Google Play access

commonplace

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I know it's not Google certified and isn't coming with the Google Play Store, but since it's "open".. shouldn't it be easily rooted, etc. and getting access to the Play Store pretty simple? Or...?

ioo

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
It will likely be hacked, and pretty quick, but doing so might mean no access to the Ouya app store.

Mitri360

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
How would you go about sideloading apps? Games? Etc. I'm debating on getting this and I hook my gs3 to my tv to play but that's an inconvenience. So would this be able to pay games like modern combat? And online?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

kingcolex

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
How would you go about sideloading apps? Games? Etc. I'm debating on getting this and I hook my gs3 to my tv to play but that's an inconvenience. So would this be able to pay games like modern combat? And online?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

It's open so just a usb stick with the apk's on them. Also i doubt Ouya will ban you from the Ouya store for anything, they are pushing the whole rootable and hackable as a selling point.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine, and there seems to be no way to mount a USB stick. I did download the PlayStore APK, but I think some additional services are missing, it doesn't start.

Ali Fazel

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Just got mine, and there seems to be no way to mount a USB stick. I did download the PlayStore APK, but I think some additional services are missing, it doesn't start.

You probably need to download gaaps and pull out all the APKs, then push them to /system/apps. Some of the files will be libs as well, I believe. If you look inside the flashable package, it should give you a pretty good idea of what directory to push them to.

Last I remember, you could find them at Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The easiest way to side load a app right now is to download with teh browser and then open the APK from the downloads section via the Settings menu.

There are a few threads of apps and games that have been found to work fine.