Pixel C Slows at approx. 29% Battery

steveinvictoria

May 3, 2016
Visit site
When my Pixel C battery level falls to 30 or 29%, it begins to run very slow. Operations that normally happen in fractions of a second, slow to several seconds (pages loading, changes in game screens, etc...). Then approx. 10 minutes later, the power falls to zero and it shuts down, with no warning. I've upgraded to Android V7.0, and there is no change. Any advice?

Mooserman15

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Let it run completely dead. Turn it on again. Repeat until you can no longer turn it on. Then, charge it to 100% without turning it on, then let it sit for a few hours. Turn it on again and tell me if it has improved. It is supposedto slow down at 5%, not 30%.

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Let it run completely dead. Turn it on again. Repeat until you can no longer turn it on. Then, charge it to 100% without turning it on, then let it sit for a few hours. Turn it on again and tell me if it has improved. It is supposedto slow down at 5%, not 30%.

Not sure what this is supposed to do. Could you explain?

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
If it's an issue with the system not reading the battery level correctly or the battery reporting the wrong levels to the OS, that should reset/resync the battery.

To be clear, even if there was something about the phone reporting the wrong percentage and this managed to fix it, the reported problem wouldn't go away--or at least it isn't likely to.

Secondly, The process is not quite correct and you should include a bit of a disclaimer--the procedure carries the risk of some slight reduction in your battery's capacity every time you do this. It shouldn't be done very often. I've done it before and not noticed any difference, but over zealously performing this could give you significantly smaller capacity.

The proper procedure, and explanation for this is here: https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-calibrate-the-battery-on-your-android-device

The more likely answer is that battery saver is turned on.

steveinvictoria

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Cycled it twice as suggested by Mooserman15 who I (...foolishly...?) assumed was associated with Google service. It has made no difference. I sure hope this has not compromised the battery as suggested by Trigati.
"Battery Saver" was not turned on, nor was "Data Saver" activated.
I'll take it up with the Google service folks. I have more than 6 months remaining on warranty.
Thanks for your help.

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't call it foolishly, more like not the most likely cause, and I doubt twice is enough to do any noticeable damage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty