usage in system settings gives you a graphical display of cumulative use over a time period which you can select/adjust. It also shows below this bar charts of data use by app. For me, mail use- even with mail app set to d/l only headers and no pixs- is 40-50% of Total. Example: from 1/18/14 to 2/6/14, I used about 36.3 MB in about a total of 4 short sessions. 17.8 MB was for e-mail, mainly headers (seems high, only d/ld the full message for a few) and 6.5 MB for the stock browser. I just found out if you tap the bar for each app shown, you can view the app settings and also restrict that app in getting 'background' data and to only use Non-mobile networks if available. Need to try that next time I do mobile data use.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

I don't question a single fact, display or setting that you mention, but my overall impression is exactly the opposite. I am surprised at how much I can do with very little mobile data usage. This is probably because I can't be bothered to look at email when I am away from WiFi. I take lots of pictures that I post to Instagram, Facebook, etc., I check in with Foursquare everywhere I go and upload a picture too and I track my drives in the car and dog walks with 2 other apps. I've barely made a dent in the 2 GB of data that I bought (with a data card). I don't have any quantitative data to support my impression. By the way, I do concur that you need a strong WiFi signal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

slk230red

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I've barely made a dent in the 2 GB of data that I bought (with a data card). I don't have any quantitative data to support my impression. By the way, I do concur that you need a strong WiFi signal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Well that sounds encouraging. I'm starting off with 3.64 GB of data, so I'll have to check my email a few times to see how much I use.