How do I install an App listed as "Not Compatible"

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I ran the firmware upgrade via RUU I can't download an app that I used to use constantly on my Rezound. The Play store is saying it's not compatible with the Rezound but I know it was because I've been using it since I got my phone (back in Jan I think) and I used it the day before I ran the RUU.

The app even says it supports Android 4.0 so I emailed the developer and they say it's because the app doesn't support high resolution devices. Huh? But it worked before so now all of sudden it doens't?

My question I guess is how can I get this app back, its Fltplan.com Mobile. If I still had my Inc I guess I could install it on that and somehow get it over to the Rezound but there's got to be an easier way.

I even tried switching ROM's to see if maybe it was ROM specific but to no avail.

Nils

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
If you have a nand backup with it in it you can first backup the current ROM, restore the prior nand, copy the apk from /data/app/ to the sd card then restore your ROM and install it from the sd card.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you try the market trick?

Visit the market on a PC(make sure you're not signed in)
buy/install the app
sign in when prompted and see if that does it.

Alternatively...try appbrain or the amazon market.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah tried the market trick but it didn't get me anywhere and I tried appbrain but it just sent me to the market.

The nand restore did occur to me but I wasn't sure how to go about it. I did keep one old GB based nand so, first flash the GB kernel in hboot then boot to recovery and do the restore? After I get the file do the same but in reverse, ICS kernel flash then nand restore my current ROM. Does that sound right?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Nope, never heard of it. I'll google it and see if i can get it. Do you just extract it from the nand file itself?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that'd be awesome! Thanks man!

Edit: Been doing some reading on unyaffs...think I might try the nand restore method cause I don't understand a damn bit of most of the threads related to using it LOL.

Last edited:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
AHHH!! Did a nand restore of the only ROM with the app I wanted but it was a GB ROM so after I did the restore and before I rebooted I reflashed a Sense GB kernel in hboot...basically after it restored I went to developer menu, boot to hboot and then let it flash the kernel. Rebooted normally into the ROM and it runs fine but it doesn't see my SD card or the internal storage! CRAP!

EDIT: Update, when I boot to recovery it can see the SD card, just not in the ROM...still need some help getting the ROM to see the SD so I can do a Titanium Backup on the app then get the old GB kernel off the card and get back to ICS.

Last edited:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
After messing with this thing for an hour, going back to GB, going back to ICS, getting the main ver error, doing a ninja style SD card install with the battery half out, a full wipe and reflash of my current ROM, then a restore of my last nandroid.......i'm back up and running...but still without the stupid app I was after in the first place.

Any chance I could get someone to download it and just send me the .apk?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I finally got it back. I went to the Amazon market and got.it that way. I swear on my mother I tried looking for it there and it wasn't available! Thanks for the willingness to help guy!

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who hates the amazon market? Maybe my Dinc was just so bogged down, but it always seemed to slow my phone down, so I swore it off a long time ago. Glad it worked out for you Wanda.

Been playing with my Rezound for the last 4 hours. I had a boot loop issue that I found a fix for with LTE switch. Pissed me off big time, and it's got me holding out on Rooting it for a few days to a week, just so I can make sure there aren't any issues with it.

blackbox24

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
hey don't know if ya found this but i flashed resurrection remix ROM onto my samsung galaxy s2 and found 30 - 40 percent on apps on the market became incompatible, i stumbled across this looking to fix it it lets you download the apps .apk file and install them, flashplayer, adobeAIR, dragon play slotcity i use all the time and this market app allowed me to install them even though they became incompatible hope it works for you guys it's located here > http://adf.ly/Fx5R7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty