Need A Phone Now! Screw The Thunderbolt I Jut Got An IPhone!

magikspl

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyway, my plan was to buy this, buy the Tbolt when it comes out for full retail, and sell this one to make up the money gap. Unfortunately, they're starting some crap rule that now if you deactivate the iPhone from your account within the 181 days that you buy it, they charge you the $500 difference. The salesmen said it's to avoid people getting it on 2 years and selling it for double immediately. But it really puts a damper on my plan

That sales person was blowing smoke up your ass. There is no such thing. They don't care if you sell it because you are still paying for the data plan. THAT is where they make their money, not off the stupid handsets.

Reactions: Fire923

joshwa#AC

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I have to say... I did the same thing for about a week and a half. I did enjoy the iphone though. It was a great phone and has a ton of features. However, it does not give you the same feeling as android does. with IOS, I feel locked in a box with 10 sliding doors and no hallway. I can only go forwards and backwards.

But with android, I feel like I'm in the WANK-A-VATOR! :) Just sayin'.

Back to Original Droid for me.... a waiting we will go.

Fire923

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
That sales person was blowing smoke up your ass. There is no such thing. They don't care if you sell it because you are still paying for the data plan. THAT is where they make their money, not off the stupid handsets.

exactly........ it would not matter what kinds of phone you have as long as you have the plan you signed your contract on.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I just had my step-daughter, who bought a iPhone on the first day from Verizon, say: "The iPhone is not all everybody said it was. It's not all that great and mostly hype. It does however play music very well."

You could say the same about any OS really because at the end of the day it's just some code and icons.

What you do with it is what's good or bad. The OS is just a pretty, easy alternative to the command line.

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
It is my honest opinion that the Thunderbolt sales were surpass the iPhone sales. I myself would much rather purchase a new 4G device than a 3G iPhone.

EvoXOhio

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, why would you buy an iPhone 3 months before the new model is released? Especially the iPhone 4, with its ridiculous all glass design and antenna that you can't touch.

You're going to regret this big time. I've had iPhones since the original was launched, and a few weeks ago i bought the HTC Inspire. Hands down the Inspire is better in every way imaginable - bigger screen, better keyboard, better browser, better customization, more flexible, etc.

Target#AC

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

I know, I've never heard of it either. I guess the store my dad decided to start our new Verizon Family Plan at was a Cellular Sales instead of an official Verizon retail, don't know if that makes any difference. They agreed that the rule didn't make much sense, but apparently people who've been buying the iphone on one line and switching it to another line will show up in their systems as a deactivate and they'll get the $500 charge in their system. I may just deactivate it and reactivate another phone really fast one day and see if it happens. I think they were just using scare tactics

TeckSupport05

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I know, I've never heard of it either. I guess the store my dad decided to start our new Verizon Family Plan at was a Cellular Sales instead of an official Verizon retail, don't know if that makes any difference. They agreed that the rule didn't make much sense, but apparently people who've been buying the iphone on one line and switching it to another line will show up in their systems as a deactivate and they'll get the $500 charge in their system. I may just deactivate it and reactivate another phone really fast one day and see if it happens. I think they were just using scare tactics

I work at a retailer and I can tell you its not from verizon, its the actual store. He signed a double contract. The store loses all commission if you change data, phone, or features before 6 months. the store charges you $500 to your credit card, since you took the phone and we lost money from it.

Be careful before you do

Target#AC

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I work at a retailer and I can tell you its not from verizon, its the actual store. He signed a double contract. The store loses all commission if you change data, phone, or features before 6 months. the store charges you $500 to your credit card, since you took the phone and we lost money from it.

Be careful before you do

Thanks for explaining that, makes sense why i'd never heard that before. I still don't know why my dad picked a non-official Verizon retail store for all this, now I have to do all my account stuff through there. And the salesmen were really unhelpful with a lot of my questions. I guess I can hold onto this for 6 months, and see what happens then. Maybe I can persuade my gf to get the thunderbolt and I can just trade her when my 6 months is up

TeckSupport05

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
No you can still go through verizon stores to get help with your account, or 14 days to return the phone. The only real difference between them and corperate stores is that retailers can make price changes on phones to close the sale, except iphones, and corp cant. Besides that, anything you would rarely do like account name changes and social swaps, go through corp and not retailers

mediclang

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Way to jump completely off the Android Ship! I can't stand how locked down the iOS is, and would rather wait to have an Open Development phone that allows me to do so much more with it!

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My Sprint Epic 4g:
Unlock my cool lockscreen (widget locker)
Look at awesome live wallpaper
Look at weather on fancy widget
Play air attack HD

My iPod touch:
Slide lock button to right
look at grid of icons
play angry birds
:p

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
My condolences. Enjoy your walled garden

A walled garden indeed, but at least Apple makes sure the wilted flowers are replaced and fixed ASAP. It may not be as flexible as Android but this phone is built like a brick S*it house. The battery life on the Iphone4 is 100% better than either my Evo or Epic. Trade offs?, Oh yes but at least I have a good working phone now.

Last edited:

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
A walled garden indeed, but at least Apple makes sure and wilted flowers are replaced and fixed ASAP. It may not be as flexible as Android but this phone is built like a brick S*it house. The battery life on the Iphone4 is 100% better than either my Evo or Epic. Trade offs?, Oh yes but at least I have a good working phone now.

And with those things being what is important to you, you made a decision based on your own needs. Enjoy your iphone , and don't forget to check-out the sister forum over at tipb.

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Reactions: AndroidXTC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez