Note 5 vs Note 4 discussion

If they had been released at the same time, would you get a Note 4 or Note 5?

• Total voters

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Here is a poll that I think the Note 5 might win; even though I'm personally voting for the Note 4. In fact, it's the fact that I prefer my current Note 4 over the Note 5 that got me thinking about this and creating this poll.

If the Note 4 and Note 5 had both been released and available at the same time, and both offered at their original respective prices on the same carriers, would you have bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or a Samsung Galaxy Note 5?

Please note that I am just interested in these two phones -- for obvious reasons -- although of course feel free to make comments about other phones in the comments section. But it just that, even though it has some appealing features, I personally find the Note 5 an overall step down from the Note 4 and wanted to know if anyone else thinks that, too.

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Note 4

I have several reasons but latest that I have added is for root reasons. I cannot imagine my TiBU and nandroids on the internal volume. Suicide.

Sent from Samsung's real flagship device

enrico_rusli

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Note 4 because it will have longer battery life. It will be a lot cheaper too. I dont care if it's plastic or metal, i will put a case on it anyway. The glass back is very slippery and fingerprinty that it is nearly impossible to hold without using a case. The note 4's plastic is a lot better

Posted via the Android Central App

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Note 4 because it will have longer battery life. It will be a lot cheaper too. I dont care if it's plastic or metal, i will put a case on it anyway. The glass back is very slippery and fingerprinty that it is nearly impossible to hold without using a case. The note 4's plastic is a lot better

Don't be too quick to assume the battery life is less on the note 5. Got mine today and so far looks like a little better battery life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 easily. The removal of the sd card slot, replacable battery, third mic and IR Blaster, only for the looks? Not my style. My phones go in a case and I don't look at the design of the phone, I look at the screen. Plus, minimal upgrades internally as well. When I bought the GS4 and saw the Note 3 three months later, I disliked the fact I bought the GS4. I waited for the Note 4. Now I look at the Note 5, and I feel even happier with my Note 4.

I was hoping that design of the GS6 would stay with the S line and not make its way to the Note line, but it did. It's unfortunate imo.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The note4 is just flat out awesome, and it is a beautiful phone (if you care about that). I dont care so much about a fingerprint scanner, but i would prob use the one on the 5 more.

Cameras are about the same, so either way is good.

I do like the new spen on the 5, but the 4 is great too.

I like the plastic back on the 4 more than the glass on the 5.

The screens are the same, so lets see if the new processor gives better battery life.

But yes, the note4 appeals to me more than the 5.. even though i could care less about sd cards or removing the battery.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I would go with the Note4 solely on the basis of Storage. I don't care about the battery that much. I've never had to replace the one in my Note2 due to being depleted. I read many of the complaints about the battery and wondered if Samsung downgraded the battery size since the new Lollipop is a full 64bit OS compared to the previous versions. I've read in many places over the years that the 64bit OSs are supposed to be more energy efficient anyway compared to the older 32bit OSs since they perform more functions per clock cycle.

However, for me, I like to keep a lot of files on my phone like documents, music, videos, etc that take up a lot of space. I am not always in the best reception zones fro 4G or even 3G and many times, there just ain't no WiFi around there either.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Note 5, unless you're saying the Note 4 would have the updated specs and software that the Note 5 has, in that case I would take an updated Note 4.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I would buy neither at the moment. The Note 4 had too little internal storage, yes it has microSD and swappable battery but I always purchased a spare battery and never used it so it was a waste. The Note 5 is a much nicer design, but, if we are only getting 32/64GB options then forget it, if I am stuck with no external storage I want 128GB. What they should have done was make 64/128GB the only options. Memory is cheap and they certainly would garner greater enthusiasm for the devices IF they had more storage.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Note 4. No SD card is unforgivable at least for me. I wish they put a better battery in it but maybe the optimization is better...who knows. The note 5 looks better but now there are 2 sides you need to worry about scratching or cracking which means your more likely to cover the nice design with a case. I do like the note pad feature as soon as you pull out the s pen and it goes straight to a note pad.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Note 5

- Better cameras and camera quick launch
- UFS 2.0 storage
- Better fingerprint scanner
- Better S Pen with ability to write with screen off
- WAY better design and looks, by a mile.
- More RAM
- FAST wireless charging capability
- the cool YouTube upload thing (I actually think that will be cool)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC