2nd Try - Please help me choose

nathaniz

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Trying to decide between:
Nexus S 4G - Like it, would get it
Moto Photon 4g - Like it less, would get it - seems packed with good stuff - screen issues?
GS2E4GT - Like it, would get it, but pricey for my budget

What I care about:
Speed (navigation, not download)
Storage - having enough RAM/ROM
Multi-tasking
Functionality (not having to wait between phone calls, being able to jump from app to text, etc., etc.
Provider support/upgrade-ability (ICS and beyond to the degree it's reasonable to expect).
After 1 year, ease of root, ROM availability

Currently have HTC Hero, rooted, running cm7.1.0 - pushing it beyond its capability - making me nuts.
I want to avoid HTC because they killed support for my Hero within 1 year of my purchasing it at premium price. No reason to believe they won't do it again with another currently premium priced phone.

Given the above:
If price is no issue, which of these three would you choose?
If price is an issue, which of these three would you choose?

I would really appreciate your views and opinions. I just can't decide once and for all.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the NS4G and after coming from a UI overlay device its a nice change. We will have official ICS soon and already have a good half dozen custom ICS roms based on official source. It runs smooth, plenty of options available being pure Google.

Battery is as good or better than most. Only down fall is not having as card expandability. Your limited to the 16 GB actually about 13+ of usable space. Price, very inexpensive if not free from some deals.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: nathaniz

nathaniz

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Paul627g. I am definitely leaning strongly toward the NS4G for the reasons you confirm.
I have the 16 GB Asus Transformer and with plenty of whiz bang apps and fun, I still have 9 GB left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress