1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default which method to use (have global RUU flashed already)

Hi all.

I have the global RUU installed on my otherwise stock Rezound. Considering I'm running the global RUU, is there any recommendation on which guide I should use?

MrSmith's [GUIDE] Unlocking, Rooting, ROM'ing, and FAQ
    Paul's [GUIDE] Guide to Unlocking & Rooting the HTC Rezound
    Scotty's

I have to ask because none of them seem to start with the global RUU; I don't know if it matters.

Thank you!
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)

ROM
    Stock/ ICS Rooted

Default Re: which method to use (have global RUU flashed already)

I used Hasoon's All in One kit when I did mine. I have the Global RUU. The kit is an app that does almost everything for you. The only thing I had to do not using the kit was to install Super User. I may also have a copy of the rooted deodexed version of the Global RUU that I used.
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by plemelin View Post
    I used Hasoon's All in One kit when I did mine. I have the Global RUU. The kit is an app that does almost everything for you. The only thing I had to do not using the kit was to install Super User. I may also have a copy of the rooted deodexed version of the Global RUU that I used.
    Wow ... I did not know an All-in-One kit existed for the Rezound! Were you running the Global RUU when you started the rooting process?

Googling the kit now. Thanks for the tip, plemelin.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Wow ... I did not know an All-in-One kit existed for the Rezound! Were you running the Global RUU when you started the rooting process?

Googling the kit now. Thanks for the tip, plemelin.
    I don't think it matters. I don't think the global "fixed" any exploits.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
    Thanked by:
    TBolt 

Somehow after 6 months on the Global RUU, my phone decided to get stuck on the HTC screen at boot. No solutions worked, so I relocked and am reinstalling the Global RUU. It has to be run twice correct? I'm in the process of the 2nd run, and I'm VERY worried about battery life. I think I have enough, but what would happen if it ran out of juice in the middle of this 2nd install?
    Devices:

Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by 318sugarhill View Post
    Somehow after 6 months on the Global RUU, my phone decided to get stuck on the HTC screen at boot. No solutions worked, so I relocked and am reinstalling the Global RUU. It has to be run twice correct? I'm in the process of the 2nd run, and I'm VERY worried about battery life. I think I have enough, but what would happen if it ran out of juice in the middle of this 2nd install?
    I would have waited til I got to an electrical outlet before starting the 2nd run. I never ran out of power during an install, but I will cross my fingers that you'll just be able to plug the phone in, wipe and restart if necessary.

I thought I was good, and I was. I had about 40% left when it finished and rebooted. I just had a panic attack for a minute. I was at an outlet, I just didn't think it would charge while in bootloader.
    Devices:

Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 318sugarhill View Post
    I thought I was good, and I was. I had about 40% left when it finished and rebooted. I just had a panic attack for a minute. I was at an outlet, I just didn't think it would charge while in bootloader.
    It doesn't charge in bootloader or recovery either. Glad you made it through the flash though... I think you'd have bricked it otherwise. There might be a way to come back from that but I don't think it would have been pretty.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    "I drank what?" -Socrates