moto x vs note 3

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
These phones are very different and are targeted for very different kinds of users.
You're going to have to sacrifice a few things by choosing each device, you need to decide which of those things you need more
Also, if you're thinking about how much a phone is going to be worth when you're done with it, you're doing it wrong :p

AgentScribe

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think you answered your own question. Based on your pros/cons list, it seems you'd go Note 3. But, as a Note 3 owner, maybe I'm a bit biased. Also, seems you're looking for somebody from the Moto X community to give you reason to go with the X rather than the 3.

Either way, I imagine you'll be happy with your decision.

BTW, is it a normal "thing" for people to purchase two phones to test them out and return one or the other (or both?) within the return policy window? I've never thought of that.

I have owned and used both the moto x and note 3. Tomorrow is my last day of the 14 day return policy at AT&T and I have to keep one of these two phones.
Can you moto x owners tell me why you personally like the moto x over something like the Note 3 or G2 etc.
Both are great phones. I know that some may have went moto simply because they hate touch wiz. I don't hate touch wiz nor do I looooove touch wiz. I can take it or leave it, so touchwiz or no touchwiz isn't my deciding factor.
Positives:
Note 3 screen is amazing! and very High resale value are the only reasons I am leaning toward the Note 3.
'Stock' android, Touchless controls, active display, always listening, and the LOUD speaker are reasons I like the X.

Negatives:

Note 3: touchwiz, though I don't dislike it, changes the OS dramatically from stock. Its almost as if samsung and google are fighting on the same phone.
4.4 could be a year from now.

Moto x: very low resale value, screen color isn't as accurate as Note 3...
4.7" is almost too small (prefer 5" +) Camera isn't as good as note 3.

ugh. I can't make my brain convince me one is better than the other. Help?
I posted a similar thread a while back, got zero responses.. not sure why, if I titled this moto x vs iphone I'd get 8000 responses..

(p.s.) I posted this here because some samsung owners are samsung fanboys that are worse than iPhone fanboys. ;p

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
To me it sounds like all your positives for the Note 3 revolve around aesthetics, whereas your positives for the Moto X hinge on its practicality.

So, are you going to use your phone? Or are you just interested in looking at it? The answer to that might make your decision easier.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
BTW, is it a normal "thing" for people to purchase two phones to test them out and return one or the other (or both?) within the return policy window? I've never thought of that

I would rather pay 1-2 restock fees of $35 than be stuck with a phone for 2 years that I am not happy with. For me, it's normal lol

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
To me it sounds like all your positives for the Note 3 revolve around aesthetics, whereas your positives for the Moto X hinge on its practicality.

So, are you going to use your phone? Or are you just interested in looking at it? The answer to that might make your decision easier.

You are correct. The note is beautiful, the screen is amazing, I do think the Note is just an over all amazing device. It deserves the title Flagship.
When I boil down what I actually USE on a phone, the moto x just works better. I like the hands free, the moto connect on chrome, etc.
I did go moto x. I generally don't keep any phone for more than 6 months. I will get bored and sell it on cragslist / ebay and buy something else.

I do think I will be happy with the moto for that long. By then, if nothing new is out, I will most likely buy another Note 3 and keep it 4-6 months.
Who knows. Maybe moto will release a moto x 2 in 4-6 months. When it comes to android there is no shortage of choice.
you could buy any one of the flagships from HTC, LG, Moto, Sony, or Samsung and be making the right choice. They all rock.

I am an iPhone convert, so all this choice is like letting a child loose in Willy Wonka's Choc Factory. I want one of everything.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
So, slightly related post.

I need help deciding between a BMW 335i and an Infiniti QX56. Can someone help?

Just like Samsung phones, infinity's are ugly, and like the Moto X BMW's are a pain to work on.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app