Youtube PIP not working

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
My phone updated to the one ui 6.1 last night and I'm already not happy with the change to the swipe gestures not working like they did before, now sometimes I can get it to do what I want other times it just wants to pull up samsung wallet or the Google assistant.

But today I put a podcast on while I was driving and then went to Google maps and the podcast that was playing on you tube quit playing when before it would go into a small window and I could keep listening to is while doing other things on my phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Mreeveshp

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site

Update Goodlock and PIP should be restored. See YT video.
Thank you looks like that got it
It only does the PIP if I swipe up quick to go home, if I swipe up and hold to go to recent apps it doesn't but I might be able to work with that

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Can try clearing cache and force stop YouTube app , sometimes clearing data then force stop is needed also

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I think it's the way these new gestures work. It will go to PIP only if I go to home screen and then go into my recent apps and go to the one I want. I hope samsung listens to the people and changes the gestures back to how it was. I really don't want to go to the icons at the bottom for home, recent apps, and back. I like them not being on the screen and just swiping the one I need

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think it's the way these new gestures work. It will go to PIP only if I go to home screen and then go into my recent apps and go to the one I want. I hope samsung listens to the people and changes the gestures back to how it was. I really don't want to go to the icons at the bottom for home, recent apps, and back. I like them not being on the screen and just swiping the one I need
Which swipe gestures are you using, 1 or 2?
a314d4f5d29531aec8d8f8c68bc9c382.jpg

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Have you tried changing gestures button order?
92deec1f1ec4fa73ab66efd98da98b12.jpg
Holy cow you are a life saver my friend, after the update I looked all through it trying to make it back to the way it was and i could swear it didn't show me that but I'm guessing I just somehow looked over it even though I looked maybe 20 times. Thank you much for the help.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Holy cow you are a life saver my friend, after the update I looked all through it trying to make it back to the way it was and i could swear it didn't show me that but I'm guessing I just somehow looked over it even though I looked maybe 20 times. Thank you much for the help.
Glad I could help, welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wacky23