Rooted photon question

gootchimus

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted photon and the wifi tether beta thingy and I am just wondering if there is any recent information on getting it into infrastructure mode so i can use it for my ps3. My ps3 can receive the ip address but nothing else and it's saying there is a dns error. Iv messed around with the settings like doing the nexus one set up and i still receive the ip registration error a few times before it calms down and stays connected. Also fyi im using 3g on account of my not being near a 4gstate tower. Thank you!

CCallahan

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Best luck I have had is to use the latest beta Wireless Tether app and select something like the Galaxy Nexus (CDMA), select Netd (master) as method, and check mss clamping and routing fix. Then, go to Market and dl Data Enabler Widget. Before opening Wireless Tether, click DEW which will disable your 3G, then start WT and enable, then go back out and click DEW to enable your 3G again. I never get any errors when doing this way and connects infrastructure mode. However, I have never tried with my PS3. Hope this helps.

gootchimus

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Iv tried that with the same results iv stated above but could u try with ur ps3 and let me know what your results are id greatly appreciate it thank you.
Ok i v been using the google nexus not the cdma one u suggested when i do the one you suggested i still get the error and when i try to turn the tether off my phone reboots

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11