htc or samsung

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I like HTC but I've only been using Nexus and Samsung phones. If it's not a Nexus I want a SD card and removable battery.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Forum needs a "dislike" button please. Seriously......

Seriously dude, GS3 = GS4 = GS5 = SG6? Samsung has bored me into a coma, they don't deserve my business anymore. Complacency will ruin a company...I'm not alone, their profits are tanking.

Ready for my first HTC!!! Weeeeeee!!!!!! Lets go baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Seriously dude, GS3 = GS4 = GS5 = SG6? Samsung has bored me into a coma, they don't deserve my business anymore. Complacency will ruin a company...I'm not alone, their profits are tanking.

Samsung is making money bro lol.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Samsung is making money bro lol.

LOL...their profits are down 40% in the mobile division last year. That's what happens when you bore the public. Not a fan anymore. My family's given them plenty of business, time to move on.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The S series has not had...let's say..."inspiring" design in the past. I think that can be generally agreed on. However, in '14 Samsung REALLY had some great designs, at least IMO. Being a Samsung fan and a general phone nut I so look forward to see what this year's offerings are gonna be. To me, the Alpha, Note 4, and Note Edge are really nice designs that are kinda exciting, as these things go. That said, I don't expect the S6 to dissapoint.

Last edited:

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

First of all, I am not a "dude" Hence my signature "Margie"...... Secondly, Samsung is one of the top forerunners of successful selling phones and their phones are far from Boring, as they are constantly adding new Innovative Features..... and Thirdly and MOST importantly..... You advised to someone to go with a brand YOU yourself have never even Experienced according to "YOUR" written words....."Ready for my first HTC"

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Having used a Moto G as a 2nd phone with a Note 3, I still honestly find the whole Vanilla Android experience completely tedious and boring. (Moto is not quite Nexus, but it's pretty bare).
I also had experiences with a Nexus 7 for a while.

I would like to try an M8 for a period, and see what Sense is like day to day.

I like HTC's. My first Android smartphone "arousal" was a 2nd gen Desire in a store.
The screen at the time was awesome, but I couldn't afford a contract then.

But with on-screen buttons, sealed battery, no amoled screen (I may like the HTC screen but it doesn't kick derriere in a store) and limited in maximum size, I see the M8 as two thirds of the way between Nexus vanilla and Samsung.

I find and re-discover features still on my Note 3.
Apart from exterior build on this and past devices, Samsung's with their menus and features, and bloatware disabled, are the least boring smartphones by a country mile.

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Having used a Moto G as a 2nd phone with a Note 3, I still honestly find the whole Vanilla Android experience completely tedious and boring. (Moto is not quite Nexus, but it's pretty bare).
I also had experiences with a Nexus 7 for a while.

I would like to try an M8 for a period, and see what Sense is like day to day.

I like HTC's. My first Android smartphone "arousal" was a 2nd gen Desire in a store.
The screen at the time was awesome, but I couldn't afford a contract then.

But with on-screen buttons, sealed battery, no amoled screen (I may like the HTC screen but it doesn't kick derriere in a store) and limited in maximum size, I see the M8 as two thirds of the way between Nexus vanilla and Samsung.

I find and re-discover features still on my Note 3.
Apart from exterior build on this and past devices, Samsung's with their menus and features, and bloatware disabled, are the least boring smartphones by a country mile.

This.

HYJC

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I own a HTC One M8, never used a Samsung device, so can't really judge on the comparison. However, I can point out that the M8 that I used has already had some problems big enough to make me send for repairs within 3 months of purchase (HTC covered the cost, and their customer service was great). Other than that, the phone was great to use.

DevZine

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I have Samsung device, but never have the chance to own an HTC. After reading some of the comments here, I think it's time to move on to HTC.

rykatemom

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I owned multiple HTC devices, on multiple carriers, and found myself consistently frustrated by the devices' inability to meet my needs and desires. While sturdily built, and pretty to look at, they all consistently fell short of my expectations. I switched to Samsung with the S2, owning that, the S3, and the S4 before moving to my favourite phone ever, my Note 4. Samsung isn't perfect either, and until I got to my Note 4 I consistently was looking forward to the next software update or model release. The Note 4 seems to have culminated my experience beautifully, as it is the first time ever that I am not worried about the next software update or model in the line. I will happily use this device until my upgrade in two years, and that's the first time I've said thay about any smart device, all the way back to my Palm Pilot. I've converted my whole family, as well as a number of my friends and colleagues, to Samsung phones and tablets, and all of them report the same preference for the Samsung devices over their old devices.

In the end, like such else in life, these things come very much to personal preference. There's no way to know which one YOU will like best until you have them as your daily driver for a while. Either do the trial period offered by the cell company with an HTC or Samsung of your choosing (strongly recommend the Note 4; the SPen simply cannot be outclassed), and see how it works for you. We pay out too much on these contracts, and our phones are too integrated into our lives not to be running a phone you enjoy using as your daily driver.

Best wishes, and let us know how you fare!

Kelly

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Verizon)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My very first (and last) HTC device was an Evo 4G on Sprint those many moons ago. Since then I've always found something from Samsung or Apple or Motorola... or LG that I liked better than anything HTC had out. I'm a fan of S Pen-having devices. They seem... complete.

♻from the Note 3🔥

EPGames

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I've had long experience with Samsung phones and I discourage them. I don't have any experience with HTC phones, but for what I've seen I liked it. I think it's a good brand.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
what is wrong with Samsung? I have one and love it the only gripe is no auto correct and I can not install a different keyboard. That is it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38