Pros and cons of the Droid Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Possibly Some Concrete Bionic Info

If it is the Galaxy SII (Verizon's version) you can count on it performing better than the Bionic. Nothing can compete with the Galaxy SII and I don't say that because i want it. Its just that Samsung has nailed the hardware/software combo like nobody's business.

Peeps are complaining about the Droid 3 and its lagginess now. I'm convinced its Motorola's UI aka blur that is the culprit. Couple that with CrapTop and you have a dog. Maybe I will be wrong but I'm not counting on the Bionic to be a very smooth device.

Sent from my Droid

What peeps are that? Its clear you want the gs2. You have no clue what vzw wiwill do to it like they do to all other samsungs. I'm going to laugh when they dumb it down like the fascinate and all the fanboys are crying. Guess once both the bionic and gs2 r out on vzw we will see how each is performance wise.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Funny, my peeps have said the Droid 3 is awesome...

Different forums including AC people are complaining, for lack of a better word, about the lag. They are basically saying it's slower than what they expected but can deal with it. I'm going to use one for a bit to see how it runs.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

What peeps are that? Its clear you want the gs2. You have no clue what vzw wiwill do to it like they do to all other samsungs. I'm going to laugh when they dumb it down like the fascinate and all the fanboys are crying. Guess once both the bionic and gs2 r out on vzw we will see how each is performance wise.
If they mess with it thats a whole other story but until we find that out the Galaxy SII is the Android handset to beat right now. There's a reason the hype is huge for the S2. It's a butter smooth beast. If that changes when it hits VZW we'll have that discussion.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

If it is the Galaxy SII (Verizon's version) you can count on it performing better than the Bionic. Nothing can compete with the Galaxy SII and I don't say that because i want it. Its just that Samsung has nailed the hardware/software combo like nobody's business.

Peeps are complaining about the Droid 3 and its lagginess now. I'm convinced its Motorola's UI aka blur that is the culprit. Couple that with CrapTop and you have a dog. Maybe I will be wrong but I'm not counting on the Bionic to be a very smooth device.

Sent from my Droid

About 95% pf the droid 3 reviews i've read have said its not laggy at all. But that wouldn't paint Moto in a bad light, so it must be the 5% who are right. And how much experience do you have with the new Blur that makes you convinced that's what causes the perceived laginess?
And could you PLEASE stop complaining about how much craptop(I don't like it either) slows down the bionic when we have no idea how much it will affect it. Thanx

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

About 95% pf the droid 3 reviews i've read have said its not laggy at all. But that wouldn't paint Moto in a bad light, so it must be the 5% who are right. And how much experience do you have with the new Blur that makes you convinced that's what causes the perceived laginess?
And could you PLEASE stop complaining about how much craptop(I don't like it either) slows down the bionic when we have no idea how much it will affect it. Thanx

Its because he is getting the gs2 and is another oone who likes to talk down other phones. Idk why people act how they do not everyone wants the same phone as you so for you to come on a forum for aa particular phone which you have no clue how it will perform is very humorous. And they said webtop only takes up memory when in use so how will iit slow it down if you never use it? Do tell maybe the 5% of bad reviews mean the phone is a failure. Smh

Reactions: robwilldominate

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm not talking about reviews. I'm talking about actual end users comments.

In regards to experience w/ the new blur and what convinces me thats whats causing the lagginess. I have limited experience on it. The X2 has very capable hardware yet it lags like nobody's business, early video of Photon shows redraws and slight lag, D3 is getting complaints of lagginess. What do they all share? Blur. So thats why I'm convinced it must be their UI/proprietary files. If the D3 runs smooth I will stand corrected but I can only base my >>>>>>>>>>>>opinion<<<<<<<<<<<< on things I'm seeing being reported.

I'll stop complaining about CrapTop once Motorola ditches it :)

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

In regards to experience w/ the new blur and what convinces me thats whats causing the lagginess. I have limited experience on it. The X2 has very capable hardware yet it lags like nobody's business, early video of Photon shows redraws and slight lag, D3 is getting complaints of lagginess. What do they all share? Blur. So thats why I'm convinced it must be their UI/proprietary files. If the D3 runs smooth I will stand corrected but I can only base my >>>>>>>>>>>>opinion<<<<<<<<<<<< on things I'm seeing being reported.

I'll agree on the X2's performance. Utter crap for a dual core. Problem there I think is very unoptimized software as they just wanted to release the phone and knew there wouldn't be much fanfare for it anyway. I'm sure once it gets its Gingerbread update it will be running the new Blur that the D3 and Bionic have and be way better optimized. The Droid 3 though is definitely an improvement and was very fast.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

How can you say that? If the bionic has a 1.5 Ghz vs a 1Ghz with its 1GB of ram, it will be faster, plus, if it is the 4460(with a full 500Mhz more power) and if it is unlockable (fingers crossed) then we can OC it much farther with a better power usage. If you read the specs on the 4460, it has a better power management system (or whatever you want to call it). I really hope for the 4460 because it will make the phone better and a longer lasting system. I will perfectly happy with the 4430 but the 4460 would make this the phone of the year by a thousand miles. The GS2 wouldn't stand a chance.

Because you don't know anything about binning. You're only looking at one number and that's 1.5GHz, which it probably wouldn't be clocked at in a phone for power efficiency purposes. Plus, you failed to read my post. Motorola DOES NOT use the same spec'd chips you will find, so all of your specs are irrelevant. To understand what I was saying you have to know about binning, which is somewhat difficult to explain. Basically, it takes a chip and connects it to a machine that can control each individual pin. The machine determines how fast it runs, power consumption, and temperature. To stay relevant, the ones that can run 1.5GHz efficiently are labeled 4460, the ones that run 1.5GHz inefficiently are the 4430s and are ran at a lower speed, in this case 1GHz. So, like I said, there will be a small performance boost (at least before OC), but it's mostly for marketing purposes. In a basic sense, they are the same chip if binned, though.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

When i say reviews I am talking about the ones from people who actually own the phone, not the ones from websites that play with it for a day and write something up.
I'll have to take your word on the X2, i haven't used one or read much about it. Early videos of the Photon? you seem intelligent enough to not really base a phones performance off videos showing up before its released so I don't know why you would mention that. And about the D3, like i've said, 95% of what i've read has been positive.
And i guess you'll be complaining about craptop until you're old and feeble and can barely type. Perhaps you should start a thread on it, that's what people have done for the pentile screen complaining.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'll agree on the X2's performance. Utter crap for a dual core. Problem there I think is very unoptimized software as they just wanted to release the phone and knew there wouldn't be much fanfare for it anyway. I'm sure once it gets its Gingerbread update it will be running the new Blur that the D3 and Bionic have and be way better optimized.
very good points.

Sent from my Droid

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm not going to disagree with you, but I believe there to be several other variables involved that we would have to look at in each case before we completely condemn blur. I've spent a while with the D3, and I have a pretty positive impression of it. It's not without its flaws, but a speedy device over all. I'm not ashamed to say I have my eye on the SGSII myself, though. <.<

Reactions: robwilldominate

robwilldominate

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm not going to disagree with you, but I believe there to be several other variables involved that we would have to look at in each case before we completely condemn blur. I've spent a while with the D3, and I have a pretty positive impression of it. It's not without its flaws, but a speedy device over all. I'm not ashamed to say I have my eye on the SGSII myself, though. <.<

Thank you. A personal observation that is reasonable without being biased.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
When i say reviews I am talking about the ones from people who actually own the phone, not the ones from websites that play with it for a day and write something up.
I'll have to take your word on the X2, i haven't used one or read much about it. Early videos of the Photon? you seem intelligent enough to not really base a phones performance off videos showing up before its released so I don't know why you would mention that. And about the D3, like i've said, 95% of what i've read has been positive.
And i guess you'll be complaining about craptop until you're old and feeble and can barely type. Perhaps you should start a thread on it, that's what people have done for the pentile screen complaining.

Yeah well I've watched enough pre release videos to know that what you see is what you get. Things are revealed on video if you know what to look for and you watched enough of them :) but you are right I can't base my entiire opinion off of one video which is why I said I would like to take the Droid 3 for a test drive. Even then its not an indication how the Bionic will run. We will have to wait for that.

I hope I'm still not complaining about craptop when I'm old and feeble. Hopefully they will have moved on from it and scrapped that nonsense lol
Sent from my Droid

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I do look forward to using the Droid 3 its my little boys big brother :)

Sent from my Droid

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

If they mess with it thats a whole other story but until we find that out the Galaxy SII is the Android handset to beat right now. There's a reason the hype is huge for the S2. It's a butter smooth beast. If that changes when it hits VZW we'll have that discussion.

CK, how can you say that? The phone hasn't even been released in the US yet so how can you conclude that it's a "butter smooth beast?" Every reviewer so far has raved about the speed and smoothness of the D3, how can you diss it so and rave about a phone that is still overseas? Just asking, cause usually you are a "butter smooth beast" that logically thinks things through...but lately you have turn so anti-Moto and so pro-Samsung??? You're the one telling us to wait a couple weeks and see what problems crop up with the Bionic, shouldn't you (we) do the same for the S2 as well?

robwilldominate

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Yeah well I've watched enough pre release videos to know that what you see is what you get. Things are revealed on video if you know what to look for and you watched enough of them :) but you are right I can't base my entiire opinion off of one video which is why I said I would like to take the Droid 3 for a test drive. Even then its not an indication how the Bionic will run. We will have to wait for that.

I hope I'm still not complaining about craptop when I'm old and feeble. Hopefully they will have moved on from it and scrapped that nonsense lol
Sent from my Droid

You have already said that based on what you have surmised, that the bionic is going to be a dog. Don't backtrack now. You make outlandish predictions on how the bionic is inferior and when you get any resistance you shift in low gear immediately. Same scenario in every thread. with love...Daisy

Last edited:

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
CK, how can you say that? The phone hasn't even been released in the US yet so how can you conclude that it's a "butter smooth beast?" Every reviewer so far has raved about the speed and smoothness of the D3, how can you diss it so and rave about a phone that is still overseas? Just asking, cause usually you are a "butter smooth beast" that logically thinks things through...but lately you have turn so anti-Moto and so pro-Samsung??? You're the one telling us to wait a couple weeks and see what problems crop up with the Bionic, shouldn't you (we) do the same for the S2 as well?

Because I'm speaking about the Galaxy SII in it's current iteration. I told the wrestler of ships that if its indeed changed then its a another ballgame.

If the S2 is changed in anyway you can bet ill be waiting before purchasing. Theoretically speaking if it got overhauled too much I would move on. Adding a slider or curve or angle here and there I could care less. Mess with the internals too much and that will be a deal breaker.

Sent from my Droid

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You have already said that based on what you have surmised, that the bionic is going to be a dog. Don't backtrack now. You make outlandish predictions on how the bionic is inferior and when you get any resistance you shift in low gear immediately. Same scenario in every thread. with love...Daisy

What I surmised is based on assumption right now. Come on Daisy get with the program.

Sent from my Droid

robwilldominate

May 25, 2011
Visit site

What I surmised is based on assumption right now. Come on Daisy get with the program.

Sent from my Droid
Yet you make predictions so definitively when it comes to negative feedback pertaining to th bionic. Anything positive posted about the bionic, you approach with the utmost caution. Your bias is too easy to see. You bring up valid points, but your negative leaps kind of cancels that out. Thanks for keeping these threads alive though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress