Would would the 5.5 iPhone need for you to leave the note line?

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I posted a similar thread on iMore, they aren't used to have discussions about multiple devices. I was instantly labeled as a troll and not one person was able to tell me why they would choose the 5.5 iPhone 6 over the Note 4.

I've been a big fan of the note series, the multi-tasking on the note 4 really piques my interest. Not to mention quad HD super Amoled, "evolved widgets" , removable battery, SD card slot, IR blaster, etc...

However there is something about iPhones, the build and fluid operation is almost unmatched. iOS8 looks promising and a 5.5" iPhone is very enticing

When you post in opposing forums things like that happen. I like the Note series, but I could explain to you many reasons why I would choose and iPhone over it. Not to say that the iPhone is better for everyone, but it is better for me.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Iphone 6 hate to say it is a game changer. Less laggy than touch wiz, smooth, way more storage, cheaper, thinner... The only thing I would miss is the customization... That one hurts right there. But other than that. Samsung isn't going to be able to keep up with that. I'll them both and see though.

Posted via Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
As much as I hate iOS, that iPhone 6 Plus was awful pretty....but still won't switch. I like being able to attach things with ease. I do wish however that Samsung gave a quicker release date and price :( looks like i'm buying the Note 4 off contract and selling my HTC One :)

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Nothing. I mean seriously, it still has an 8 mp camera. Apple finally has a phone with a big screen and nfc. Whoop dee doo. Even mid grade android phones have had these features for years. Apple is so tired, I can't believe their customers just eat this stuff up like it's the latest greatest thing.

furiousyellow

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
SD slot

Drag and drop

No iTunes gate

Allow emulators on iTunes

Better app management

None of the above is happening.

I like my iPad Air 128GB a lot, but would not like my phone constrained like that.

Also have a Note 2014, but prefer the iPad due to better battery life and MAME is a LOT smoother on the Air.

Nice summary. I have to admit I was a little tempted to switch back to iPhone based on the iWatch presentation, but this reminds me why I switched to Android/Samsung in the first place.

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Good summary. There are pluses and minuses with both... But customization is definitely key. I love being able to customize my screen using different launchers to make things look fresh

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Nothing. I mean seriously, it still has an 8 mp camera. Apple finally has a phone with a big screen and nfc. Whoop dee doo. Even mid grade android phones have had these features for years. Apple is so tired, I can't believe their customers just eat this stuff up like it's the latest greatest thing.

I can't believe people just look at one spec of a phone and right it off. If u knew anything about the 8mp camera u would know it'll probably be one of the best cameras this year. But thanks for trying to bash apple for no reason.

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I ditched my iphone 5 two weeks ago in favour of a S5. I must admit I had slight doubts afterwards whether I should have waited to see what the iphone 6 had to offer as it was so close to being released. Well I needn't have worried, I can't see anything really to draw me back to it at this stage. Still a 8 megapixel camera! I know megapixels are not everything but come on. No matter how they dress it up with this added feature/spec to the camera it's still 8 megapixels!

I really think apple should focus on what people want. Why are they so obsessed with thinness at the sacrifice of battery life and protruding camera lenses!

As long as the droves of isheep keep lapping up this sort of nonsense the more apple will continue down this path.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Well nothing I've seen today would make me pick iPhone 5.5...

I'm the same. I couldn't watch the live steam as it was atrocious but it was really lack lustre. I was much more amped after watching the note 4 event. This Keynote has not left me feeling interested in the slightest.

The resolution on the 4.7 inch is shockingly poor and the 5.5 inch is just ok when compared to the likes of the note 4 and LG G3. I know that mega pixels are not everything and maybe the camera on the iPhone will be good but I already have a great camera on my S5 and the note 4 will be just as good and most likely even better. This has made me question whether I want to still own any Apple products.

I can replace my ipad with the galaxy tab pro 10.1 . My Apple TV with the Amazon Fire TV as they have just rolled out support for android devices. The whole platform just seems stale to me.

Posted from my S5

l3uddz

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe people just look at one spec of a phone and right it off. If u knew anything about the 8mp camera u would know it'll probably be one of the best cameras this year. But thanks for trying to bash apple for no reason.

Love how they claim it has the best mobile screen in the world, and yet the note 4 has an extra 100ppi more lol. Note 4 will have 160gb space with a 128gb sd card and replaceable battery's. I for one am pretty dead set on the note 4.
Also iphone 6 probably has 1gb ram... The watch was interesting though...

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Iphone 6 hate to say it is a game changer. Less laggy than touch wiz, smooth, way more storage, cheaper, thinner... The only thing I would miss is the customization... That one hurts right there. But other than that. Samsung isn't going to be able to keep up with that. I'll them both and see though.

It's certainly not cheaper, nor does it have more memory than the note 4 (32GB plus 128 GB micro SD) .

Posted from my S5

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
- Android
- removable battery
- SD card slot
- custom launchers
- custom keyboards
- custom ROMS
- S Pen
- beautiful 550 ppi SAmoled screen
- min 3 gig of RAM
- powerful CPU/GPU
- smaller bezels
- QHD

I'm too tired to find even more but overall yeah that's the main things

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
iOS is becoming stale. There was nothing on the presentation that made me think I want that phone. I had hoped those bezels would have gone or at least be thinned down. Are apple that short of design ideas that they are going back to the old rounded designs of the 3g and 3gs? I can't wait for the iphone 7, it will look just like the phone 4!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
A free Mac Book Po Air i7 retina 15.4", 700 for my Note 3, an iPad mini, an iPod touch 32gb, 1000 worth of apple credit - then I might consider it.
I never had anything Apple. Doesn't mean to say I may not like it. :cool:

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
No I'll stick to my Note 3. Just because the phone is bigger doesn't change the OS running on it. If you like Android you won't like iOS just because they made the display larger. I switched from iPhone to Android and I haven't liked using iOS since the change.

BobLobIaw

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I posted a similar thread on iMore, they aren't used to have discussions about multiple devices. I was instantly labeled as a troll and not one person was able to tell me why they would choose the 5.5 iPhone 6 over the Note 4.

I've been a big fan of the note series, the multi-tasking on the note 4 really piques my interest. Not to mention quad HD super Amoled, "evolved widgets" , removable battery, SD card slot, IR blaster, etc...

However there is something about iPhones, the build and fluid operation is almost unmatched. iOS8 looks promising and a 5.5" iPhone is very enticing

In their defense, the "convince me" style posts are usually viewed as troll posts from an outsider. I think if you had presented it differently they might have been a little nicer.

BobLobIaw

May 12, 2014
Visit site
The 5.5" iPhone BBW looks pretty nice but if I were to switch from Windows Phone I'd probably go with the Note 4. That being said, I'd like to give both of them a test drive before deciding.

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Some of you guys are entirely too focused on specs. "8MP camera??? Pffft". "Only a 1080p screen??? Pffft"

It isn't about the specs. It's about the experience and the results. I'm not saying your opinions are invalid, or incorrect. But base them on whether or not the experience you want is there, not because the new iPhone doesn't come with 3GB of RAM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87